Which of the 3 songs has the best chance?

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:24 AM)
....unless they replace hope with just an acoustic In The End......that would be cool...

Hey! You stole my idea!

That's okay I guess so long as Rush listens to us. In the End has that nice sincere heartfelt tenderness to it I think would translate perfectly to a Geddy / Alex acoustic just as nicely as Resist did.

I also think there is a decent chance they play Jacob's Ladder. Not so much for The Camera Eye though. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE that song but... its pretty damned long an repetitive to play live I think. That would take up a lot of real estate that other tracks could occupy.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jan 21 2008, 11:33 AM)
D) None of the above smile.gif

What he said. Camera Eye, LOL. Not a chance.

New World Man, I think, has a chance of reappearing, though. Afterimage would be kewl too.

And Analog Kid would be okey dokey as well.

camera eye, my fav song= not gonna happen[ i gave up]

J.L. would be great 1022.gif

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jan 21 2008, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:38 AM)

Hey man, this thread is for optimists and dreamers only.

No pestamistics. smile.gif 1022.gif

How about "realists?" biggrin.gif

I second that emotion. Sorry but the only chance you have of hearing those songs live is by a cover band.

Sayin.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:38 AM)

Hey man, this thread is for optimists and dreamers only.

No pestamistics. smile.gif 1022.gif

That's why I will never give up on seeing either Lamneth or Necromancer live.

I figure I got a better chance of winning the lottery (and I don't ever buy tickets either), but there's always a chance. wink.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:24 AM)
...unless they replace hope with just an acoustic In The End...

Call me a traditionalist, but if they were to play it, I'd have to hear that huge electric second half. And hey, if we're dreaming, why not dig deeper into Fly By Night for "Beneath, Behind and Between"? It's just as relevant for the Bush years as it was for Watergate.

I'm with apetersvt in choosing either Fountain of Lamneth (could they at least do Didacts and Narpets) or Necromancer. CoS was my intro to Rush and that find was like the protagonist in 2112 finding the guitar.

Anyway, back to reality, for the 2008 leg, I'm holding out for Faithless and we should all hold on for We Hold On. That one would make a great set closer.

"But even when I'm gray, I'll still be gray my way. Yeah!"

Would love to see The Camera Eye, look at my name, but as others have said, I've given up on it. Maybe during a Farewell Tour when they play five hours.....(since we're dreaming here!)

Funny, I was thinking Beneath, Between and Behind too, would LOVE that. But even better, and easier....Bytor! Simple, better jam, and more likely to be played. Or both. Actually, Anthem is one of my favorites too. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think (hope) it will be Jacobs Ladder.

The band has been playing a lot of tunes from that album lately, this is the only one missing. I don't think it's been played since the early 80's.

It also sort of fits in with the vibe of the Snakes & Arrows CD- you know the stronger riffs. This tune fits in well with the heavy sound Alex was getting out of his Gibsons during the first leg, so it's a natural fit pretty much anywhere in the setlist.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 21 2008, 12:33 PM)
I also think there is a decent chance they play Jacob's Ladder. Not so much for The Camera Eye though. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE that song but... its pretty damned long an repetitive to play live I think. That would take up a lot of real estate that other tracks could occupy.

If they played TCE, they'd probably just play the 2nd half of the song, like how they only played half of Xanadu for R30....

And they LIKE Xanadu!

Archived