Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 23 2010, 05:18 PM)
Great show AND major addiction.  Best tv drama I have ever watched, period.

Drama / Adventure / Thriller / Mystery

..Or that's what I classify it as smile.gif

Edited by KennethRush

QUOTE (vital signz @ Mar 23 2010, 10:16 PM)
I have to say that this was the best episode of Lost ever. I had no idea what an incredible actor Nestor Carbonell really is....Simply superb. Bravo!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but they did drag it the hell out before actually getting to anything really interesting like Jacob & Smokey the Man In Black. I found it a bit exasperating frankly, Ricardo's story could have been told in 20 minutes not 50 then maybe there would have been time for some actual answers to....something.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 23 2010, 10:38 PM)
I have to say that this was the best episode of Lost ever.  I had no idea what an incredible actor Nestor Carbonell really is....Simply superb.  Bravo!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but they did drag it the hell out before actually getting to anything really interesting like Jacob & Smokey the Man In Black. I found it a bit exasperating frankly, Ricardo's story could have been told in 20 minutes not 50 then maybe there would have been time for some actual answers to....something.

I agree, a lot of the background could have been summed up. To me this was the worst episode of lost since The Other 48 Days.

By the way, can anyone link me to a time line of Jacob's statue?

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Mar 24 2010, 12:12 AM)
I have to say that this was the best episode of Lost ever.  I had no idea what an incredible actor Nestor Carbonell really is....Simply superb.  Bravo!!!!!!!!!

I agree, a lot of the background could have been summed up. To me this was the worst episode of lost since The Other 48 Days.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Who knows about the statue. wacko.gif They barely even reference it.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Nestor whatever his name is did play Dick Alpert well though. But the whole thing was a waste of time, maybe they could have given his story throughout his years on the island as opposed to so much time on just his origin....more importantly they could have used the time to answer something like Red Tamas suggested.

Another sucky episode in the final season of a once great show.

It was a good episode because it provided some answers, but it is way different from previous episodes in past seasons where so much was going on at once and more of the characters were involved. Now that things are winding down, the episodes are concentrating more and more on only one or two main characters' stories which seems to make it drag more.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Mar 23 2010, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 23 2010, 05:18 PM)
Great show AND major addiction.  Best tv drama I have ever watched, period.

Drama / Adventure / Thriller / Mystery

..Or that's what I classify it as smile.gif

Those too... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 24 2010, 01:47 AM)
a top 10 episode for me........ Outstanding.

Kind of weird, judging by this forum people either hated this episode or loved it... I guess your liking to this episode is based off of how interested you are in Richard. And maybe people enjoyed seeing all of his flashback without interruptions.

I thought it was a great episode. Outstanding performance by Nestor Carbonell.

Interesting choice for the origin of Richard. Tenerife, Canary Islands is where the worse ever airplane crash in the history of aviation occured (1977).

Spoilers

So now we know the statue was destroyed by the Black Rock in 1867...which means that last season Sawyer, Locke, Farraday, Miles etc. at one point time-travelled way back before that since they viewed the back of the statue when it was still intact. Always wondered what was the oldest time they travelled back to at any point....

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Mar 24 2010, 12:12 PM)

Kind of weird, judging by this forum people either hated this episode or loved it... I guess your liking to this episode is based off of how interested you are in Richard. And maybe people enjoyed seeing all of his flashback without interruptions.

What I guess is annoying is that they are clearly dancing around Jacob & Smokey and just who they are...like they're killing time until the finale.

And this whole sideways flash business, I hope to hell that a reason for them becomes clear soon because right now I have no clue why they're being shown.

* crabby tamas *

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Mar 24 2010, 07:05 AM)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Nestor whatever his name is did play Dick Alpert well though. But the whole thing was a waste of time, maybe they could have given his story throughout his years on the island as opposed to so much time on just his origin....more importantly they could have used the time to answer something like Red Tamas suggested.

you keep bitching about the sideways timeline and then they switch gears and do a flashback (a very important one at that) and you still bitch. eyesre4.gif

I thought it was a great episode. I agree with other who stated what a great acting job Nestor Carbonell did.

No, we didn't get a lot of answers, but we got some very intriguing hints. I really enjoyed the episode.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2010, 12:58 PM)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

you keep bitching about the sideways timeline and then they switch gears and do a flashback (a very important one at that) and you still bitch. eyesre4.gif

Yes....and I shall continue to do so until I get my way. fists crying.gif laugh.gif

Take that fellow TRF'ers pokey.gif laugh.gif .

An entire episode flashback, that when it's all said and done got us nowhere except we now know why Richard doesn't age, how a sailing ship (which we have seen maybe 5 five times previously) got into the jungle, and a statue (which we have seen maybe 5 times previously) got knocked over, and that The Island is a really just a cork. schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif . 20 minutes of him trying to pull his shackles off of a wall!!!???

Red Tamas said best in that the whole flashback could have easily been cut to 20 minutes (with plenty of room to spare) and the rest of the show dedicated to something that pertained to the first 5 seasons.

Does anybody remember the first five seasons? Dharma, Desmond, The Others, The "other" Others, The French Lady, Mr. Echo, The multiple Islands, The fact that some people including Richard Alpert were able to leave the islands and return at will, The room in which Lockes father mysteriously appeard when Locke asked for him, Ben Linus having dossiers on each of the people on Oceanic 815, how The Island is able to move, what made the island move....the list is endless.

All I want is my 5 years of questions answered, not a new story line that pretends almost everything that has happened previously...never did.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Mar 24 2010, 12:12 PM)

If you go over to Lostpedia, alot of people are loving it....... its about 90 /10 over there.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Mar 24 2010, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2010, 12:58 PM)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Yes....and I shall continue to do so until I get my way. fists crying.gif laugh.gif

Take that fellow TRF'ers pokey.gif laugh.gif .

An entire episode flashback, that when it's all said and done got us nowhere except we now know why Richard doesn't age, how a sailing ship (which we have seen maybe 5 five times previously) got into the jungle, and a statue (which we have seen maybe 5 times previously) got knocked over, and that The Island is a really just a cork. schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif . 20 minutes of him trying to pull his shackles off of a wall!!!???

Red Tamas said best in that the whole flashback could have easily been cut to 20 minutes (with plenty of room to spare) and the rest of the show dedicated to something that pertained to the first 5 seasons.

Does anybody remember the first five seasons? Dharma, Desmond, The Others, The "other" Others, The French Lady, Mr. Echo, The multiple Islands, The fact that some people including Richard Alpert were able to leave the islands and return at will, The room in which Lockes father mysteriously appeard when Locke asked for him, Ben Linus having dossiers on each of the people on Oceanic 815, how The Island is able to move, what made the island move....the list is endless.

All I want is my 5 years of questions answered, not a new story line that pretends almost everything that has happened previously...never did.

Like I said this show is not for people with no patience tongue.gif

There are nine episodes left to explain a lot of things. Probably not 100% of everything but at least the very important things. I bet the producers are now regretting setting a finale to the series; perhaps one more season to really tie up loose strings. Alas they were pressured to set a finale or else they would've lost a lot of viewers.

Personally I'd rather not have everything answered right away. Keeps the show rolling along wink.gif Like I said before if everything was indeed answered at once the show would end and people will gripe that it ended too soon.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 24 2010, 02:35 PM)
The Richard origins episode is one of the best ones I've ever seen and tops so far for this season. Bravo! Smashing entry..!

i really enjoyed the episode and who knew Richard Carbonel was such a great actor. But the big mystery of what happened to the statue was WEAK! The Black Rock rode a tidal wave, smashed through the statue and landed inland? In tact?

Sure, I'll buy that.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 24 2010, 09:21 PM)
I have to say that Terry O'Quinn, who plays Smokey/John Locke, is simply riveting...can't take my eyes off of him.

yes.gif Great performances there, without a doubt.

He has been the most intriguing character since the first episode.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 24 2010, 06:21 PM)
I have to say that Terry O'Quinn, who plays Smokey/John Locke, is simply riveting...can't take my eyes off of him.

he's great! the best character of lost.... Sayid is my personal favorite but Terry makes a great performance

One of the things that has been pissing me off lately is, ok, yeah...we kinda get what the relationship between Jacob and the Smoke Monster dude is, and what the SM wants...BUT I still don't know exactly WHAT or WHO Jacob is (was).

He told Richard he couldn't bring back his wife, or absolve him of his sins, but suuure....I can give you eternal life! WTF?? Where does he get THIS power from?