Do you wear a watch?

physics23

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a watch?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 29 2006, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 29 2006, 01:22 PM)
I won't lie... there's a watch I do like.  Don't know the name, cuz it's ridiculously expensive, but it's just a solid black face, no numbers and a gold band.  Very sweet.

Sounds like a Movado.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0604228.jpg

They're not that expensive if you shop around. I got my wife one for Christmas last year.

i was thinking necro was looking at a movado also....

my dress watch was not cheap...around $400.00 when i got it albout 10 or 11 years ago......it's a Raymond Weil... and it has served me well for as long as i've had it....i've had only 3 batteries replaced in it, and the crystal once....

classic beauty.... i believe if you can afford it, it's worth the investment for a piece that will last you a long long time...(no pun intended...)

i've love to get a Philip Stein Tesler....without the diamonds...but i just can't justify spending $500.00 + price tag when there are so many other things i need that $ for.....

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 29 2006, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 29 2006, 01:22 PM)
I won't lie... there's a watch I do like.  Don't know the name, cuz it's ridiculously expensive, but it's just a solid black face, no numbers and a gold band.  Very sweet.

Sounds like a Movado.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0604228.jpg

They're not that expensive if you shop around. I got my wife one for Christmas last year.

Close, but the one I saw doesn't even have that gold button at the top. Just the hands. It's slimmer too I believe.

I seen it at a pawn shop, and even there they wanted over 500 bux. ohmy.gif

I'm a total jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, but if I had to dress up, I'd like that look that Christian has from Nip/Tuck. The all black suit, and then i'd wear a watch and maybe even my future gold wedding band.

But the chances of this attire ever happening are quite slim. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 29 2006, 08:16 AM)
I never wear watches. When I was a kid I did cuz my Dad did, but as I grew up I couldn't stand them. I hate any kind of jewelry. At least a watch has functionability, but jewelry on guys... c'mon... kinda girly enna?

I agree mate, though I had earrings in the 80s. Now though I find that any extraneous paraphernalia just gets in the way and annoys me, it just doesn't belong there and that includes a watch. It gets sweated up, busted up, feels cold or hot etc. No jewelry, no shit like that get the f**k out of here ha ha...

I think you know what I'm saying here right?

I don't wear a watch, because I don't want to know what time it is. Stoopid time. angry.gif

Seriously, in my psych class we learned about Type A personality. These folks got 'typed by cardiologists who bought very expensive, leather couches for the waiting room. They noticed that the couches kept wearing out along the front edge, because their patients had no patience. They were literally on the edge of their seats all the time, and constantly checking their watches. Some sort of correlation there. yes.gif

I decided then, that I won't look to see what time it is, unless I have a decision to make based on what time it is, (i.e. Do I have time to stop and pick up flowers for the office before work?) Otherwise, I don't want to know.

Then again, I'm usually late wherever I go. doh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 29 2006, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 29 2006, 08:16 AM)
I never wear watches.  When I was a kid I did cuz my Dad did, but as I grew up I couldn't stand them.  I hate any kind of jewelry.  At least a watch has functionability, but jewelry on guys... c'mon... kinda girly enna?

I agree mate, though I had earrings in the 80s. Now though I find that any extraneous paraphernalia just gets in the way and annoys me, it just doesn't belong there and that includes a watch. It gets sweated up, busted up, feels cold or hot etc. No jewelry, no shit like that get the f**k out of here ha ha...

I think you know what I'm saying here right?

Yep.

The only thing I wear is a necklace that CeeJ used to own. When she went away I started wearing it. It's just a thin rope with a piece of marble type material with her name spelled out on it. When she came back, I'd just gotten so used to it, it's never come off. It won't until the rope wears out. no.gif

But I couldn't even wear my wedding ring. When me and CeeJ make it official and I get a new one, I'll definitley try, but I know it won't work. I can't wear them at work (printer), so it'll wind up in a jewelry box and probably only worn on very dressy occassions.

Jewelry just bugs the hell out of me. I too did the earrings in the eighties and every now and again pop one in just to freak my kids out. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Disco @ Oct 29 2006, 09:50 AM)
The big issues of the day!!

The world slips towards meltdown thru global warming, the daily routine destruction of life in Iraq, Korea pushing the world closer to nuclear meltdown. Who says we're fiddling while Rome burns?

LIKE WHAT-EVER !!!

I don't wear a watch for a very long and boring reason, but as you asked I'll punish you by telling you. I'm right handed but write with my left hand, meaning I always have to take off a watch when I write, which means I leave them about blah, blah, blah, so don't bother.

I too don't wear jewelery, excpet for cuff links of course. When I wearg a shirt I always wear double-cuffs because I am an English gentleman and not a barbarian.

Disco

PS I'll sure someone else will sort out the big issues, lots of clever coves in politics you know.

PPS The English word 'barbarian' comes form the German 'barbar'. We English are so posh, we didn't even have a word for that type of behavour before we met Jonny Foreigner.

PPS Loving Hammer time !

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one!!!! I am also right handed, but write (and eat/use fork) with my left hand. Watches dont bother me (Im a creature of habit and have always worn one) - so I always wear one on my left wrist.

Actually, for about 20 years, my "lineup" has been the same. Watch on left wrist, class ring (on workdays, if going out on weekend) on right hand, wallet in rear left pocket, comb (which I never use) in right back pocket, keys in front right pocket and glasses (sunglasses or reg ones) in front left pocket. A touch of OCD keeps me form changing this lineup, which just got more complicated wiht the advent of the cell phone (holster on belt, left side..).

I wear a watch but like some others here, I need it for my work. I work on a boat as some of you may know so, like Geds I have to log everything; time we left the dock, time we arrived, time we started loading a product, time we finished, time we ran into the oil rig, etc.

Other than that I don't wear any jewelry 'cause I can't stand it it like Necro. A ring I could maybe get used to but I absolutely hate wearing necklaces. They feel just awful next to my skin on hot summer days.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Oct 29 2006, 07:00 PM)
I wear a watch but like some others here, I need it for my work. I work on a boat as some of you may know so, like Geds I have to log everything; time we left the dock, time we arrived, time we started loading a product, time we finished, time we ran into the oil rig, etc.
Other than that I don't wear any jewelry 'cause I can't stand it it like Necro. A ring I could maybe get used to but I absolutely hate wearing necklaces. They feel just awful next to my skin on hot summer days.

I thought I recognized you from the news....

Archived