70 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• 10 miles
    • 100 miles
    • 500 miles
    • 1000 miles
    • 10000 miles
    • the world, baby!

Although I know the answer I'd like to say (biggrin.gif), realistically speaking, I'd only travel 500 miles tops to see Rush. I live about an hour east of Toronto, so that's like 95K, which is 60 miles (give or take). I went to the Toronto show this year, and it was amazing! I'd probably travel far to see Rush, but I probably won't leave the continent, unless I take a vacation and have an opportunity.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Dec 2 2007, 07:08 PM)
Although I know the answer I'd like to say (biggrin.gif), realistically speaking, I'd only travel 500 miles tops to see Rush. I live about an hour east of Toronto, so that's like 95K, which is 60 miles (give or take). I went to the Toronto show this year, and it was amazing! I'd probably travel far to see Rush, but I probably won't leave the continent, unless I take a vacation and have an opportunity.

Yeah me too, but it looked cool so I had to put it biggrin.gif

The farthest I've traveled is 580 miles one way... Biloxi, Mississippi to Dallas, Texas

I have both driven that distance, and flown before...

I think the farthest I would consider going would be to see them in their home town, Toronto (@ 1,300 miles one way)... maybe the will hit TO again on the second leg, and I can fly up there!

I've already travelled from Moscow, Russia to Oslo, Norway just to see 2.gif , and it was amazing. It's less than 10000 miles, but it's still another country.

And now I'm already thinking of going to see them on the next leg, and as I doubt they would get to mainland Europe this time, I think I'll probably have to go to either US/Canada or maybe even somewhere in South America :-)

went from osaka, japan to toronto last september. don't exactly know how far that is but it's 12-13 hours to detroit then a 1 hour or so flight to toronto. distance isn't the problem, it's money & time. but i paid it regardless and thought, "we're all here for a 'limited time' anyways". 1022.gif

500 miles. Thats at least driving distance. At least the way Rush is now. Even on this second leg of the tour they will at least be within 500 miles of anyone here in the U.S.

But I can understand those of you across the pond traveling larger distances.

I'm currently in negotiations with Mrs. Hatchet regarding the 2nd leg. If they play NY or Toronto, it could be a runner, using it as a holiday as well, bringing Mrs. H and the little Axes. She has a sister in NY, and Toronto has been on our list for years. Just waiting for dates to be announced........

It would be a round trip of 6200 miles either way.

I flew from Tampa to Sacramento, so that's over 1,000 miles... but combined it with a business trip so perhaps that doesn't count. Flew from Tampa to KC and that was over 1,000 miles as well.

I'd fly anywhere in US or Canada, if necessary, to see them but would be selective on which dates I would pay that kind of $$$ to travel and see.

When Rush releases their tour dates I look at them and see when and where I can make it - combined with other factors such as "a place I always wanted to visit" or "friends live there I haven't seen in a long time". Those sorts of factors.

So I've traveled pretty far to "see Rush" the farthest being last tour flying from Canada to Holland to see that show. Would I had gone if that country wasn't a place I've always wanted to spend a week in and I would only go se the show then come back to Canada? Probably not.

Budget and time to spend traveling to see them are also big factors. I'd bet almost anyone here who won the lottery and was retired would travel to the moon and back just to see the boys.

If I were single, I would go all over North America to see them...but I'm not single...and my better half doesn't see the point in me going very far to see the guys when I have seen them 5 times over the last 3 tours. I could possibly win that argument if I didn't already drop a lot of money on a snowmobile, an ATV, hunting and fishing trips, and my car.

Good thing Rush is a regular visitor to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indianapolis, so I never need to go too far.

laugh.gif Well this poll is a no brainer for me. laugh.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2007, 08:12 AM)
distance isn't the problem, it's money & time. but i paid it regardless and thought, "we're all here for a 'limited time' anyways". 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 4 2007, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2007, 08:12 AM)
distance isn't the problem,  it's money & time.  but i paid it regardless and thought, "we're all here for a 'limited time' anyways".  1022.gif

goodpost.gif

I have a confession to make: I didn't travel all that way because I wanted to see Toronto for the first time, visit an old friend in London ON, go to Niagara Falls, or see a couple Rush shows. I don't even like Rush actually. I went there to see you. wink.gif trink38.gif

Archived