2007 - 07/28 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 25 2007, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 25 2007, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (Tammeh @ May 25 2007, 07:01 AM)
Our room at Hooters works out to $73/night.

Maybe they can comp you a set of tickets to see Bobby Slayton, who is performing at Hooters. He's very politically incorrect, but he can be very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1_ePK2DcI

He's hysterical, many of you know who he is even if you dont know his name. Rated R folks...

Are you going to the Vegas show, Lerxt1990?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 25 2007, 01:42 PM)
The latest....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/PrimeMoverandShaker/Vegas_Peep_Seating.jpg

Prime Mover & Shaker...

Throw me up on that map right next to Ghost Girl. L17 Row L.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 25 2007, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 25 2007, 12:24 PM)

Maybe they can comp you a set of tickets to see Bobby Slayton, who is performing at Hooters. He's very politically incorrect, but he can be very funny.

He's hysterical, many of you know who he is even if you dont know his name. Rated R folks...

Are you going to the Vegas show, Lerxt1990?

sad.gif Sadly, no. And even more sadly, Ive never been to Vegas. My brother in law (Manadaly Bay is his home joint), who goes out 3-4 times a years claims he will have his 40th Birthday bash in Vegas, that may be my first time to go. Family, work, teaching, ... blah blah blah (fill in additional excuses here), just cant make it happen.

If I had freedom to do whatever I want, Id go to my "home" show in Camden NJ (Philly show), Scranton, PA, PNC Center, NYC indoor show wherever it happens to be, and Vegas.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 24 2007, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 24 2007, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ May 24 2007, 05:20 PM)
Seems TX will be well represented.  I'll be there with a bud (friend) who's from Dallas also. He's at the Imperial Palace with the Asians, and I'm staying at the Excalibur, which must be cheesy cause it was kinda cheap, but it's right across from the MGM so what the hell.  I may have  'knights in white satin' going through my head for a couple of knights, but no biggie.  cool.gif

laugh.gif I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post about Excalibur being cheap. I lived in Vegas for 11 years, Excalibur is one of the nicest hotels on the strip, actually one of the more expensive ones too. The deal with rooms in Vegas is, they don't want your money for the room, they want it on the tables and in the machines.

They want an moon.gif in every seat behind every machine spending money!!!

Excalibur is nice, but to call it one of the nicest hotels is a bit of a stretch. There are at least ten other resorts that are nicer within one mile.

Having said that, Excalibur is a nice hotel (just not one of the nicest). It's not like staying at hooters or the tropicana (or worse, downtown). Plus, it's a driver and a three iron away from the MGM.

THX for the info guys. I'm sure I can stumble the few hundred yards from MGM to Ex. biggrin.gif

BTW, I intend on being one of the few moon.gif who take a couple bucks back a the blackjack tables, though my friend is trying to talk me into poker. fing.gif

Looking forward to this show makes the shitty days I've been having at work lately a bit more tolerable. wink.gif Cannot wait for this one.

I've been on plenty of road trips to Vegas, but never to purposely go see a show. Or the majesty of a RUSH show, nonetheless!

I've never been to MGM Grand before and am a bit concerned because I got Section D, Row H...which is great because they're on the floor, obviously. But I'm flippin' short. Will I be able to see anything?

QUOTE (Bobbi Beyonder @ May 25 2007, 09:23 PM)
Looking forward to this show makes the shitty days I've been having at work lately a bit more tolerable. wink.gif Cannot wait for this one.

I've been on plenty of road trips to Vegas, but never to purposely go see a show. Or the majesty of a RUSH show, nonetheless!

I've never been to MGM Grand before and am a bit concerned because I got Section D, Row H...which is great because they're on the floor, obviously. But I'm flippin' short. Will I be able to see anything?

depends on who is in front of you. In milwaukee, I think Lurch was in the fifth row center.

Seeing Rush in Vegas is a f*ckin' trip. You know that 75% of the audience are such die hards that they travelled from all over the country just to see rush. The show is indoors, and has such a massive party atmosphere. It's the best.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 25 2007, 02:13 PM)
Pedro, you have seats yet?

No, not yet. I was just on the phone with one of my cousins from Illinois who is flying out to Vegas to see them. His brother (my other cousin) is supposed to see what he can do to get us tix... he lives there. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from him.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get any decent deals on a room. My cousin wants to get his own room. He says he's too "nocturnal." In any event, I'm fairly close to just biting the bullet and getting a room at the MGM.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 26 2007, 12:09 AM)
Looking forward to this show makes the shitty days I've been having at work lately a bit more tolerable.  wink.gif  Cannot wait for this one.

depends on who is in front of you. In milwaukee, I think Lurch was in the fifth row center.

Seeing Rush in Vegas is a f*ckin' trip. You know that 75% of the audience are such die hards that they travelled from all over the country just to see rush. The show is indoors, and has such a massive party atmosphere. It's the best.

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Two months, and two days!!!

twotwo! Speaking of twotwo, where's he been? Anyone seen him lately? Maybe we should start a come back thread for him.

QUOTE (sundog @ May 26 2007, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 26 2007, 12:09 AM)
Looking forward to this show makes the shitty days I've been having at work lately a bit more tolerable.  wink.gif  Cannot wait for this one.

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Two months, and two days!!!

twotwo! Speaking of twotwo, where's he been? Anyone seen him lately? Maybe we should start a come back thread for him.

I am SOOOO sick of all the alters around here. angry.gif

z7shysterical.gif

tongue.gif

Boy do i wish we could have planned for Vegas too. I never even thought of that venue. HOW STUPID??? Next time it's a definite. yes.gif

Southwest airlines has some great airfare deals from the following cities

Austin to Las Vegas $64

Denver to Las Vegas $44

Chicago to Las Vegas $59

Kansas City Mo to Las Vegas $69

Phoenix to Las Vegas $34....

These are some great deals and they are available through May 31st...

I am just trying to help those seeking a great bargain that way you can have extra money for gambling and the show.. I hope this helps... Have a great one guys and ROCK ON! 1022.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 25 2007, 10:24 AM)

Thanks for the tip Pedro and for the link, Lerxt1990. I'd never heard of that guy, he's funny and we'd probably enjoy his show. It's good Hooters is getting entertainment, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any when we stayed at the San Remo last time.

One thing we are doing for sure in Vegas, abeit my hubby doesn't know it yet, is heading out to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. For a birthday surprise for my hubby, I registered him for the Richard Petty Rookie Driving Experience at the speedway. He'll get to drive 8 laps around the track. I registered him almost immediately after I got the pre-sale Rush tix and so many times I've almost blurted it out! It's hard to keep secret, he's gonna be so stoked once he gets the news. The drive is at 5:00 on Friday July 27, we have to be there at 4:30. If there's any race fans or peeps just looking for something to do, you are welcome to join us. They told me there's lots of seating for family & friends. There's another one at 8:00 that night so it's not too long a time being out there. It takes 20-30 min to drive there from the MGM Grand. I think it's 18 miles.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 26 2007, 09:44 PM)
I am so thrilled with how many great TRF and CP folks are going!!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/PrimeMoverandShaker/Vegas_Peep_Seating-2.jpg

I'm in section L17 Row E - right by GhostGirl and 1001 bekloppt.gif

Archived