Ghost stories

barney_rebel

As requested from the chat room, here is a post I've posted in many places.

In our old apartment where we lived at about 5 years ago, we witnessed some strange things.

Our cat (Adobe) used to act weird. She would often jump in the air to catch flying things that weren't there. One night she was wide eyed on the bed and she was staring into space and she moved her head as if she was watching something in motion. We tried to get her attention and blocked her from what she was trying to observe, but she looked right past us. She was in that state for a good 10 minutes, with those wide eyes. We've had our cat for 7 years now and she has never acted like that she since we moved from the apartment.

One morning we couldn't find her. We found her locked in the linen closet, but we couldn't recall opening that closet the previous night. We distinctly remember seeing her that night too before bed (she usually hops on the bed before we sleep and still does).

One night by the linen closet, my wife and I were walking towards the bedroom. The light flicked on. It was one of the old style switches that require a bit of effort to switch. Adobe didn't look at the light on the ceiling, but she stared at the switch. We all stared at the switch.

One day, a wine glass just shattered on our kitchen counter. We were at the kitchen table eating when it happened.

One night the people next door had a very loud party and kept us up all night. The only problem with that is that no one lived beside us. I even peered across the balcony to the other side and the apartment looked empty.

The website below has one entry for my neighbourhood, but not specifically to my old apartment.

http://www.torontoghosts.org

Let's hear your story. BTW, we're glad as hell to get the hell out of there.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I do Civil War Re-enacting and me and a few buddies make a trip to Gettysburg two or three times a year. One time we were in the Triangle Field (area near the wheat field, on the southern end of the battlefield) at night. My friend Nick was taking pictures and he captured one that looked like a glowing sphere. He took a few more pictures of that exact spot and each time, the sphere kept getting closer and closer. After about the 5th picture you just see him get lunged backwards. After he caught his breath again, we picked him up and ran the lleh out of there. He took off his shirt a little later and had a bruise looked like a rifle imprinted on his chest.

There was another incident at Devils Den where we were dressed up in our uniforms (Confederate) and there was a group of people doing a seance that night. We basicly hid in between the boulders and started yelling out like we were in a battle. Needless to say, the people high-taled it out of there pretty quickly...

This isn't exactly a Ghost story but it may be I guess. It's just something that happened that I never could explain.

When I was around 10 yrs old I stayed over at my cousins house one night. They always said there was a Ghost in the house because the lady that lived there before them died in the house. As a kid I was a little scared but didn't really believe in ghosts or anything like that. Anyway, all the adults went to sleep and me and my cousin was still awake in his room. I had to go to the bathroom and after I was finished taking a wizz I saw a lightweight plastic ball that was a little bigger in diameter than a softball, you all know the type of ball I am talking about, they weigh hardly nothing and you can't really throw them that far because they are so light.

It was a really old house, probably build in the early 1900's and it was huge, it was a two story and I was in upstares. There was a laundry shoot in the bathroom that led straight down to the bathroom by the washing machine. I got the idea of opening the wooden laundry shoot door and dropping the ball down into the basement. I have no idea why, I guess I was just being a kid.

Then I walked out of the bathroom and started walking back to the room, for some reason I can't explain, I stopped in my tracks and turned around and walked back into the bathroom. Although I didn't see the ball come back up through the shoot, when I walked in the room the ball was in the bathroom and it was wobbling back and forth like it just dropped on the floor and wasn't finished rolling yet.

I then brought the ball back in the room and told my cousin about it, we were both scared and didn't sleep all night. The next day I was so curious that I tried to figure out a logical way this could happen. I went into the basement and looked everywhere to see if there might have been two balls that looked the same and possibly I kicked the 2nd ball as I was walking out of the bathroom. I didn't find another ball, my cousin said they only had one ball, so that was out. I couldn't think of any other logical reason this could happen. They I did an experiment in the basement by throwing the ball up and seeing if I could possibly throw it hard enough to go up to the upstares and open the wooded laundry shoot door. No way in hell, not even Nolan Ryan could have thrown that light ball hard enough to open that heavy wooded door and go into the bathroom.

To this day I have no idea what happened that night, and equally as strange is the reason I even turned around and walked back into the bathroom. What made me do that? I have no idea.

Other than seeing myself this is the only real weird thing that happened in my life that I have no clue what the hell it was. Everything else in my 36 years I can explain.

I want to tell everyone else what happened to me when I saw myself from the ceiling as I was dreaming, I heard of this happening before but I want to explain exactly what happened in another post and see what everyone thinks. It's way freaky in many ways and I want to see everyones comments about it.

Indica

I think there is a ghost in our house.

Sometimes I catch what looks like a boys face near the top of the stairs. The first two times I freaked and whipped my head around to see what this person was doing in my house. Nada. Check everywhere and nothing.

This happens about twice a year randomly. There is no way for it to be a reflection.

Ever since then, if I spot it or sometimes feel like someone is there, I only move my eyes to see it and don't move at all.

Then there are noises like someone walking in the house and I know I'm the only one there.

I swear this is true and it freaks me enough that when it happens, I cant sleep.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 11 2004, 06:08 AM)
Alrighty then, not a good thread to read, when you are up at two am, unable to sleep, and the wind is whipping out side ... unsure.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

the only ghost like experience i've had was when i first moved into this house a little over three years ago.... and it's not even a ghost really, more like a "visit"....

i was unpacking some boxes....and putting things away in my room....it was summer time...(august) and the windows were open...the kids were in my office on the computer...i'm down the hall in my room...and i hear someone say "hello"..... it was sooo clear.... so i walk into the office area...ask the kids who's here...and they look at me like i'm some kind of fruit loop..... the dog isn't barking (which she always does when someone comes around...) and i'm walking all over the place looking for the person who said hello... i find no one around...... so i can only surmize that it was a visit from my dad (he passed away four years ago)...and he was just letting me know he's watchin over us...and checkin' in......

I must admit that I've been thinkingof starting a thread like this for a while but never got around to it. For some reason, I seem to have had a large number of paranormal encounters over the years, maybe its due to England having morereported ghosts per square mile than other other part of the world. I have actually lived in three places that were haunted and worked in one other so I trust you'll excuse me for splitting my experiences as it would make for a very long post if I recounted them all together.

My first experience occurred when I was about 15. At the time, I was helping a friend of mine who was a mobile DJ and we regularly did stints at a night club called The Pavillion in Matlock, Derbyshire. Right from the outset, we all noticed that there was something eerie about the place, mainly located in the wings, stage left and the dressing rooms below the stage. The wings area was particularly unpleasant - upon entering the area you could physicaly feel unfriendly eyes upon you and, as you progressed further into the area, it felt as there was something physically pushing against your chest.

The main ocurrance happened at the end of a months stint there. IWe had broken all the gear down and were taking it out to the car park. I was alone in the room, taking something off the stage, when I heard someone whisper something indistinctly in my ear. I spun around to find I was alone in the place and there was no way in which anyone could have gotten out of the place withouth my seeing them. I managed to get down to the car park, about six flights of stairs, in about 30 - 45 seconds flat so there was no way it could have been one of my friends playing a trick on me.

The next experience I had was when I was about 19 and I had gone to stay with my sister for the weekend in Letchworth, Hertfordshire. At the time, she had just broken up with the guy she was living with but, at that time, had not been able to move out.

We had all been down the pub and a group of about six of us had settled to sleep on the living room floor. The way we were all arranged was such that there was barely room to move between the sleeping bodies without treading on them. In addition, the room had wooden shutters on the windows which prevented any light from entering and it was, literally, pitch black.

It was then that the flat's resident poltergeist came out to play.

At various times during the evening it smashed glasses, even though all glasses had been placed in the kitchen and, when morning came, we could find no broken glass on the floor. It also poured beer into my sister's acoustic guitar and played her bass despite the fact that both intsruments were right next to my head and no-one could have got to them without standing on my head. Finally, that night, a soft foam chair was overturned onto someone sleeping a few feet away. Once again, it would have been nigh impossible for someone to do this without treading on someone in the darkness.

The final event ocurred in the morning while we were preparing to leave. A hairbrush flew across the room and nearly hit my sister's ex. The brush had been lying on a table behind me and there was no-one in that part of the room - verone was in plain sight of me and there was no other way into the room.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I'll tell you more later.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 11 2004, 05:09 PM)
Excellent story, Slaine.

I watch that BBC show "Most Haunted" every Friday. I have to sleep with the light on after that...........

Anyone have an out of body experience?

They've just had a couple of places near to where me recently - Pleasley Mills and Annesley Hall.

Don't forget its the next live one tomorrow night.

And AGP - I've got a few more ghost stories to come firedevil.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 11 2004, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 11 2004, 05:09 PM)
Excellent story, Slaine.

I watch that BBC show "Most Haunted" every Friday. I have to sleep with the light on after that...........

Anyone have an out of body experience?

They've just had a couple of places near to where me recently - Pleasley Mills and Annesley Hall.

Don't forget its the next live one tomorrow night.

And AGP - I've got a few more ghost stories to come firedevil.gif

I thought that Derek was a fake, what with the possessions and all. But I watched another program, a special antiques roadshow, and he was dead on when there was no way he could have known things.

Spooky!!

I only get Most Haunted on the womens network-not direct from BBC-I'll have to wait for the live one. fists crying.gif

I've always wanted to go to the UK and now more than ever.

I remember back in my senior year when a coworker and I were headed to the Rocky Mount Fair. We had been smoking pot and for kicks she took us to the graveyard at Battle Park, which is heavily wooded.

I don't know if she was pulling my leg but she began telling me about some ghost of someone who was beheaded in the Civil War and that he would be seen looking for his head.

The wind was light that night but it kept stirring the dried leaves on the ground. She said she saw the ghost coming toward us and we both dashed quickly to the car. It did sound like footsteps were coming closer to us and I remember feeling something on my back. I ran fast! I just kept hearing the leaves on the ground and it made feel all the more spooked.

Everytime I listen to "Prelude to Joanie" by Aerosmith, I think of that night.

As promised, here's the next few of my ghostly encounters.

In 1995, I moved in a flat in Norton, Stoke-on-Trent. It was a two bedroom flat on the first floor probably built in the 1950/1960s. The flat was accesible through two doors at street level with a stairway leading upwards and round a corner where there was a hallway along to the kitchen. As you walked along the hallway, you had my bedroom to the left and the spare bedroom to the right followed by the living room to the left and the bathroom to the right. Each pair of doors were directly opposite to each other, therefore, when you were stood in, say, my bedroom you could see directly in to the spare room. Likewise, when in the bathroom, you could see into the living room. The bathroom sink was in direct line with the door with a mirror above it meaning that, while washing your hands at the sink, you could see into the living room without turning round.

There was quite often an unpleasant atmosphere on the hallway which, due to my living alone, quite often would freak me out, a sensation of being watched. On occasions, this would stretch to the main bedroom - as if someone would poke their head around the door and stare at you.

In the spare room was my computer, one of those big, bulky Amstrads. At the time, I kept it on an old garden table, one of those round ones with a central plinth, a top section that would lift off and a hole down the centre for an umbrella.

Anyway, about eight months after I had moved in, I was sat watching TV with my girlfriend of the time when we heard an enormous crash one one. We rushed in the spare room to find that the top section of the table had come off sending the computer crashing to the floor. The central plinth had not moved an inch.

Now, I know some people will say that the weight of the computer had upset the table but that is impossible. While setting up the table I had firmly clipped the top onto the base, the top section of which was only fractionally smaller than the actual top and could be attatched very firmly. Furthermore, I had positioned the computer as close to dead centre of the table as I could, using the umbrella hole as a guide there its weight was evenly distributed.

For the weight of the computer to have upset the table, the entire thing would had to have tipped over and, as I have said, the central plinth had not moved at all. I'm not saying that it was a ghost or poltergeist that tipped it over but I can't explain it.

More later.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 12 2004, 02:49 AM)

Anyway, about eight months after I had moved in, I was sat watching TV with my girlfriend of the time when we heard an enormous crash one one. We rushed ......

More later.

Another one one spotting!!

QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 12 2004, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 12 2004, 02:49 AM)

Anyway, about eight months after I had moved in, I was sat watching TV with my girlfriend of the time when we heard an enormous crash one one.  We rushed ......

More later.

Another one one spotting!!

I am definitely losing my mind. fing.gif

I AM a ghost.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/ghost.jpg

BOO!

Time now for my next ghostly encounters (I warned you I'd had quite a few).

By 1989 I had moved back to Mansfield and met Jess, who later became my wife. Deciding to move in together, we rented a house in Mansfield Woodhouse which was an old terraced house with three floors - ground had two living rooms and a kitchen, first had two bedrooms and a bathroom while the attic had been converted into another bedroom. Immediately, we decided to use the larger of the the two first floor rooms as our bedroom and the top room as a place to keep the computer, record collection, books, etc.

I first noticed something was quite right with the house before we'd even moved in. One night, while Jess was at work, I took a load of stuff from my flat to the house and decided to move all the boxes of books up to the attic room. While on the ground floor I was fine, likewise on the top floor. However, there was decidely unpleasant feeling on the first floor hallway and, chicken that I am, I spent a lot of time sat on the top floor listening to Different Stages in the attic with my back to the wall. ph34r.gif

Anyway, after we had moved in, things seemed to quieten down although the middle floor landing remained an unpleasant place to linger. In fact Jess, who is a lot more sensitive to such things than I, would, when I was working the late shift, immediately bolt up to the attic and close the door behind her until I got home.

My main experience occured in 1990, just before we found out she was prenent with James, out first child (this links into another experience I'll tell you about later). We had both gone to bed and slept very well. However, I was awakened at about three in the morning to find a dark woman in a white dress, like a wedding dress, leaning over me. In the time it took me to wake up fully, she was gone.

I know most people would say it was a dream, but I counter that with two main arguments:-

1) I rarely remember my dreams upon waking up - perhaps one or two a year and have usually forgotten them by the end of the week. This has stayed fresh in my memory for over four years. The fact I remember it so clearly is snother pointer - my memory is not always that great. I can forget what I had for breakfast by lunchtime.

2) The vividness of the dream. The few of my dreams that I can remember are, on the whole, hazy and indistinct. This one remains as vivid as the day I witnessed it so I am convinced that what I saw was there, not in my imagination.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 14 2004, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Dec 14 2004, 03:18 PM)
He sees dead people

I certainly used to see brain dead people every day when I worked at McDonalds biggrin.gif

Slaine!!! rofl3.gif

Archived