Ghost stories

barney_rebel

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 5 2007, 02:05 AM)
Surprise, surprise - I move into a new flat and, guess what? - It seems to be haunted common001.gif common001.gif .

Well, to be more accurate, I appear to have a poltergeist. At first, it was simply a case of not being able to find things which I put down to the mechainics of moving. However, some of the objects I mislaid (My R30 DVD being the most noticable) appeared in places that even a bat whithout his seeing eye dog could have spotted them. Still, there has been some chaos in the place so the jury is still out on this.

However, and not so easily explained, is what happened a few weeks ago. When I brought some my guitar combo from my Dad's house, I placed it in the bedroom next to the wardrobe. On top of this I place a bag which, amongst other things, contained a pencil tin. Now, since moving in, I have not touched the bag as there hasn't been anything in it I've needed. Any, I was in the bathroom one night (which is across the hall from the bedroom) when I heard a loud clatter in the hallway. Exiting, I found this pencil tine lying in the doorway of the bedroom. another point I should make is that the bag is in such a position that the open neck of it is actually pointing towards the centre of the room and not the doorway. Plus, when I looked at the bag, the opening was actually pointing at an upward angle and all the contnets were securly in the bottom (its not that full).

The most recent episode happened last Tuesday when I decided to have a bath. I keep my bathrobe on a coathanger which is hung on the side of the wardrobe. After getting undressed while the bath was filling, I put on the robe and placed the empty hanger in its usual position. When I went to bed a few hours later, the hanger was not there. I found it the next morning on top of a box in the middle of the bedroom underneath the bedding I use when James and Mary stop the night. Now, I had not touched the bedding since I put it there on Sunday morning and the only reason I looked there was I was after a magazine (SFX for all of you with dirty minds) which I wanted to check something in.

Personally, I can offer no rational explanation of how the hanger got there. On the night in question, I was alone in the flat.

Finally, another series of events where the jury is still out. Just lately, I have been waking up most nights freezing cold because my quilt is either bundled to the side of the bed or has fallen to the floor. Nothing remarkable, I hear you except for the fact that it happens at, roughly, the same time every morning (between 5am and 5:15). Like I say, the juries out on this and it could be a coincedence so its one I'm hoping to put to the test by borrowing my Dad's video camera and setting it running overnight. If it shows me throwing the covers off myself, all well and good but, in a way, I'm hoping it shows something else (we really need some sort of ghost smiley).

I'll keep you informed.

Some might say that a poltergeist is actually the doing of the resident. I've read that it's often during a time of turmoil and that the person (obviously) doesn't want to move these items (telekinetically). I'm skeptical about it all but that's just what I've read. Just thought you should know if you didn't already.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 4 2007, 01:05 PM)
...(we really need some sort of ghost smiley)....

How 'bout...http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/halloween/sheetghost.gif or... http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/halloween/ghostscary.gif...

Nope...here's the perfect one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Count-Floyd.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 4 2007, 11:41 PM)
Some might say that a poltergeist is actually the doing of the resident. I've read that it's often during a time of turmoil and that the person (obviously) doesn't want to move these items (telekinetically). I'm skeptical about it all but that's just what I've read. Just thought you should know if you didn't already.

I'm fully aware of the emotional turmoil facet of poltergeist activity and, having got divorced this year, its pretty obvious that I'm likely to be the focus of the energy.

The strange thing is that nothing ever happens when James and Mary (my children) are stopping. Maybe the fact that I'm so happy to be spending time with them the energy is diverted.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 4 2007, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 4 2007, 01:05 PM)
...(we really need some sort of ghost smiley)....

How 'bout...http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/halloween/sheetghost.gif or... http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/halloween/ghostscary.gif...

Nope...here's the perfect one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Count-Floyd.gif

or this ghost http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/1.gif

I've got a bunch, actually, but I'll start with the most recent (sorry, this is a bit long).

Some background: We've actually had a ghost in our house since forever (my parents are the original owners of the house), but he's very benign and is just kind of 'there'. We believe he's around b/c our neighborhood sits on what used to be an old Hawaiian fishing trail.

Ancient Hawaiian land ownership differs from European/American "style". Chiefs were responsible for (rather than owned) tracks of land which stretched from the mountains down to the ocean; the commoners worked those tracks w/ farmers up in the mountains and the fisherman, obviously in the water. This ensured that the community would have access to food at all times (since fish and plantings were generally seasonal).

Fast-forward to modern times, and our subdivision (it's a Rush board, I had to put that in!) was built on traditional paths people took to get up and down these land tracks.

Recently, my parents re-modelled the house, which, while it turned out ok, was a living hell of incompetent workers and a complete idiot of a project manager. So, as is modern Hawaiian tradition, to get all the negativity out of the house, we decided to have the house blessed, Hawaiian-style.

My cousin does this on a regular basis (his father was a reverend) and is an expert in Hawaiian customs, etc. Very sweet man. So he came by the house and performed the ceremony. I don't know much - if anything - about what he's "doing", but part of it is to "open up the door" to allow positive energy. To do this, he uses maile - which is a fragrant vine - to bless the house. Afterwards, we drape it over the front door and just leave it.

Story: So my cousin finished the ceremony and we started to gather for some coffee and croissants. Suddenly, I "saw"/felt tens and tens - maybe hundreds of people - just show up. I don't know who they were but it was like the Spiritual Memo went out and they came with this kind of "Did someone call? Is there a party going on? Were we supposed to bring something?" curiosity. They weren't threatening, just wondering what the fuss was about.

At the same time, I felt this kind of... unpleasant, mischevious, kinda threatening energy around me. I was a little freaked. But I was thinking maybe it was just me adjusting to the change of energy in the house (I mean, I'm assuming there was supposed to be one...???). So I ignore it.

We have coffee, catch up on family stuff, chew the fat, and all is good.

Until that night.

I turn the light off and snuggle into bed. And that 'energy' was still there. Suddenly, it feels like someone is crawling on my bed, entering from down at my feet and coming up toward the rest of my body. I've been in the presence of our ghost, but this was NOT him. I felt anxious, threatened, like it was looking to do harm. My mind is screaming "TURN THE LIGHT ON AND IT WILL GO AWAY."

Again, I'm not privy to how any of this stuff works, but I'm not gonna argue! I flip that sucker on, despite my instinct to just freeze and curl up in a fetal position cuz I'm FREAKED OUT. As if I know that movement on my part will somehow encourage whatever is goin' on.

As soon as the light turned on, I felt it crawling back down the bed the way it came. I'm like Frickin Hell! THAT I didn't need. Cuz it just affirmed that there WAS something in my room and not my imagination!

As long as the light was on, I was ok. I was afraid to leave the room, actually, cuz I didn't want it following me. And instinctively, I "knew" that I needed to take the maile off the door and leave it down for the day. When I came home from work, I could put it back up. So I did, and have never felt his presence again.

I think what happened was that he was a sinister little sh** and slipped through when all those people showed up after the blessing. His was not an energy I'd ever felt before and knew he was not connected to the group who showed up - he was simply an oppurtunist. But the maile trapped him in the house. By taking it down, he could leave, and then keep him out when it was back up.

anyhoo, that's one story from our house. still kinda freaks me out... *shudder*

Well, well, the tricks keep coming...

The other night, I decided to rearrange my furniture and, upon moving some papersat the side of my seat, I found two craft knives - blades in - neatly stacked on top of each other

There is no qway they could have fallen there by themselves

Anyone watch that show GhostHunters on Sci Fi network?

Man they have some freaky stuff on there they catch on video and evp.

I've had several uneasy experiences on Civil War battlefield sites.

One that i remember was at Fredericksburg,Virginia battles fought in December 1862 and again May 1863. On the East bank of the Rappahannock river over looking the town is Chatham manor(during the civil war known as the Lacy House) This house was used as a Federal headquarters and hospital. When me and my buddy visited it on a humid July afternoon Temp in the high 80's, House was kept restored in original state at the time of our visit with just a couple of table top fans in main room. Two identical wings of the house walking in right wing looking at displays unbearably hot and stuffy. Going over to left wing It was COLD reading displays here realized this was were they done surgery and amputations.

A photograph on wall showed a pile of severed arms and legs by a table taken in this exact room. We asked old lady behind information desk if they had the air on in left wing. She looked at us funny and said" what air?" Theres no air conditioning in this house" unsure.gif

Manassas battlefield ,(Bullrun) Virginia

Secound battle of Manassas fought August of 1862

Part of battlefield called the Deep cut along a unfinished rail road theres a walking trail beside a wooded area just on the other side of it is a busy road with heavy traffic and tourist buses along the edge. Lots of noise , tourist, traffic, and birds early May morning. Once we entered the wooded area a very short distant from road, could not hear any noise no birds ,nothing.. It was like a vaccum of silence once we walked the small length out of woods all the sounds returned. Hand to hand combat took place along this section of battlefield, very weird.

Last experience was at Gettysburg, Cold and Rain light fog in early September Me and my wife went to the seldom visited detached Cavalry battlefield east of town, Creepy we were the only ones there, felt like we were being watched didn't stay long. Once we got home watched a show on History channel about ghost of Gettysburg, Same section of battlefield where i was standing park ranger had tape recorder (evp recordings) Said he decided to ask stupid question "Do you know Robert E Lee?" To his suprise and shock on play back he heard a faint voice say "Yes" unsure.gif bolt.gif

I actually had a dream about a nasty ghost last night. He was harrasing someone at a house, and it pissed me off, so I started yelling and hollering at the little 'portal' that he would come out of, and I was throwing bricks at him, calling him every name in the book. I was livid. Then, he went away, and started manifesting in animasl to attack me, and was even calling on my cell. ph34r.gif I remember the sound of his voice, I am still a bit shaken... What a creepy dream...

I was always a see to believe kind of guy, and two weeks ago I became a believer. In Philly, I was visiting my brother overnight at an old convent, which is now home to 5 Christain Brothers in the Catholic Church. He just moved in there to begin the process of becoming a Christain Brother. That Sunday morning before I left, we were both up at 6am and having breakfast in the community kitchen when I saw something out of the ordinary walk down the hallway. Everyone else was still sleeping, and it didn't look like anyone else there. I didn't think about it being a ghost until I asked my brother if he knew any history of the place. Then, after I asked about 'any ghosts', he mention that a couple weeks prior, one of the other Brothers family was visiting and they saw a nun in the basement/tv room area. And what they described is exactly what I saw! It wasn't a bad vibe though, it was almost like the ghost wanted me to know 'I am here'.

Also, I live in an old farm house, that a 100+ years ago, used to be a school house. You can still see the childrens writting on the wall in the attic. Nothing happens regularly, but every time I move alot furnature, light bulbs, and appliances break. What ever 'it' is, it doesn't like things changing to much.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 24 2007, 09:45 AM)

I do too..but I don't want to actually SEE anything or anyone ghostly tongue.gif

No?

I'd consider my self very lucky to have witnessed something supernatural or otherworldly. As long as I wasn't harmed......or probed.

Hasn't happend yet though.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 24 2007, 01:27 PM)
I've never seen a ghost..and I don't think I want to unsure.gif no.gif

There's no real need to be worried. I've lived in several places that were haunted and, on the whole, there was little to cause any fear. And, even when the manifestations did arouse fear, I always kept, in the back of my mind, the thought that there was no way they could hurt me.

My friend paid me another visit the other night. I had just turned out the light and turned over when I didtinctly felt the weight of someone sitting on the edge of my bed. In addition, there was a noticable presence in the room - not threatening or unnerving in any way, just there

And a year on I have another visit.

On Monday nights I usually watch Sanctuary and so turned on my Freeview box. Normally, when I do this, it automatically overrides whatever terrestrial channel I'm watching however, on this occasion, nothing happened. Upon checking the connections at the back of my TV, I noticed that every scart lead had been removed from their respective sockets and moved away from their postion making it clear that they had just worked loose - they had clearly been unplugged. My children were staying with me at the time but, due to the size of my TV, they are both too small to have reached the scart leads and I know that I didn't dp it so I think I can chalk up another visit.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 29 2008, 10:20 AM)
And a year on I have another visit.

On Monday nights I usually watch Sanctuary and so turned on my Freeview box. Normally, when I do this, it automatically overrides whatever terrestrial channel I'm watching however, on this occasion, nothing happened. Upon checking the connections at the back of my TV, I noticed that every scart lead had been removed from their respective sockets and moved away from their postion making it clear that they had just worked loose - they had clearly been unplugged. My children were staying with me at the time but, due to the size of my TV, they are both too small to have reached the scart leads and I know that I didn't dp it so I think I can chalk up another visit.

Welcome back Slaine!

Creepy story too!

th1245.gif

I'm not really one for this stuff, but...

When I was in school, my frats house was an old, old house dating back to the civil war, and was used as a make-shift hospital for the confederacy.

One of the brothers was telling me it was haunted, and they had named the ghost George.

One day, we were all sitting around & one cat was playing the drum kit off the meeting room. One of the brothers (Dalton) asked, "George, are we pissing you off?"

The phone rang one time...creepy. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (MrHands @ Oct 29 2008, 03:33 PM)
I'm not really one for this stuff, but...

When I was in school, my frats house was an old, old house dating back to the civil war, and was used as a make-shift hospital for the confederacy.

One of the brothers was telling me it was haunted, and they had named the ghost George.

One day, we were all sitting around & one cat was playing the drum kit off the meeting room. One of the brothers (Dalton) asked, "George, are we pissing you off?"

The phone rang one time...creepy. ohmy.gif

*cues creepy music*

Yiles, what did you do?

Archived