Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

Les Claypool fearless frog brigade. Playing animals in its entirety.

But, I am going for the opener.

Adrian belew and Jerry Harrison recreating the talking heads remain in light tour.

There are several videos of that tour on youtube. To me it's easily the high point of the talking heads live. 

• Like 3

Just got back from seeing DISTURBED!   :ohmy:  :laugh:

A surprise from my friends in Minneapolis, whom I’m visiting this weekend.  It was a good show.  I’m not a big fan of that type of metal, but they performed their hit songs very well.  It was a real test of my ability to do 4 hours of heavy metal in concert after so many years.  :biggrin:

Opening acts:

Dorothy - Impressive vocals by singer Dorothy Martin.  Good guitarist.  
Beartooth - Quite forgettable.  Nothing but rage, screaming and F-bombs.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Styx last night. Usual front row. Great as always.  Then seeing them tomorrow and Thursday!

• Like 5

On 5/7/2023 at 1:12 AM, Principled Man said:

Just got back from seeing DISTURBED!   :ohmy:  :laugh:

A surprise from my friends in Minneapolis, whom I’m visiting this weekend.  It was a good show.  I’m not a big fan of that type of metal, but they performed their hit songs very well.  It was a real test of my ability to do 4 hours of heavy metal in concert after so many years.  :biggrin:

Opening acts:

Dorothy - Impressive vocals by singer Dorothy Martin.  Good guitarist.  
Beartooth - Quite forgettable.  Nothing but rage, screaming and F-bombs.  

I was quite curious about it. My gf wants to see them and I figured I'd surprise her with tickets on her birthday.

40 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I was quite curious about it. My gf wants to see them and I figured I'd surprise her with tickets on her birthday.

They played 17 or 18 songs.  Good light show. No pyrotechniques.  A few monologues from Draiman about depression and addiction in between songs. 

I used earplugs for the first time ever.  LOL!  

Only two right now, but I'm looking at few others.

5/18: Attack Attack!, Belmont, Traitors, and Savage Hands - Empire Live, Albany, NY

6/16: Millington, Keep Flying, and What Makes Sense - Empire Underground, Albany, NY

Empire Live and Empire Underground are right by each other. Empire Live holds around 1000 people, and Empire Underground holds around 400. Underground is right below Live, and its doors are in an alley, just around the corner and down a short slope from Live's doors.

I'm not entirely certain of the venue for the Attack Attack! show. About half the sources I've seen (including the shared website for the venues, and the tour poster) have said it's at Empire Live, whereas the other half (including the sign outside the venue, and Ticketmaster) have said it's at Underground. They're right by each other, so it's not a huge issue, but it is kinda confusing.

Attack Attack plays metalcore mixed with electronic elements. Belmont is a heavy and technical pop punk with elements of hip hop, metal, and even jazz. They also put out a country-influenced track on their last album. Traitors is straight-up hardcore punk. Savage Hands is a more melodic metal band.

Anyway, I've always liked Attack Attack, but I'm beyond excited tosee Belmont. They're in my top ten favorite bands, and I own all of their available albums on vinyl. I'm thinking about bringing my records in a canvas bag, and trying to get them signed. Of course, that means I'll have to stay out of the pit.

Millington is a ska punk band from Albany. I've been a big fan since 2019, and this will be my first time seeing them. Keep Flying plays pop punk with horns, but they're not really ska. I still have to check out What Makes Sense. 

I don't have anything planned but I woud like to see Peter Gabriel. If I go it will probably be a last minute decision. 

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

I've really tried to slow the number of shows I go to this year, but three others just got teed up.

Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin in Syracuse, NY

Marshall Tucker Band near Jamestown, NY

Red Fang/Dinosaur Jr/Clutch in Toronto, ON

• Like 1

Nothing anytime soon.  Closest I'm getting to live music is to jam with one of my co-workers in his garage in about a week and a half.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 7:11 PM, Super25Smasher said:

Only two right now, but I'm looking at few others.

5/18: Attack Attack!, Belmont, Traitors, and Savage Hands - Empire Live, Albany, NY

6/16: Millington, Keep Flying, and What Makes Sense - Empire Underground, Albany, NY

Empire Live and Empire Underground are right by each other. Empire Live holds around 1000 people, and Empire Underground holds around 400. Underground is right below Live, and its doors are in an alley, just around the corner and down a short slope from Live's doors.

I'm not entirely certain of the venue for the Attack Attack! show. About half the sources I've seen (including the shared website for the venues, and the tour poster) have said it's at Empire Live, whereas the other half (including the sign outside the venue, and Ticketmaster) have said it's at Underground. They're right by each other, so it's not a huge issue, but it is kinda confusing.

Attack Attack plays metalcore mixed with electronic elements. Belmont is a heavy and technical pop punk with elements of hip hop, metal, and even jazz. They also put out a country-influenced track on their last album. Traitors is straight-up hardcore punk. Savage Hands is a more melodic metal band.

Anyway, I've always liked Attack Attack, but I'm beyond excited tosee Belmont. They're in my top ten favorite bands, and I own all of their available albums on vinyl. I'm thinking about bringing my records in a canvas bag, and trying to get them signed. Of course, that means I'll have to stay out of the pit.

Millington is a ska punk band from Albany. I've been a big fan since 2019, and this will be my first time seeing them. Keep Flying plays pop punk with horns, but they're not really ska. I still have to check out What Makes Sense. 

The Attack Attack show was incredible. Besides the Millington show, I have two other shows coming up.

The Offspring, Sum 41, and Simple Plan at Darien Lake

Ben Folds (solo) at Troy Savings Bank Music Hall in Troy, NY

On 4/10/2023 at 11:54 AM, tangy said:

Les Claypool fearless frog brigade. Playing animals in its entirety.

But, I am going for the opener.

Adrian belew and Jerry Harrison recreating the talking heads remain in light tour.

There are several videos of that tour on youtube. To me it's easily the high point of the talking heads live. 

Les Claypool's band was really really good. Even down a member, you're definitely in for a treat. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, Union 5-3992 said:

Les Claypool's band was really really good. Even down a member, you're definitely in for a treat. 

I am stoked. Sean Lennon and I just read that Roger waters son, Harry waters is singing and playing keys. Strangely enough I saw Harry play with ozric tentacles on keys back in the day.

26 minutes ago, tangy said:

I am stoked. Sean Lennon and I just read that Roger waters son, Harry waters is singing and playing keys. Strangely enough I saw Harry play with ozric tentacles on keys back in the day.

I had no idea that was Roger's son. Les did a lot of Roger's vocal parts, but Harry sounded great when he had the lead.

It's also quite a trip to see John Lennon's son absolutely nail David Gilmour's guitar playing. He knocked it out of the park.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I had no idea that was Roger's son. Les did a lot of Roger's vocal parts, but Harry sounded great when he had the lead.

It's also quite a trip to see John Lennon's son absolutely nail David Gilmour's guitar playing. He knocked it out of the park.

Check out the Claypool Lennon delirium if you haven't yet. That was my last live show, pre covid and it was great. 

2 minutes ago, tangy said:

Check out the Claypool Lennon delirium if you haven't yet. That was my last live show, pre covid and it was great. 

I actually skipped their show in 2019. I wish I went but I was broke at the time. I'm glad to have seen this oddball version of it instead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Les said he's making a new Claypool Lennon album atm so another tour is likely in the next year or so. It'd be cool to see Primus/Frog Brigade/Claypool Lennon in a three year span.

For sure. This will be the 4th Claypool band for me. I have already seen Primus, sausage, CLD .

Les stays busy for sure. I read an interview where he said he is recording with Billy strings! That should be sick when and if it's released. 

My big Claypool regret was not catching the colonel Claypools bucket of Bernie brains. It was before I realized how incredible buckethead is. Big mistake. Buckethead and Bernie worrell!

Les may play with buckethead again but Bernie Worrell is now dead. I did see Bernie once with his band the wo warriors. 

5 minutes ago, tangy said:

For sure. This will be the 4th Claypool band for me. I have already seen Primus, sausage, CLD .

Les stays busy for sure. I read an interview where he said he is recording with Billy strings! That should be sick when and if it's released. 

My big Claypool regret was not catching the colonel Claypools bucket of Bernie brains. It was before I realized how incredible buckethead is. Big mistake. Buckethead and Bernie worrell!

Les may play with buckethead again but Bernie Worrell is now dead. I did see Bernie once with his band the wo warriors. 

If Four Foot Shack is anything to go by, the Billy Strings collaboration should be great! So that's two albums in the pipeline.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:19 PM, Leanne said:

Right now next concert is Aerosmith/The Black Crowes in November.

If it were not Aerosmith’s farewell tour and the bill was vice versa (Crowes headlining), I would go to this. But I looked at tickets, like $400 apiece for midway up in a basketball arena. Seats on the floor were twice as much. So that’s a pass, for me.

But let me know how it is, please! I hope you have a great time. :)

• Like 3