Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Just wondering if the DVD is really great. Anything they put out on video is freaking amazing live footage. The music is great also. Will most likely get it as a gift this holiday season. Hope I have been a good boy this year. If Santa has been keeping tabs on me I will have coal under the tree. Lots of it. Just playin.

I like it , would have been nice to have the whole show though.

Everything sounds amazing.

Absolutely awesome live album. Although I like The Incident, it is much better live.

I also prefer Disc 2 though. Stars Die sounds fantastic, and the Russia On Ice/The Pills I'm Taking combo is extremely fun to listen to. Then you have Even Less, Dislocated Day, Hatesong, etc. They're all great to listen to. I'm loving the sound too. It's just very good all around.

I absolutely loved the "Stars Die" live version. I thought the sound quality was excellent however I had to turn the volume way up. The audio was recorded way too low. Clear but low if that makes sense. Usually I have an album nice and loud around -17. I had to turn up this album to about -12 to get that same volume.

Strange.

Absolutely awesome live album. Although I like The Incident, it is much better live.

I also prefer Disc 2 though. Stars Die sounds fantastic, and the Russia On Ice/The Pills I'm Taking combo is extremely fun to listen to. Then you have Even Less, Dislocated Day, Hatesong, etc. They're all great to listen to. I'm loving the sound too. It's just very good all around.

I absolutely loved the "Stars Die" live version. I thought the sound quality was excellent however I had to turn the volume way up. The audio was recorded way too low. Clear but low if that makes sense. Usually I have an album nice and loud around -17. I had to turn up this album to about -12 to get that same volume.

Strange.

SW has been pretty vocal about the Loudness War thing, so most of his records are mastered at pretty low volume, I'm fine with that.

It's better than records like St Anger or VT (even though I love it, it's sounds weird when played at high volumes)

Strange.

I noticed this too. I find that SW/PT records are getting quieter with each release haha. But I don't really mind too much. As long as they stay clear, then I'm good with it.

And I totally agree with Stars Die. Amazing live version.

Love the new live album. Although I do have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I had heard that the Radio City show was being recorded for a live album. I was at that show, and the set list was abso-fricken-lutely amazing. When Steven Wilson was back in NYC last year promoting his new solo album, I got in line at J&R Music World to have his CD autographed. So, I stepped up to the table, shook his hand, told him I was a big fan of his music. He thanked me. I then asked him if the Radio City show was going to be released as a live album, and he said no...that it sounded like shite. He apologized and said that they will be releasing something from that tour. So, this is it. I'm glad it's something, but when I think about what it could have been, I can't help but be disappointed.

Just wondering if the DVD is really great. Anything they put out on video is freaking amazing live footage. The music is great also. Will most likely get it as a gift this holiday season. Hope I have been a good boy this year. If Santa has been keeping tabs on me I will have coal under the tree. Lots of it. Just playin.

I like it , would have been nice to have the whole show though.

Aye, just how I felt afterwards but still, an essential purchase. I especially like to play out the last three :hail:

Edited by Steevo

It would've been nice if the DVD contained the full Chicago show, but according to Gavin, they DID NOT film the entire show. If I remembered correctly, Gavin said that the film crew shot only The Incident portion of the show as most of the songs in the 2nd set were already captured on Arriving Somewhere... and Anesthetize (of course Russia On Ice, Stars Die and Bonnie The Cat being the exception).

You guys, I'm really bumming hard about this hiatus and SW's newfound boredom of metal. The Incident was so f***ing awesome, this live release is amazing, and we still have no idea when PT will be back. And if they do come back, what kind of music will it be? SW's other stuff is great, but I can't enjoy it as much as the PT stuff. Please please please let them come back!!!

I'll stop drinking now.

• Like 1

You guys, I'm really bumming hard about this hiatus and SW's newfound boredom of metal. The Incident was so f***ing awesome, this live release is amazing, and we still have no idea when PT will be back. And if they do come back, what kind of music will it be? SW's other stuff is great, but I can't enjoy it as much as the PT stuff. Please please please let them come back!!!

I'll stop drinking now.

I gathered up my high gain distortion pedals and cried over them when I read he was "bored with metal."

I'll stop drinking now.

I gathered up my high gain distortion pedals and cried over them when I read he was "bored with metal."

We can't lose this!!!

Edited by Territorial_Game

Wow! Incredible timing that this thread is back on top! I'm listening to the double live cd edition of Steven Wilson's "Get All You Deserve" tonight! It's mindblowing and I think it's better than the newest live PT double live cd. JMO!

Wilson rules.

I think he has moved on from Porcupine Tree. He better hold on to Gavin Harrison.

Wow! Incredible timing that this thread is back on top! I'm listening to the double live cd edition of Steven Wilson's "Get All You Deserve" tonight! It's mindblowing and I think it's better than the newest live PT double live cd. JMO!

Wilson rules.

I think he has moved on from Porcupine Tree. He better hold on to Gavin Harrison.

Gavin ain't gonna be on his new rekkid.

Wilson rules.

I know! It's MARCO! He is a stud too! It's all good! This new album will be a 2013 Album Of The Year Nominee.

Produced by the great Alan Parsons? Are you kidding me?

I saw the Alan Parsons Project this year at Yoshi's in San Francisco. Incredible. There was a meet and greet after the show. We talked for about two minutes. I told him that "Eye In The Sky" got me into his band back in 1982 when I was just a kid. Alan was impressed that I remember the release year of the album! LOL!

Wilson rules.

I know! It's MARCO! He is a stud too! It's all good! This new album will be a 2013 Album Of The Year Nominee.

Produced by the great Alan Parsons? Are you kidding me?

I saw the Alan Parsons Project this year at Yoshi's in San Francisco. Incredible. There was a meet and greet after the show. We talked for about two minutes. I told him that "Eye In The Sky" got me into his band back in 1982 when I was just a kid. Alan was impressed that I remember the release year of the album! LOL!

I'm surprised Wilson is having someone else produce him. But them again, I'm not. He's just trying to change it up. And who wouldn't want Alan Parsons producing their rekkid?

Wilson rules.

Nooooooooooooo...say it isn't so, I want my Porcupine Tree damn it :boohoo:

Wilson rules.

Nooooooooooooo...say it isn't so, I want my Porcupine Tree damn it :boohoo:

Perhaps Wilson is the new Paul Stanley. He will say in an internet press release that PT is over but in a year or two PT will come out with a new album and tour featuring Harrison on the drums.

Marketing 101 I mean 666. I call it "Smarketing and Jabbertising." Just think of the buzz when Wilson gets PT back together for one more run. The band will sell out across the world. They will make a lot of the "Big Money!"

Signed,

RUSH

I'll stop drinking now.

Majorly bummed for some time now about SW's boredom with metal. The Incident was maybe a 3 of 5 stars release. FOABP was 5 of 5.

PT is done. It cannot be recaptured because SW has drifted too far from shore.

Wilson rules.

Gavin is a huge reason for my admiration of PT.

Porcupine Tree is as over as King Crimson was after Red in 1974.

They'll come back, and it will be different.

SW must be asked 365 times a year when the band will end their hiatus, if he wanted to disband PT, he would have said it.

SW must be asked 365 times a year when the band will end their hiatus, if he wanted to disband PT, he would have said it.

PT as we have known it is done. I can only hope that the next PT is as awesome as Discipline was to Red, which totally kicked ass.

PT as we have known it is done. I can only hope that the next PT is as awesome as Discipline was to Red, which totally kicked ass.

:goodone:

The Incident live is improved, agreed, loved it and cannot be faulted, sounded great. I can't say I liked Disc 2 more, however, Stars Die, Pills and of course Arriving are essential PT and sound fricking fantastic live :finbar:

Come on Sully, I wanna see your take! :popcorn:

I did not like The Incident when it came out, but about a year or so later I heard it and enjoyed it. Last summer I started listening to it quite a bit and found the live version to be a wonderful listen. It is not FOABP, but it is good in its own right. Took a while for me to get into it though.

I did not like The Incident when it came out, but about a year or so later I heard it and enjoyed it. Last summer I started listening to it quite a bit and found the live version to be a wonderful listen. It is not FOABP, but it is good in its own right. Took a while for me to get into it though.

I agree Fear is superior to The Incident but I took to it straight away. I would rank the albums as Fear, The Incident and Deadwing and believe PT are still on a roll.