Happy, happy birthday, Mick!

blueschica

:clap:     Happy, happy birthday Mick!        :clap:  Best wishes to a great guy and a fellow Dan Fogelberg fan!  I hope your day is awesome!  

ZQENOiem.jpg  aKNJZKwm.pngfjPPZ2vm.png

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Happy Birthday! And from another Mick!

article-2329043-19EFA49A000005DC-709_102

'

treeduck you get me sometimes.  Big wrestling fan and on it's history.  this guy is cool.  igreat classic heel.

you surprise me, lol

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

'

treeduck you get me sometimes.  Big wrestling fan and on it's history.  this guy is cool.  igreat classic heel.

you surprise me, lol

Mick

I used to watch wrestling back in the day. Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki, Kid Dynamite, Catweazle, Pat Roach, Fit Finley, Mark "Rollerballl" Rocco, Iron Fist Clive Myers and a ton more. :drink:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

I used to watch wrestling back in the day. Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki, Kid Dynamite, Catweazle, Pat Roach, Fit Finley, Mark "Rollerballl" Rocco, Iron Fist Clive Myers and a ton more. :drink:

i loved Fit finlay as a kid.

that guy was a stiff ass worker, lol

Mick

Thanks guys i wanted to say today my uncle surprised me with a billy joel boxset.  it has all the albums  plus nice liner notes.  it was nice cause all my joel cd's are old.  and this box set was out of print so i'm assuming my uncle knows a guy cause it showed up at my doorstep this morning, lol

Mick

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i loved Fit finlay as a kid.

that guy was a stiff ass worker, lol

Mick

He seemed like the kind of character who'd been dropped on his head as a kid, but there was no damage so wrestling seemed like the ideal career.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, treeduck said:

Same here.  Detroit was an "NWA territory", held matches at the old Olympia Stadium before moving to "beautiful air conditioned Cobo Arena" downtown.  Stars like Dick the Bruiser, Killer Kowalski, Wild Bull Curry and son Fred, Bobo Brazil, and the top dog, The Sheik. Wrestlemania 3 was at the Pontiac Silverdome in March of '73, with main event of Hulk Hogan defeating Andre The Giant to retain his WWF Heavyweight title, and Ricky Steamboat defeating Randy "Macho Man" Savage to take the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship.  Prior to this match the storyline was developed regarding George "The Animal" Steele having a crush on Miss Elizabeth. The show set an alleged indoor attendance record of 93,173.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Same here.  Detroit was an "NWA territory", held matches at the old Olympia Stadium before moving to "beautiful air conditioned Cobo Arena" downtown.  Stars like Dick the Bruiser, Killer Kowalski, Wild Bull Curry and son Fred, Bobo Brazil, and the top dog, The Sheik. Wrestlemania 3 was at the Pontiac Silverdome in March of '73, with main event of Hulk Hogan defeating Andre The Giant to retain his WWF Heavyweight title, and Ricky Steamboat defeating Randy "Macho Man" Savage to take the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship.  Prior to this match the storyline was developed regarding George "The Animal" Steele having a crush on Miss Elizabeth. The show set an alleged indoor attendance record of 93,173.

i'm born in 85 so i came up watching WWF and WCW during the fabled wars (fun time)  but my cousin fan And he haad stuff from his dad Taped off of tv from the territories so i got to know some classics from that became a huge fan of Flair, Ronnie Garvin, Stemboat, Stan Hansen (Bradshaw/JBL is a total hansen ripoff, lol) Arn, Tully.  Got to see older stuff.  Lou thez, Bruno Sanmartino.

Not gonna lie.  i love the business.  Still watch it today.  My fav guy is Walter/gunthar.  such a classic throwback heel in the BEST way.

Mick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm born in 85 so i came up watching WWF and WCW during the fabled wars (fun time)  but my cousin fan And he haad stuff from his dad Taped off of tv from the territories so i got to know some classics from that became a huge fan of Flair, Ronnie Garvin, Stemboat, Stan Hansen (Bradshaw/JBL is a total hansen ripoff, lol) Arn, Tully.  Got to see older stuff.  Lou thez, Bruno Sanmartino.

Not gonna lie.  i love the business.  Still watch it today.  My fav guy is Walter/gunthar.  such a classic throwback heel in the BEST way.

Mick

Cool! In 86 I married and moved to South Florida, when it started up again, by way of ESPN showing AWA, and a whole new gang:  Nick Bockwinkel, Verne & Greg Gagne, The Midnight Rockers, Larry Zybysko, and this huge, hairy, bearded crazy man named King Kong Bruiser Brody.  By the time the AWA died, something really nuts began in 1994 when a rogue element of the NWA on the East Coast broke off and went hardcore, bringing on ECW and a whole other group of crazies.  I still miss that gang.  Nowadays I'm still watching, mostly AEW and TNA.  My main man is Jon Moxley, the guy can be bleeding like a stuck pig and just keeps coming on.

• Like 1