Rate Your Trekkieness...

mfratt

How much of a Trekkie are you?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How much of a Trekkie are you?

• 5 - I spent a half million on an original Enterprise model
    • 4 - I go to Star Trek conventions (or would like to go)
    • 3 - I know enough about the show to scare some people.
    • 2 - Yea I watch it from time to time
    • 1 - Star Trek....meh
    • 0 - Isn't that the one with Han Solo?
    • -1 - I hate Star Trek and everything surrounding it.

Of the various later spinoffs from the original series: DS9 was awesome (not so much in the beginning, but it definitely got much better as the series progressed), Next Generation was second best, and Voyager positively sucked.

For Voyager, I kept hoping they would all just die, and finally just stopped watching the awful thing altogether. Every now and then, old reruns of Voyager will be on, and I will tune in for a bit to give it another chance, only to be reminded of why I thought it sucked so much in the first place.

Haven't seen enough of Enterprise to rate it.

As some might have guessed from my name I'm quite a fan.

I did go to one convention in a hotel near Heathrow,I went in my Captain Kirk outfit(no really) and got the bums rush from the other conventioneers because I wasn't TNG enough.Tosspots.

When the Klingons turned up it was great-there was request in the blurb I got with my ticket that forbade battles in the reception area and metal bladed weapons would not be tolerated. 1022.gif

QUOTE (callmejim @ Mar 16 2007, 07:14 PM)

When the Klingons turned up it was great-there was request in the blurb I got with my ticket that forbade battles in the reception area and metal bladed weapons would not be tolerated. 1022.gif

Brilliant icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Phasers on stun

I loved every series up until Voyager. Once Seven of Nine was introduced it started its decline. I was a continuity geek and Voyager threw it all out the window. They didn't make nit picking mistakes, they made tremendous mistakes. Enterprise started off poorly then in the last season they started getting right, then it was cancelled!

bumper.gif

Star Trek

I remember having to watch it at dinner time every freakin' weekend as a kid. angry.gif

I think the one episode i liked was with those fuzzballs - tribbles? trebbles? triffids? what the hell?! unsure.gif I'll have to go look it up.

Captain Kirk was easy. That's all I'm sayin' bolt.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 21 2010, 07:23 PM)
bumper.gif

Star Trek

I remember having to watch it at dinner time  every freakin' weekend as a kid. angry.gif

I think the one episode i liked was with those fuzzballs - tribbles? trebbles? triffids? what the hell?! unsure.gif I'll have to go look it up.

Captain Kirk was easy. That's all I'm sayin' bolt.gif

Tribbles...and a funnny story about a telemarketer

Some dude called TWICE in the same day about how he was gonna make me a ga jillianaire without me spending a cent of my own blahblahblah...

his name?

wait for it

wait for it

http://connceliac.tripod.com/tribbles.jpg

Neil TRIBBLE!!

I called back n left three msgs each one worse than the last, meanwhile my wife laughing her ass off..

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 22 2010, 02:35 AM)
What the f**k is a Star Trek?

An insidious electronic virus engineered specifically to separate nerds from their allowance therefore enriching the virus' creators and enabling them to develop different strains of the virus.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 13 2007, 04:00 AM)
-1. 'Star Wars' is much better. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the best 'Star Trek' movie ever made is 'Galaxy Quest'.

Still though, this dude:

http://commonsensecoordinator.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/khan-star-trek-2.jpg

will always be way cooler than this dude:

http://www.darthscreencapture.com/RPark/Maul/Data/IG/images/sith_warrior.jpg

Better characters overall in Trek imho regardless of all the dorky force prime directive ewok amok time dark side talk in both camps.

Probably 3. tongue.gif I'm a fan but I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie. (Although, I believe they prefer to be called Trekkers wink.gif )

But I'm fan enough to draw this. Yeah, I'm favouring DS9 recently. smile.gif I also like Voyager and TNG. But I haven't seen much of the original series, and I don't much like Enterprise.

I prefer Babylon 5 now though. wub.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 22 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 22 2010, 02:35 AM)
What the f**k is a Star Trek?

An insidious electronic virus engineered specifically to separate nerds from their allowance therefore enriching the virus' creators and enabling them to develop different strains of the virus.

Oh . . . . unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Archived