Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

welcome Kenneth - great to have another LOST fan on the board. As for the flashes (backward, forward, sideways..) just keep watching and I will recommend a great site to you but at the same time I will warn ou of its addictive and almost certain spoiler-esque qualities....read onl as much as you dare...backwards of course, but also forwards. But some simple advice: dont ruin it for yourself and dont read too much into any one man's opinion. We're all just here for the ride after all...

The LOST Blog, Film Fodder

Looking forward to sharing your thoughts and observations on a great show

PTA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 13 2010, 07:37 PM)
welcome Kenneth - great to have another LOST fan on the board. As for the flashes (backward, forward, sideways..) just keep watching and I will recommend a great site to you but at the same time I will warn ou of its addictive and almost certain spoiler-esque qualities....read onl as much as you dare...backwards of course, but also forwards. But some simple advice: dont ruin it for yourself and dont read too much into any one man's opinion. We're all just here for the ride after all...

The LOST Blog, Film Fodder

Looking forward to sharing your thoughts and observations on a great show

PTA

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to try to catch up to season 6 before it ends, really would like to be a part of this show before it's done, because I've heard 6 is going to be the last season.

As for right now I'm on the end of Season 1's finale, and I paused it because Hoooly S*** i'm breathing heavily and my heart's pounding, I'm really into this show!

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

ranton.gif

Because of my complete hatred for what is going on in this final season (ya know where allllll of our questions are SUPPOSED [or would like] to be answered) It has been suggested I stop watching wink.gif but you know I just can't after getting hooked allllll those years ago when our second favorite band of cast aways were first stranded on that f'in island. Well the temptation is stronger than ever....but I'm a junkie and I CAN'T QUIT!!!!

What the hell!!!!!????

This season is so off the wall and out in left field it's ridiculous. It may as well not be the same Lost that we saw in the first 5 seasons.

I think the new timeline is a complete waste of time and I can only pray it better have something to do with the grand scheme of things and is not REALLY just a "look at their lives if they had not crashed on the island". It's taking up over half of each episode to show what I feel is going to be a completely hypothetical situation in it's show relevance. In other words over half of each show is going to be for NOTHING!!!!

Didn't Daniel Faraday say something along the lines of not being able to have two of the same person existing in the same moment of time like that red haired chick he had the hots for, whatever her name was, and a few others....remember the ones who got the bloody noses and then kicked off? So although the "life if the plane didn't crash people" would be 6 years in the past, because the people are on the island are still alive that would suggest all of the people on Oceanic 8...whatever it is was....actually die shortly after they get back to LA....Really think that's gonna happen???!!!!

And this...I LIKED James Sawyer/Ford as a nice guy and don't want to see him "Sith his pant's, or turn his diaper the dark side" which it appears is going to happen. There is no way I'm going for some Sawyer/Ford turns evil, gets killed in the end but has a last minute change of heart ala Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. NO WAY!!!!

This new band of "other" ...the ones in the Temple???!!! You're trying to tell me that of the alllllll the people who have been on that island, for all those years Dharma, the US army, that band led by Winthorpe, or Wallingofrd, or What'shisname...ya know the rich guy who wants back on the island who was deposed by Ben Linus....you're trying to tell me NONE of those people knew anything about "the temple" and that bunch of lame assed hippies?

I could go on and on, but for Gods (and your) sake this better end on a fantastically electrifying high note with lots of answers and gratification, 'cuz I'll tell ya, if I wasn't so deep into this crap, I'd be out after last night.

Thanks...I feel better.

rantoff.gif

My wife and I watch this show. At first she was really into it, now she's 'meh, might as well see how it all ends.' I've always been 'meh.'

I'm guessing there will never be any explanation as to how Sawyer and Locke (if you can call him that) get out of that cave.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 17 2010, 09:57 AM)

Did anybody recognize the series of numbers they kept showing last night?

Didn't recognize the numbers!!

Now that you mention it, of course we've seen those numbers...those were the most important things in the first two seasons, entire seasons revolved around those numbers...without those number there wouldn't have been soooo many of the early shows...but like all things on Lost they were cast aside as if they were cans of Dharma brand beer...never to be explained and simply forgotten about.

Great Episode!!!!!!!!

3 questions...........

#1- If the numbers are supposed to represent a certain member of 815, who are candidates for taking Jacob's place as island protector, what do the certain numbers mean for each castaway.... How does one get crossed off the board, it seems that death is the main option, and why wasn't Kate a candidate, if the application is meeting Jacob off the "during a difficult time in their life"......Kate did meet Jacob, after she was caught shoplifting, and Jacob bought here the New Kids on the Block lunch box

#2 Who the hell is the Blond kid? He seems to know alot of about the rules and the island, and who is he referring to when telling Flocke (Fake Locke)/Man In Black/ Smokey that "You Can't kill him"? I think the kid is an older version of Aaron......... Young Jacob seems too easy...

#3............I think we should avoid European History in the ALT timeline, you agree?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 18 2010, 02:08 AM)
Great Episode!!!!!!!!

3 questions...........

#1- If the numbers are supposed to represent a certain member of 815, who are candidates for taking Jacob's place as island protector, what do the certain numbers mean for each castaway.... How does one get crossed off the board, it seems that death is the main option, and why wasn't Kate a candidate, if the application is meeting Jacob off the "during a difficult time in their life"......Kate did meet Jacob, after she was caught shoplifting, and Jacob bought here the New Kids on the Block lunch box

#2 Who the hell is the Blond kid? He seems to know alot of about the rules and the island, and who is he referring to when telling Flocke (Fake Locke)/Man In Black/ Smokey that "You Can't kill him"? I think the kid is an older version of Aaron......... Young Jacob seems too easy...

#3............I think we should avoid European History in the ALT timeline, you agree?

#1 Who knows and don't expect and answer.

#2 Who knows and don't expect and answer.

#3 I think we should eliminate the whole timeline thing.

BTW...If the timeline thing is supposed to be a "what if the plane didn't crash" thingy....why is Ben Linus teaching in a school...shouldn't he be on the island with the Dharma Initiative?

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 19 2010, 06:44 AM)

BTW...If the timeline thing is supposed to be a "what if the plane didn't crash" thingy....why is Ben Linus teaching in a school...shouldn't he be on the island with the Dharma Initiative?

This is the thing I can't get my head around

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 19 2010, 05:44 AM)

That is the thing that confused me too........... In the ALT timeline the island has been sunk........ we assume that the NUKE did that, but maybe not...... If the Nuke is what sunk the island in the ALT timeline, Ben Linus would have died......... at the time of the Nuke detonation he was still with the Others, after being shot by a time traveling Sayid... He was not on the sub that evacuated the island.......

So whatever sunk the island, it was not the Nuke.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 22 2010, 03:52 AM)
S3E08

what... the... hell.... This episode is JUST like final destination.

Ah, "Flashes before your Eyes" is a great episode... and the first foray into what will become a major element in the series.....

You are currently in the midst of the first half of season 3....... which is the worst block of episodes throughout the whole series..... The episode you just watched was one glimmer in a bit of crap... (The episode that followed that episode "Stranger in a Strange Land" is almost universally recognized as the Worst episode of LOST...it is utter crap)........the first half of season 3 was very slow and the plot dragged on, even the creators admit that "They were stuck in a rut as plot progression goes, and they had their characters locked in cages for 8 episodes"..........

Shortly after the start of the second half of season 3 the creators came up with an "end date" for the show (end of season 6) and they finally could progress the show without dragging out the plot as was evident in early-mid season 3... The last 1/4 of season 3 is probably the best 8 consecutive hours of LOST so far... the season 3 finale is the most shocking ending of a season that lost has had..........

Let us know what you think of that when you get to it.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
Entertainment Weekly has a web show called "Totally Lost" where these 2 guys recap the previous episode, and there is a huge Rush reference in Part 2. It's hilarious.

Check it.

Jacob's Ladder

that sir, was awesome. Thanks!

Huey Lewis? Come on guys

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 23 2010, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
Entertainment Weekly has a web show called "Totally Lost" where these 2 guys recap the previous episode, and there is a huge Rush reference in Part 2. It's hilarious.

Check it.

Jacob's Ladder

that sir, was awesome. Thanks!

Huey Lewis? Come on guys

Cool! cool.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 22 2010, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 22 2010, 03:52 AM)
S3E08

what... the... hell.... This episode is JUST like final destination.

Ah, "Flashes before your Eyes" is a great episode... and the first foray into what will become a major element in the series.....

You are currently in the midst of the first half of season 3....... which is the worst block of episodes throughout the whole series..... The episode you just watched was one glimmer in a bit of crap... (The episode that followed that episode "Stranger in a Strange Land" is almost universally recognized as the Worst episode of LOST...it is utter crap)........the first half of season 3 was very slow and the plot dragged on, even the creators admit that "They were stuck in a rut as plot progression goes, and they had their characters locked in cages for 8 episodes"..........

Shortly after the start of the second half of season 3 the creators came up with an "end date" for the show (end of season 6) and they finally could progress the show without dragging out the plot as was evident in early-mid season 3... The last 1/4 of season 3 is probably the best 8 consecutive hours of LOST so far... the season 3 finale is the most shocking ending of a season that lost has had..........

Let us know what you think of that when you get to it.

glad to hear that, because I thought it was just me getting tired of the show.

Enter 77 was a good episode, so I'm guessing it's picking up here.

I'm also watched LA-X part 1 because I don't want to miss it since it's going off hulu, didn't get much but I took notes on it so after I've finished thru season 5 It'll make sense.