Do you wear a watch?

physics23

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a watch?

• Yes
    • No

About a year and a half ago the battery on my Casio TS-100 died, and since then I've been bare-wristed. I don't think I will ever go back to wearing a watch.

Yeah Physics I wear a watch almost 24/7.

BTW nice to see you posting again mate. trink39.gif

I wore one once , and i broke it.

Besides that? Why? Would you wanna know what time it is off a watch! You don't already know what time it is? sad.gif

It's Hammer Time chickendance.gif

I know that was bad biggrin.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Oct 29 2006, 02:52 AM)
About a year and a half ago the battery on my Casio TS-100 died, and since then I've been bare-wristed. I don't think I will ever go back to wearing a watch.

I don't wear a watch anymore, although I used to wear a gucci that looks kind of like this one:

http://www.iorio.com/watch/gucci/images/jk0j420a-sm.JPG

The battery needs to be replaced and I never seem to remember to do it.

Physics! It's wonderful to see you, my friend. I hope this visit is for a while.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/r8.gif

Nope, no watch. I used to wear them years ago, I have about 6 or so. Now I always have my cell phone with me & I use that instead.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 29 2006, 09:26 AM)
Nope, no watch. I used to wear them years ago, I have about 6 or so. Now I always have my cell phone with me & I use that instead.

yeah... i just use my digital camera which is almost always with me these days.

though I think I wouldn't mind a pocket watch. they're kinda cool. laugh.gif

i am an occasional watch wearer...

i have my casual i wear it most of the time watch i got from the ROOTS store a ouple of years ago.....love that watch!

and i have a more dressy watch that i wear once in a while....

but my car clock and my cell are the ways i mostly get the time...when i'm away from home...

Great seeing you Physics!!!!!!!!

The big issues of the day!!

The world slips towards meltdown thru global warming, the daily routine destruction of life in Iraq, Korea pushing the world closer to nuclear meltdown. Who says we're fiddling while Rome burns?

LIKE WHAT-EVER !!!

I don't wear a watch for a very long and boring reason, but as you asked I'll punish you by telling you. I'm right handed but write with my left hand, meaning I always have to take off a watch when I write, which means I leave them about blah, blah, blah, so don't bother.

I too don't wear jewelery, excpet for cuff links of course. When I wearg a shirt I always wear double-cuffs because I am an English gentleman and not a barbarian.

Disco

PS I'll sure someone else will sort out the big issues, lots of clever coves in politics you know.

PPS The English word 'barbarian' comes form the German 'barbar'. We English are so posh, we didn't even have a word for that type of behavour before we met Jonny Foreigner.

PPS Loving Hammer time !

Ive been wearing a watch for about 4 years now. I had a really cool mickey mouse one, that would make wierd music... but, the battery died.

I did get a new one about a year ago. I wear that, and a pair of wristbands (because my wrist is too small to fit it. my wrists are like toothpicks.)

Yes, I wear a watch. An analog watch. Because I like knowing what time it is. Yes, I am aware that my cell phone features a time display, but it's easier to look at my watch than it is to take my phone out of my pocket and flip it open.

Necro-watches are not jewelry, they are tools.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Oct 29 2006, 03:55 PM)
I had a really cool mickey mouse one, that would make wierd music... but, the battery died.

I'm so out of touch with what's cool with the kids these days...

Disco

Who'd have thought this thread would be such a flyer eh?

I wore a watch when I was pretty young, but one time when I was around 14 or 15 I was waiting in line for hours one morning in the cold in New Haven, Connecticut for tickets to some heavy metal concert.

I was wearing a waatch and looked at it CONSTANTLY. It made the long wait seem like an eternity.

Since then I decided that if I really wanted to know what time it was, I could ask someone else if no clock was around. I really like not wear a watch, though since I usually have my cell phone on me, I can always find out when I really want to know...

I wear a Timex Ironman because I am an Ironman.....

Actually, it is for convenience.

In my work, I have to log the time numerous times a day:

what time I walked into a building,

what time I did something in the building,

what time I called someone to let them know what time I walked into the building,

What time I left the building.

What time I took a leak on the side of the building....

And that's for just a visit to a building, not considering the work I am there to do.

What's more, I have to log these times in what is known as Zulu time...

It's about 10:14 central time right now... which is 1614 Zulu.

We just had a daylight savings time change here this morning....but zulu doesn't change.

My Timex Ironman keeps BOTH regular time and Zulu time for me....so I gotta have it, or I just can't function...in fact, I only take it off to sleep or....well, you know. cool.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Oct 29 2006, 12:13 PM)
I wear a Timex Ironman because I am an Ironman.....

Actually, it is for convenience.

In my work, I have to log the time numerous times a day:

what time I walked into a building,
what time I did something in the building,
what time I called someone to let them know what time I walked into the building,
What time I left the building.
What time I took a leak on the side of the building....

And that's for just a visit to a building, not considering the work I am there to do.

What's more, I have to log these times in what is known as Zulu time...
It's about 10:14 central time right now... which is 1614 Zulu.

We just had a daylight savings time change here this morning....but zulu doesn't change.

My Timex Ironman keeps BOTH regular time and Zulu time for me....so I gotta have it, or I just can't function...in fact, I only take it off to sleep or....well, you know. cool.gif

Okay... and to reply to Jack too... as a functional tool, I would wear one, but unless I was severly dressed up, and that NEVER happens... I wouldn't wear one. And then it would have to be an exquisite one. I won't lie... there's a watch I do like. Don't know the name, cuz it's ridiculously expensive, but it's just a solid black face, no numbers and a gold band. Very sweet. I'd like it if I had a solid black suit. But again... ain't NEVER gonna happen.

So when I was a security guard part-time, it was a needed tool, and I wore one while on the job. But as Goober said... it makes the day or any kind of wait seem like an eternity cuz you check it so often. yes.gif

i wear one

got it from zellers a few years back for like $19.99. silver band with gold bars and a silver face with gold trim, it actually looks like its worth alot more

the band is actually stretchy instead of using a clasp

the sad part is, my grandpa's watch was almost the same

I never take mine off!

I have soap scum under the fastener.

Its kinda gross actually

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 29 2006, 01:22 PM)
I won't lie... there's a watch I do like. Don't know the name, cuz it's ridiculously expensive, but it's just a solid black face, no numbers and a gold band. Very sweet.

Sounds like a Movado.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0604228.jpg

They're not that expensive if you shop around. I got my wife one for Christmas last year.

Archived