Myles Goodwyn has died

BastillePark

Awww, RIP. :rose:  I always liked his voice.  People of our general age got to hear so much good rock, but now it seems like we are seeing a lot of it pass away as well.  Wrap Geddy and Alex and Paul McCartney in bubble wrap!  Keith Richards, too!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Never got into this band, but Goodwyn had a great voice.

I liked the shoutout the Trailer Park Boys gave them in the episode where Ricky kidnapped Alex.

RICKY:  Hey, play "I Like To Rock."

ALEX: That's April Wine

RICKY:  Well play that "Diane Sawyer" song, just f**kin' play something.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Wonder how many times Just Between You and Me has been played at weddings? 

One of my favorite tunes. Lovely lyrics. 

ands even got French in it. How you goin to beat that? :laugh: 

April Wine is a cool band name. Always liked his voice. 

I'll try to check out maybe some more of their songs. 

Edited by Inthend
  • Like 2

Great voice and a heckuva guitar player.  Nature of the Beast was one of my most played albums in the early 80s.  Killer tunes beginning to end.  Beyond that album, Roller and I Like to Rock are all time classics.  

RIP Myles

• Like 1

My band played Roller and Just Between You and Me in the 90’s. I had a bass/six string, double neck, and Taurus pedals that we would use for the middle of Roller. For Just Between, We changed the French line in the last chorus to “Voulez-vous ménage-a-trios, means that our love will be with three”, and cracked up at the audience reactions anytime they caught it. 

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

He had a long career. I remember when they did a push to get popular overseas in the early eighties and kind of marketed as a heavy rock/metal band. They were not. They were a rock band with some heavy moments and much more softer moments. Electric Jewels and Stand Back were my favourite records. Harder Faster too. Too much so-so material for me to put them in a top tier level, still a Canadian Rock legend. Thanks for the music Myles, you were a good one

• Like 1

I saw them live in Manchester, I think they were headlining a triple bill, and they were very proficient but not really my thing. I listened to Harder…Faster the other day and it was much better than I remembered. 
RIP.