Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Aug 14 2012, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (humble-dumb @ Aug 14 2012, 03:27 PM)
Question, and sorry if this has already been covered (this thread is currently 169 pages long...).

Why is Stupid Dream the only PT album NOT available for download? Amazon, iTunes, whatever... Its not available. And I havent found an answer through normal searches.

Stupid Dream's available to download here, but I'll give you a heads up, this is a FLAC download so you'll need something like VLC Player (it's free) to play it.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupine...roduct/94/1184/

As to why it's not on Amazon, iTunes, etc. I can't answer that because I don't know why either. It was once available on iTunes as I recall seeing it on the iTunes store about 2 years ago, but I guess it disappeared since then.

Thanks for the response. There seems to be a readily available FLAC to mp3 converter for free download, so I may do this. I dont think I am patient enough to wait for a physical CD to be delivered, and I dont have time to drive around hunting for it.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Aug 14 2012, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (humble-dumb @ Aug 14 2012, 03:27 PM)
Question, and sorry if this has already been covered (this thread is currently 169 pages long...).

Why is Stupid Dream the only PT album NOT available for download? Amazon, iTunes, whatever... Its not available. And I havent found an answer through normal searches.

Stupid Dream's available to download here, but I'll give you a heads up, this is a FLAC download so you'll need something like VLC Player (it's free) to play it.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupine...roduct/94/1184/

As to why it's not on Amazon, iTunes, etc. I can't answer that because I don't know why either. It was once available on iTunes as I recall seeing it on the iTunes store about 2 years ago, but I guess it disappeared since then.

Convert FLAC to MP3 for free with this.

Here's the pre-order for the long awaited live album, Octane Twisted, from The Incident era. A bit of heads up for this release, there's two versions of this release. The one on Burning Shed (link is below) is the 2CD/Bonus DVD version. The other one is just the 2CDs which can be pre-ordered on Amazon, etc.

The DVD of The Incident is considered a bonus for this release so if you really want the video footage of The Incident in its entirety, then go for the one on Burning Shed.

Disc 1 contains the entire Incident album live from the Chicago 2010 show. Disc 2 contains half of the 2nd set from the Chicago 2010 show, plus some highlights from the RAH show (the full version of Even Less, Dislocated Day, and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupine...oduct/169/4174/

Update: On the description of the DVD it says "This is film/video, not audio". I have no clue what this means, but it might mean we would have to sync up the audio from the CD with the DVD to get the audio....IDK, it's confusing a lot of the guys on the PT forums as well as myself.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I might stick with just the audio on this one... I love the DVDs, but have gotten spoiled on the Blu-Ray... plus I have both the live videos from the last two tours anyway...

If this should ever make it to BD, Ill snag it, but until then, gonna stick with the 2CD set.

...and hopefully a "Arriving Somewhere" BD upconversion is down the road somewhere.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 28 2012, 08:01 PM)
Here's the pre-order for the long awaited live album, Octane Twisted, from The Incident era. A bit of heads up for this release, there's two versions of this release. The one on Burning Shed (link is below) is the 2CD/Bonus DVD version. The other one is just the 2CDs which can be pre-ordered on Amazon, etc.

The DVD of The Incident is considered a bonus for this release so if you really want the video footage of The Incident in its entirety, then go for the one on Burning Shed.

Disc 1 contains the entire Incident album live from the Chicago 2010 show. Disc 2 contains half of the 2nd set from the Chicago 2010 show, plus some highlights from the RAH show (the full version of Even Less, Dislocated Day, and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here)

Update: On the description of the DVD it says "This is film/video, not audio". I have no clue what this means, but it might mean we would have to sync up the audio from the CD with the DVD to get the audio....IDK, it's confusing a lot of the guys on the PT forums as well as myself.

They mean that the DVD is not a DVD-A, that's all. It's a standard movie/concert DVD.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 28 2012, 02:01 PM)

Pre-ordered! Thanks for the heads up and the link. trink39.gif

I wish SW would take a freakin' vacation or something. If he so much as breathes on something, I buy it.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 28 2012, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 28 2012, 08:01 PM)

They mean that the DVD is not a DVD-A, that's all. It's a standard movie/concert DVD.

Yeah, I finally figured that out. Burning Shed's been constantly updating the info of this album today, it confused some (including myself) at first. First they said Disc 2 was entirely devoted to the best bits from the RAH show, and then they said it's a mixture of leftover songs from the Chicago show and RAH material, and finally they added one more song to the track list on disc 2.

Just pre-ordered the limited edition 2 cd/dvd version.

So pumped!

For this release it seems as if the CDs are the main draw, and the DVD is "just a bouns".. as opposed to it being the other way around on the last few live releases SW has put out...

I think this is gonna be similar to the Blackfield live in NYC that was put out... A live album with a bonus DVD... I don't expect half the presentation and production to go into this DVD as that went into "Anesthetize" or "Get all You Deserve"

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 29 2012, 04:10 PM)
For this release it seems as if the CDs are the main draw, and the DVD is "just a bouns".. as opposed to it being the other way around on the last few live releases SW has put out... 

I think this is gonna be similar to the Blackfield live in NYC that was put out... A live album with a bonus DVD...  I don't expect half the presentation and production to go into this DVD as that went into "Anesthetize" or "Get all You Deserve"

The Chicago footage was never meant to be commercially released. The band originally shot the footage at the last minute (albeit low budget and with only 6 cameras) in order to have a historical record of The Incident tour on video before they moved on to the next album cycle. This is evident by the fact that the DVD doesn't contain the full show (the entire 2nd set is omitted save for half of the songs which will be on Disc 2 of the CD portion of this release). I guess the band evaluated the footage and thought it was alright for most of it to be released (kinda like what they did with the DVD for No-Man's Love and Endings)

As for the reason why half of disc 2 contains only material from the RAH show and not a mixture of that and the RCMH show, there were some technical problems with the RCMH show, plus the performance was "not on par" with the usual standards from what the band had, thus made it unreleasable for now. The RAH show went considerably better but not by much, which is why we're only getting 3 songs from that show for this release. If my calculations of the duration of Disc 2 are correct, then the total time for Disc 2 should be somewhere around an hour and 10 minutes. I personally think they could have squeezed in at least one more pre Lightbulb Sun song like Pure Narcotic, Stranger by the Minute, Small Fish, Tinto Brass, or Up the Downstair, but I'm just grateful we're even getting a live album from this tour.

Gave some time to think about whether I should go for the CD version or the CD/DVD version, I went for the CD/DVD version seeing as I watch DVDs as much as listening to the soundtrack, and also since the DVD is limited. I only saw the RCMH show on that tour, and it was incredible. Can't wait for this release!

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 4 2012, 05:29 PM)
Saw this on CP , the famous Hitler video about PT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=W8giorQahLo

Instant classic. Except for the DT and Opeth comments, Hitler was right on.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 6 2012, 01:28 PM)
I was never a big Porcupine Tree fan, but I always liked them. I think that's changing now...

As in changing into a big fan now ?

If so, that's great.

I rate them highly .

QUOTE (I know i'm going bald @ Oct 6 2012, 04:22 PM)
I was never a big Porcupine Tree fan, but I always liked them. I think that's changing now...

If so, that's great.

I rate them highly .

Big fan? Not yet. A fan, definitely. I have three albums: In Absentia, Deadwing and Fear of a Blank Planet. I loved Fear of a Blank Planet for several years and I'm finally giving the other two a proper listen.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 7 2012, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (I know i'm going bald @ Oct 6 2012, 04:22 PM)

If so, that's great.

I rate them highly .

Big fan? Not yet. A fan, definitely. I have three albums: In Absentia, Deadwing and Fear of a Blank Planet. I loved Fear of a Blank Planet for several years and I'm finally giving the other two a proper listen.

In Absentia and Deadwing are both awesome, IMHO.

If you go back just a little bit, you'll find Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream. Neither is as heavy as those newer ones, but there's some absolutely brilliant stuff on both.