Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 24 2010, 03:29 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 22 2010, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 22 2010, 03:52 AM)
S3E08

what... the... hell.... This episode is JUST like final destination.

Ah, "Flashes before your Eyes" is a great episode... and the first foray into what will become a major element in the series.....

You are currently in the midst of the first half of season 3....... which is the worst block of episodes throughout the whole series..... The episode you just watched was one glimmer in a bit of crap... (The episode that followed that episode "Stranger in a Strange Land" is almost universally recognized as the Worst episode of LOST...it is utter crap)........the first half of season 3 was very slow and the plot dragged on, even the creators admit that "They were stuck in a rut as plot progression goes, and they had their characters locked in cages for 8 episodes"..........

Shortly after the start of the second half of season 3 the creators came up with an "end date" for the show (end of season 6) and they finally could progress the show without dragging out the plot as was evident in early-mid season 3... The last 1/4 of season 3 is probably the best 8 consecutive hours of LOST so far... the season 3 finale is the most shocking ending of a season that lost has had..........

Let us know what you think of that when you get to it.

glad to hear that, because I thought it was just me getting tired of the show.

Enter 77 was a good episode, so I'm guessing it's picking up here.

I'm also watched LA-X part 1 because I don't want to miss it since it's going off hulu, didn't get much but I took notes on it so after I've finished thru season 5 It'll make sense.

Forget Hulu...watch the eps on here

http://tvgorge.com/shows/lost/

The episodes are not removed...that way you can keep watching them in order...the way it should be done. trink39.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 22 2010, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 22 2010, 03:52 AM)
S3E08

what... the... hell.... This episode is JUST like final destination.

Ah, "Flashes before your Eyes" is a great episode... and the first foray into what will become a major element in the series.....

You are currently in the midst of the first half of season 3....... which is the worst block of episodes throughout the whole series..... The episode you just watched was one glimmer in a bit of crap... (The episode that followed that episode "Stranger in a Strange Land" is almost universally recognized as the Worst episode of LOST...it is utter crap)........the first half of season 3 was very slow and the plot dragged on, even the creators admit that "They were stuck in a rut as plot progression goes, and they had their characters locked in cages for 8 episodes"..........

Shortly after the start of the second half of season 3 the creators came up with an "end date" for the show (end of season 6) and they finally could progress the show without dragging out the plot as was evident in early-mid season 3... The last 1/4 of season 3 is probably the best 8 consecutive hours of LOST so far... the season 3 finale is the most shocking ending of a season that lost has had..........

Let us know what you think of that when you get to it.

Owl's right!!!

Stick with it!!!!

It gets much better and the real fun is just about to begin!!!

Until this last season which so far I H8!!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILER.

FINALLY a good episode out of this last season. I think it's 'cuz of Hurley. If he is involved things acually happen!!! He is the REAL key to the show not Locke (or Flocke who I really hate having been a Locke fan) sad.gif .

QUOTE (vital signz @ Feb 19 2010, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 19 2010, 06:44 AM)

BTW...If the timeline thing is supposed to be a "what if the plane didn't crash" thingy....why is Ben Linus teaching in a school...shouldn't he be on the island with the Dharma Initiative?

This is the thing I can't get my head around

Spoiler

The fact that it's been revealed that Jack has a teenage son says that this alternate timeline is NOT a "what if the plane didn't crash" scenario....It seems to be a whole new parallel world altogether. You would think Jack would've mentioned he had a son at all during his time on the island (for sure the original timeline). So this means Locke became crippled in some other way other than by his father, maybe Kate might be innocent of the crime she is being pursued for, Hurley doesn't have any "cursed" events happening around him (for ex. he got Locke another job), etc.

So Ben is part of this new parallel world for some reason and not there because of what happened in the other timelines. And now, as revealed last night, Dogen.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Arrrrgghhhh!!!! It's posing more new questions instead of providing answers!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/I_ANGR18.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ Feb 24 2010, 07:23 AM)
Arrrrgghhhh!!!! It's posing more new questions instead of providing answers!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/I_ANGR18.gif

Agreed! I'm totally farkin' "lost" after last night confused13.gif At least I can come in here to get some insight.

spoiler

I'm thinking the Lighthouse belongs to the MIB....Jacob wanted the mirrors to be broken. Payback for MIB disturbing the scale with the rocks back in Jacob's cave.

Looks like some sort of "chess" game going on between the two, messing with the lives of these people. Or "backgammon" if you will.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 24 2010, 10:11 AM)
Anybody noticed the sign at David's recital? "Welcome all Candidates"

Hmmm...now that you mention it.....

Friggin' Claire is crazy as a loon!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 23 2010, 01:57 PM)
Entertainment Weekly has a web show called "Totally Lost" where these 2 guys recap the previous episode, and there is a huge Rush reference in Part 2. It's hilarious.

Check it.

Jacob's Ladder

bumper.gif cuz I know alot of you probably missed this and it's hilarious, regarding Jacob, and a certain Rush song you might be familiar with.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 24 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Feb 19 2010, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 19 2010, 06:44 AM)

BTW...If the timeline thing is supposed to be a "what if the plane didn't crash" thingy....why is Ben Linus teaching in a school...shouldn't he be on the island with the Dharma Initiative?

This is the thing I can't get my head around

Spoiler

The fact that it's been revealed that Jack has a teenage son says that this alternate timeline is NOT a "what if the plane didn't crash" scenario....It seems to be a whole new parallel world altogether. You would think Jack would've mentioned he had a son at all during his time on the island (for sure the original timeline). So this means Locke became crippled in some other way other than by his father, maybe Kate might be innocent of the crime she is being pursued for, Hurley doesn't have any "cursed" events happening around him (for ex. he got Locke another job), etc.

So Ben is part of this new parallel world for some reason and not there because of what happened in the other timelines. And now, as revealed last night, Dogen.

I think I agree with you.

SPOILER:

Lockes girlfriend mentioned inviting his father to the wedding(?) indicating good terms...and Hurley was all smiles and happy with his riches...and of course the teenage son of Jacks. That would also explain Ben being a teacher off the island.

My biggest gripe is that they are even inventing this whole new alternate reality....aren't there enough unanswered questions and loose ends to tie up from the first 5 seasons without this, what I feel to be completely unneeded, story line?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 24 2010, 10:08 AM)
spoiler

I'm thinking the Lighthouse belongs to the MIB....Jacob wanted the mirrors to be broken. Payback for MIB disturbing the scale with the rocks back in Jacob's cave.

Looks like some sort of "chess" game going on between the two, messing with the lives of these people. Or "backgammon" if you will.

Right again.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 25 2010, 08:10 PM)

My biggest gripe is that they are even inventing this whole new alternate reality....aren't there enough unanswered questions and loose ends to tie up from the first 5 seasons without this, what I feel to be completely unneeded, story line?

The writers have promised that everything will come together towards the end of the show. It may look like it is "completely unneeded" as you put it but it really is required. The new questions actually help bring answers IMO. Sort of. laugh.gif

Dude you need patience; you should know this after watching all this time wink.gif

I watched the episode again and saw a cool Who reference.

Spoiler

In David's room I saw a poster of The Who (black and white of course). There is a song on Tommy called "Smash the Mirror". Alas later on Jack would indeed smash the 4 mirrors at the lighthouse. cool.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 26 2010, 04:50 AM)
I watched the episode again and saw a cool Who reference.

Spoiler

In David's room I saw a poster of The Who (black and white of course). There is a song on Tommy called "Smash the Mirror". Alas later on Jack would indeed smash the 4 mirrors at the lighthouse. cool.gif

nice find.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 27 2010, 12:09 AM)
Maybe it is possible Hurley wasn't aware of them but I'm surprised he hasn't freaked out at the presence of the numbers like he has in the past.

I think he has come to terms with what those numbers represent and has just accepted what comes with them.

Edited by Some Half-Forgotten Stranger

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 28 2010, 02:09 AM)
Oh, Shit. You're about to watch the insane as hell season 3 finale. (Still the best season finale yet.....)

The ending will blow your mind.

yeah it is! see, this is why sayid is my favorite character.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 28 2010, 02:36 AM)
Oh, Shit.  You're about to watch the insane as hell season 3 finale.  (Still the best season finale yet.....)

Oh, the whole snapping that Other's neck with his legs.... Bad ass!

What did you think of the last scene of season 3?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 28 2010, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 28 2010, 02:36 AM)
Oh, Shit.  You're about to watch the insane as hell season 3 finale.  (Still the best season finale yet.....)

Oh, the whole snapping that Other's neck with his legs.... Bad ass!

What did you think of the last scene of season 3?

Didn't think much of the very last bit, it's pretty confusing.

Charlie's scenes and Sayid and Jin being held hostage was more exciting and interesting to me.