2023 College Football thread

On 9/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, pjbear05 said:

Michigan State coach Mel Tucker suspended without pay pending an ongoing investigation of sexual wrongdoing.  Another "he said, she said" consensuality issue.

'Bama loses, but is #10 in AP Coaches Poll.  WTF?

Tucker left Colorado in the lurch in 2020 when he lied to the boosters and said he was there for the long haul when he knew he had already accepted the coaching job at MSU.  You think MSU would do a better job of screening people after the gymnastics abuse scandal, guess time will tell.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:34 AM, Rhyta said:

As I said, he has only won 2 games, let's see if he can continue.  He's made the Colorado fans happy but I think his ego is overblown. I didn't like the way he came in and kicked people out and brought family and friends in to replace them, kinda cut throat approach.  Just IMHO

I can't speak for Rhyta, but I'll take a run at him: he's an asshole, full stop. Now, maybe being such a person is necessary for success at his level, and I won't begrudge him that, but a person doesn't have to yap all the time to be recognized as great. Sometimes, people don't have to "back up" their antics with their play because their play speaks for itself. So there's years of tape on this guy being very impressed with himself. He took on a reclamation project with an HBCU, started to build something up, and then ditched that program as soon as a D1 school winked at him, wrecking Jackson St's prospects, essentially telling an entire subset of Black schools "you're not good enough to be interesting, so see ya." Then when he gets to Boulder, as Rhyta mentioned, he dumped most of the team -- and filmed himself doing it, turning 18- to 20-year-olds trying to live their dreams into NPCs for The Deion Sanders Experience, starring, written, directed, and produced by Deion Sanders.

I'm still sorry the Cowboys ever signed that guy.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 9:25 AM, Nova Carmina said:

I can't speak for Rhyta, but I'll take a run at him: he's an asshole, full stop. Now, maybe being such a person is necessary for success at his level, and I won't begrudge him that, but a person doesn't have to yap all the time to be recognized as great. Sometimes, people don't have to "back up" their antics with their play because their play speaks for itself. So there's years of tape on this guy being very impressed with himself. He took on a reclamation project with an HBCU, started to build something up, and then ditched that program as soon as a D1 school winked at him, wrecking Jackson St's prospects, essentially telling an entire subset of Black schools "you're not good enough to be interesting, so see ya." Then when he gets to Boulder, as Rhyta mentioned, he dumped most of the team -- and filmed himself doing it, turning 18- to 20-year-olds trying to live their dreams into NPCs for The Deion Sanders Experience, starring, written, directed, and produced by Deion Sanders.

I'm still sorry the Cowboys ever signed that guy.

Amen to that, I was hoping the Utes wouldn't have to play against Deion next year but now we are following him to the Big 12 unfortunately.  It's especially sad for Colorado since they had Mel Tucker pull a fast one on them and leave for MSU (karma alert :biggrin:) now they get a chance to have some wins for a change and instead it's the Prime Time show.  Can't get away from this guy fast enough, IMHO...he's even on KFC commercials! :facepalm:  Wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he should get on Ralphie for a ride:unsure:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 11:57 PM, pjbear05 said:

Colorado State marches 98 yards, scores touchdown and 2 point conversion to tie in last minute of regulation.  Woo!

That was a crazy game :ohmy:  CSU almost won.  The fans got their money's worth for sure. 

On 9/14/2023 at 5:43 AM, Rhyta said:

Tucker left Colorado in the lurch in 2020 when he lied to the boosters and said he was there for the long haul when he knew he had already accepted the coaching job at MSU.  You think MSU would do a better job of screening people after the gymnastics abuse scandal, guess time will tell.

MSU AD Alan Haler sent Mel a letter stating his intent to "terminate the agreement for cause"-sounds like Mel is getting the boot.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Utah ties an NCAA record for consecutive years with a pick six, 20! :cheer:

I'm sure Indiana's thrown a pick six for more than 20 years in a row...

:wink:

On 9/19/2023 at 8:35 AM, laughedatbytime said:

I'm sure Indiana's thrown a pick six for more than 20 years in a row...

:wink:

:confused:

6 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Oregon 35-0 at the half vs Colorado.  Yards are 380-23.

Never a good look to get off the team bus and stomp all over the home team's midfield logo! As if Oregon wasn't fired up already! :facepalm:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Oregon 35-0 at the half vs Colorado.  Yards are 380-23.

11 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

42-0 now. I hope Deion has some nice luggage he can put his ass in, now that it's been handed to him. 

5 hours ago, blueschica said:

Never a good look to get off the team bus and stomp all over the home team's midfield logo! As if Oregon wasn't fired up already! :facepalm:

It's only a matter of time before the University of Colorado and the fans fully realize that Sanders will fail them all.  Maybe they've already caught on to his scam.    

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Principled Man said:

It's only a matter of time before the University of Colorado and the fans fully realize that Sanders will fail them all.  Maybe they've already caught on to his scam.    

Don't think that's happened yet, they are just so happy to have 3 wins this year, last year was brutal.  I do love how the Oregon Ducks coach rev'd up the team before the game,  "We are in it to win, they are in it for clicks".  Can we call him Sub-prime now?

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2023 at 2:06 AM, Rhyta said:

Don't think that's happened yet, they are just so happy to have 3 wins this year, last year was brutal.  I do love how the Oregon Ducks coach rev'd up the team before the game,  "We are in it to win, they are in it for clicks".  Can we call him Sub-prime now?

I'd wait.  If SC hands his ass to him this Saturday like the Ducks did, stick a fork in him, he done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I'd wait.  If SC hands his ass to him this Saturday like the Ducks did, stick a fork in him, he done.

I hope so, I am so sick of him already:puke:

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 12:19 PM, pjbear05 said:

I'd have to say jury is still out.  Line this morning was SC -25.

OTOH, Caleb Williams repeat Heisman.

21 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I'd have to say jury is still out.  Line this morning was SC -25.

OTOH, Caleb Williams repeat Heisman.

USC let them back in the game but a win is a win.  I think Caleb isn't a shoe-in,  he has some competition in the PAC along with the rest of the league.  My poor Utes had a lousy day, injuries are killing us.