Ghost stories

barney_rebel

The school I teach at has ghosts, but friendly ones. Every once in a while my classroom door will fly open for no apparent reason. I used to see them when I first started working there. One would float across the hall between my room and a room across the hall where there was another new teacher. Our friend usually visits the new teachers, and leaves the older ones alone. smile.gif Unless we have been talking disrespectfully about it, then we have a number of incidents again.

The best incident was when a child said that they had seen someone in the window on the third floor of the building on Halloween. That's the attic, no one goes up there, and there are no rooms where that person could have been(it's crawlspace). The person waved to her, and she described the person to her teacher the next day. Now this had happended on a Sunday night when no one was in the building, and the none of our staff fit her description. However, a principal who died quite a few years back fit the description... we think she's checking up on us.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i duno if ud call this a ghost story ..but , this

Just happened to me This past Monday..

ok as some of u know..i work at a cemetary, i do phone work..

set appointments,paperwork,confirm apointments,and other lil "office" work and stuff like that. anyhowz...

It just so happens that My Sister & now My Dad Are both buried there.

So usualy every Day i been goin to their graves to visit & to

see if they put my Dads memorial plaque in the ground. (He past away

this past May & we waited a lil bit b4 we made the plaque we wanted for him)

So monday i stopped by their graves to say hi and see whats goin on

with the plaque & that night i knew i was on the phones to set apointments. & not office work

So as i left the grave site i said over my shoulder.." Hey & if one of u could help me get an appointment that would make my day!"

& went into work.

i was callin for like maybe no longer then 20mins & i set an appointment! ohmy.gif

cool huh?? but wait!!

The Street that the couple lived on? was Nancy Ln!

thats my sisters name! smile.gif

pretty cool huh??

i duno some can say it was a Coincodence & its nothin...

but ahh Id like to think it was her tellin me she helped me out that night wub.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Oct 30 2008, 11:07 PM)
The school I teach at has ghosts, but friendly ones. Every once in a while my classroom door will fly open for no apparent reason. I used to see them when I first started working there. One would float across the hall between my room and a room across the hall where there was another new teacher. Our friend usually visits the new teachers, and leaves the older ones alone. smile.gif Unless we have been talking disrespectfully about it, then we have a number of incidents again.

The best incident was when a child said that they had seen someone in the window on the third floor of the building on Halloween. That's the attic, no one goes up there, and there are no rooms where that person could have been(it's crawlspace). The person waved to her, and she described the person to her teacher the next day. Now this had happended on a Sunday night when no one was in the building, and the none of our staff fit her description. However, a principal who died quite a few years back fit the description... we think she's checking up on us.

Very cool! I love stories like this. smile.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Oct 31 2008, 12:01 AM)

set appointments,paperwork,confirm apointments,and other lil "office" work and stuff like that. anyhowz...

with the plaque & that night i knew i was on the phones to set apointments. & not office work
So as i left the grave site i said over my shoulder.." Hey & if one of u could help me get an appointment that would make my day!"

& went into work.
i was callin for like maybe no longer then 20mins & i set an appointment! ohmy.gif
cool huh?? but wait!!
thats my sisters name! smile.gif
pretty cool huh??
but ahh Id like to think it was her tellin me she helped me out that night wub.gif

yes.gif

Nancy was sending you a sign! All you have to do is ask, and you will get the support you need. You can't abuse this kind of thing, but when you really, really, need it - the help is there.

Thanks Nancy. rose.gif

I've never had a ghost experience, but theres one story that has gone around about a restaurant in my town that has always been interesting.

It's a 2 story place, and the top floor is used for administration/storage/etc, but also the toilets.

When it first opened as a bar many years ago (not sure exactly, early 1900's though) a young woman was raped and murdered on the second floor.

The story now is that her ghost haunts the place, but confines her 'spooking' to males that are in the building, supposedly because she hates men due to what happened to her. The employees are all female, as any men employed there end up leaving because they feel uncomfortable and creeped out, especially when sent upstairs for something, and they seem to be the sole target of kitchen accidents.

On the few times I dined there and used the toilets upstairs, the atmosphere upstairs was very cold and uninviting - you could almost hear the resentment for men in the room.

I think ghosts - and anything of the paranormal nature - is kind of like Santa Claus for kids. The fact they believe in him means that to them, he's 100 percent real. If we tell ourselves that we think there are ghosts lurking in the shadows, then we'll believe they are there.

For example, lets say a friend asks you to go down to the cellar to get a bottle of wine. If he tells you that a ghost lives down there, you'll be spooked. Though if he doesn't say anything, you won't think about it.

And like Santa Claus, most people want to believe in ghosts. It's the reason people watch those paranormal shows and get engrossed with the dark footage and spooky music, they want to find some kind of evidence...any kind of evidence, that ghosts exist.

It's the same with UFO's, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and Elvis. If it's supposed to be out there, we'll look for it.

QUOTE (sundog @ Oct 31 2008, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Oct 31 2008, 12:01 AM)

with the plaque & that night i  knew i was on the phones to set apointments. & not office work

& went into work.
i was callin for like maybe no longer then 20mins & i set an appointment!  ohmy.gif
cool huh?? but wait!!
thats my sisters name!  smile.gif
pretty cool huh??
but ahh  Id like to think it was her tellin me she helped me out that night  wub.gif

yes.gif

Nancy was sending you a sign! All you have to do is ask, and you will get the support you need. You can't abuse this kind of thing, but when you really, really, need it - the help is there.

Thanks Nancy. rose.gif

smile.gif

now im kickin myself for not askin for the winnin

lotto #'s instead laugh.gif

Well, i thought I'd already posted a story or two, but I can't find 'em, so here goes...

In.. 6th grade? a few years back, anyway, we lived with a single mother and her kid, as our apartment was a shithole, and we packed up and left

without finding a new place first. In the middle of the night, we'd once in a while hear someone walking up the stairs. Once, i woke up in the middle of the night and saw something kinda like when the flash on a camera goes off, where there's a big flash in one spot, then you see blue and it all fades, and the noise stopped.

The single mom apparently heard the footsteps every night, until her father talked to her in a dream, and told her where he hid his gold *sounds like a pirate story, but he invested in gold and had a safe hidden in the attic* she then woke up standing in the middle of the kitchen, 75 feet from her room.

I might have already posted this in here..........

In my first year of university I had to live in a boarding house that was converted from an old hospital. The building served as a hospital from around 1908 to the 1920s in Lethbridge Alberta. It had about 30 rooms which were mostly rented by fixed income mental health patients.

Although I never actually saw any appiritions or things floating in the night, I was damned sure the place was haunted. I think though whatever was "haunting" the place, wasn't evil or malevolent, but kinda of comforting or nurturing....as crazy as that sounds.

The good part was I eventually hooked up with the Landlady's daughter, who was super hot........muahahahahaha.

BOO!

I've got no ghost stories, but had some Vivid DejaVue incidents

& I witnessed the famous UFO lights in Phoenix years ago, which weren't UFO's, but peoples imaginations gone wild & some military flares.

But there must be something to all these first hand encounters of Ghosts.

This seems more likely than space aliens buzzing the planet.

Before I die I would love to have a "Ghost" Incident & meet a UFO Pilot

And depending on their intentions, an alien abduction

QUOTE (GotRush @ Sep 23 2009, 03:38 PM)
I've got no ghost stories, but had some Vivid DejaVue incidents
& I witnessed the famous UFO lights in Phoenix years ago, which weren't UFO's, but peoples imaginations gone wild & some military flares.

Before I die I would love to have a "Ghost" Incident & meet a UFO Pilot
And depending on their intentions, an alien abduction

I wasn't there but I don't believe that they were military flares. I've seen pictures comparing flares to the lights and its totally different. But then again...that was over 12 years ago, I was 8...and I was in Connecticut with all the ghosties smile.gif But I love the UFO shit too.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 22 2009, 07:46 PM)

In my first year of university I had to live in a boarding house that was converted from an old hospital. The building served as a hospital from around 1908 to the 1920s in Lethbridge Alberta. It had about 30 rooms which were mostly rented by fixed income mental health patients.

Although I never actually saw any appiritions or things floating in the night, I was damned sure the place was haunted. I think though whatever was "haunting" the place, wasn't evil or malevolent, but kinda of comforting or nurturing....as crazy as that sounds.

The good part was I eventually hooked up with the Landlady's daughter, who was super hot........muahahahahaha.

BOO!

Yeah dude, I want to see that picture of you with the ghost! SCAN IT SCAN IT SCAN IT DAMNIT!

It's a shame you guys can't make it to Connecticut any time soon. We could take a tour of The Warren's occult museum with all their haunted stuff like the possessed raggity-anne doll and things from Amityville, etc...

...Lorraine's kinda creepy though. I've seen her walking around town at night and I hear she orders two dishes of food when at restaurants...one for her...one for Ed scared.gif

QUOTE (GotRush @ Sep 24 2009, 04:38 AM)

Why MUST there be something to ghost encounters?

People have encounters with Nessie, Bigfoot, chupacabras, muck monsters, and the tooth fairy but there doesn't have to be something with those.

And why are space aliens less likely than ghosts?

Because it's easier to walk around dead, leave ectoplasm and scary faces than to travel across the universe?

trink38.gif

Note: If it's not already obvious, don't take this post too seriously...although I'm pretty skeptic about all of it.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 11:46 PM)

People have encounters with Nessie, Bigfoot, chupacabras, muck monsters, and the tooth fairy but there doesn't have to be something with those. 

Because it's easier to walk around dead, leave ectoplasm and scary faces than to travel across the universe? 

Why, Because

Many Many more ghost encounters than nessie & bigfoots, ect

And My Theory on ET's is, if they do come from across the universe

They are going to park it and say "Hi" & not just Buzz the planet then go home

& Yes, I really won't totally belive either unless I see first hand

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Sep 23 2009, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 22 2009, 07:46 PM)

BOO!

Yeah dude, I want to see that picture of you with the ghost! SCAN IT SCAN IT SCAN IT DAMNIT!

It's a shame you guys can't make it to Connecticut any time soon. We could take a tour of The Warren's occult museum with all their haunted stuff like the possessed raggity-anne doll and things from Amityville, etc...

...Lorraine's kinda creepy though. I've seen her walking around town at night and I hear she orders two dishes of food when at restaurants...one for her...one for Ed scared.gif

I'm fans of the Warrens.

I believe Ed wrote "The Demonologist", which I recommend reading late at night, in the house all by yourself.

Hmm......maybe a trip to CT and NY could be in the works for next summer.

QUOTE (GotRush @ Sep 24 2009, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 11:46 PM)

Why, Because

Many Many more ghost encounters than nessie & bigfoots, ect

And My Theory on ET's is, if they do come from across the universe

They are going to park it and say "Hi" & not just Buzz the planet then go home

& Yes, I really won't totally belive either unless I see first hand

just to play devil's advocate...

more encounters doesn't necessarily mean that it's more likely to happen. pick a once-thought dead species that was discovered to NOT be dead. very very few folks had had encounters with those critters but they were still around. know what i mean?

i reckon there are more ghost encounters because the idea of life beyond what we understand as death is more interesting (to most) than E.T. kickin' it with us.

and for more argument...aliens doing more than flying around is a human understanding [that's all we have to go by i know] of what other life forms would do. but there's no reason to believe that aliens would do what we would...that is: take a look, take a closer look, try to communicate, examine microscopically, dissect the thang, overpower it, make it wear a suit and pay taxes, etc.

E.T. had it right: eat candy and get the f**k out while you can! wink.gif

trink39.gif

Have you not noticed the broad number of paranormal investigation TV shows, all of which incapable of presenting anything but people screaming at a bump caused by an old house settling?

I'm not saying it's stupid to believe in ghosts, I'm just saying, be reasonable about what you're feeling. Would you blame ghosts if you weren't thinking "ghosts" at the time? If it TRULY can't be something other than ghosts, then by all means, believe in ghosts.

I think the media is pushing ghosts on us so we can make them rich by trying to solve the interesting 'mystery.'

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Oct 3 2009, 02:57 AM)
Have you not noticed the broad number of paranormal investigation TV shows, all of which incapable of presenting anything but people screaming at a bump caused by an old house settling?

I'm not saying it's stupid to believe in ghosts, I'm just saying, be reasonable about what you're feeling. Would you blame ghosts if you weren't thinking "ghosts" at the time? If it TRULY can't be something other than ghosts, then by all means, believe in ghosts.

I think the media is pushing ghosts on us so we can make them rich by trying to solve the interesting 'mystery.'

Yeah I agree with you man. I've watched a lot of those ridiculous shows and it's all the same crap. Like the camera guy throws a rock across the room and everyone's like " ohmy.gif HOLY SHIT WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!"

Ugh

Although, to people who have actually witnessed creepy stuff it is different.

The school I work for is haunted. We've had many strange happenings.

My favorite is that my classroom door flies open for no reason. No one is there, no kids in the hall, and there it goes, again.

A few years ago on Halloween, one of kids saw someone wave to her from the third floor window.

We don't have a third floor, but there is a window near the top of the building(it used to be a church). bolt.gif

Time to bump this thread...

I just had a strange experience today in the shower.

I came home from work and jumped in the shower, knowing that the cat likes to follow me everywhere I didn't want her in the bathroom so I closed the door and I made sure it was completely closed. So I was in the shower, washing my hair and I leant my head back into the rushing water and closed my eyes... I heard a creaking sound as the door slowly creaked open. First I thought it was the kitty but then I was like.. "Wait how could she have turned the knob?" And then I looked over and saw a shadow near the door kinda creeping along the wall directly across from the shower. I then heard a man's voice... I don't recall what was being said and I started getting scared because I thought an intruder came in even though I KNOW I locked the door when I got home. So I rinsed off and got out, reaching for my towel. I tip toed out into the hall, the cat was nowhere to be found and usually she waits by the door in the hall for me to be done my shower and continues to follow me around the house. But she wasn't there. Nobody was... it freaked me out. I wonder if Im being haunted... this isn't the first time something like this has happened around me. First time that I've been living here tho.

unsure.gif

Archived