2023 College Football thread

7 minutes ago, goose said:

Mizzou-LSU has been an good one!  LSU appears to be escaping with a 3pt win

With a minute left, Mizzou forces the three-and-out, getting the ball back on their own ten.  Faced with having to March 90 yards in 40 seconds, they throw a pick six 

2 hours ago, goose said:

With a minute left, Mizzou forces the three-and-out, getting the ball back on their own ten.  Faced with having to March 90 yards in 40 seconds, they throw a pick six 

Yeah, classic Brady Cook performance . . . he threw two interceptions that were turned into 14 LSU points in a game Mizzou lost by ten. He didn't lose it by himself, of course; LSU ran for over two hundred yards against Mizzou's controversial "ole" defense!

• Haha 1

Well, Colorado-Stanford last night went from blowout yawner to a double-OT stunner.  Buffs got up 29-nil only to watch their lead slip away, beginning with a 98-yard breakaway play.  Wild!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, goose said:

Well, Colorado-Stanford last night went from blowout yawner to a double-OT stunner.  Buffs got up 29-nil only to watch their lead slip away, beginning with a 98-yard breakaway play.  Wild!

I see today Coach Subprime questioned his players' desire after the game. Hey, showboat, aren't these the guys you brought into the program? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I see today Coach Subprime questioned his players' desire after the game. Hey, showboat, aren't these the guys you brought into the program? 

The Not Ready For Prime Time Players were great on Saturday Night Live.

These days, not so much.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The Oregon kicker was "well within his range" and had one job but blew it. Good win for the Huskies.

Not to mention straight in line with the posts.  Shank! Guy took a page out of Miami-FSU.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, Nova Carmina said:

He has no one to blame but himself, after all he handpicked these players.  Such a jerk, actually feel sorry for the team to have to put up with his b.s.

• Like 1

Utes have a great win over Cal,  backup QB Barnes playing with sore ribs but does a yeoman's job to get the win. Not at pretty as Cam but gets the job done.  Enjoying the tears of Caleb as Notre Dame hands him his head:laugh:...but Utah has their work cut out for them in So Cali next week :unsure:

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:34 PM, Rhyta said:

Utes have a great win over Cal,  backup QB Barnes playing with sore ribs but does a yeoman's job to get the win. Not at pretty as Cam but gets the job done.  Enjoying the tears of Caleb as Notre Dame hands him his head:laugh:...but Utah has their work cut out for them in So Cali next week :unsure:

Here's to the Utes exposing that fraud even further.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Here's to the Utes exposing that fraud even further.

Yeah let's see if he's as classy this year, he had FUtah painted on his fingernails when we played them in 2022...:angry:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:39 PM, BastillePark said:

Your honor the Utes beat USC, again. Please make them stop.

MAyg6FRl.jpg

He was literally crying, it was such a joke.  This was from last years regular season game.

Edited by Rhyta

Utes Win!!!  34-32:cheer:Our local quarterback did us proud and the team never gave up .  Another fun fact, our kicker Cole Becker who won the game, he was one of the guys Coach Prime cut from the Colorado team..:laugh::clap:  Too bad this rivalry is being stopped by realignment.  This is 3 times in a row we have beat Caleb and his boys...:pirate:

Game Day is coming to Utah this Saturday...Oregon up next :wink:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 11:13 PM, blueschica said:

Penn State now 4-0 after shutting out Iowa! Was hoping Ohio State would lose as well, but that didn't happen. 

I don't wanna piss off Blueschica, but Penn St looked terrible at OSU; their offense could get nothing going and they seemed overmatched. The game wasn't as close as the score made it seem. Now I'll have root for Punch-Me Face Harbaugh and Michigan to beat an Ohio State University.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I don't wanna piss off Blueschica, but Penn St looked terrible at OSU; their offense could get nothing going and they seemed overmatched. The game wasn't as close as the score made it seem. Now I'll have root for Punch-Me Face Harbaugh and Michigan to beat an Ohio State University.

Agreed, they did not look good!  Returning to the home state didn't bring out the best in Drew Allar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BastillePark said:

This year the coach was the only one that went to the post game press thing. I guess his players are too soft to handle tough questions. 

I heard Lincoln Riley was behind that decision, he wanted to be the one to take the heat.

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

There you go injecting facts. Why can't you work with me and let me spin it like I was on Faux News to make it appear like something it's not? :tongue:

Well if you want some conspiracy stuff, now Riley hasn't shown up for practices for a couple of days....hmm what's going on?:unsure:

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Reports are he is ill and "day to day". They haven't said what he is dealing with.

Latest news said mild case of pneumonia, assistant coach has been made temporary coach

The Michigan sign-stealing scandal: What you need to know (a recent newspaper headline)

Dear Headline Writer(s),

I don’t “need” to know any of this.
I don’t want to know about any of this.
I don’t care about any of this.

The information regarding sign-stealing by the University of Michigan football team is not essential to my existence, my well-being or my happiness.

You headline writers insist on irritating me with the redundant headlines What to know…Here’s what to know…Here’s what we know…What you need to know, etc.

I’m starting to think that your headlines are written not by human beings but by computer programs, which people mistake for “AI”.

Stop doing it.   :angry:  :angry:  :wink: 

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Dear Headline Writer(s),

I don’t “need” to know any of this.
I don’t want to know about any of this.
I don’t care about any of this.

The information regarding sign-stealing by the University of Michigan football team is not essential to my existence, my well-being or my happiness.

You headline writers insist on irritating me with the redundant headlines What to know…Here’s what to know…Here’s what we know…What you need to know, etc.

I’m starting to think that your headlines are written not by human beings but by computer programs, which people mistake for “AI”.

Stop doing it.   :angry:  :angry:  :wink: 

:clap:

• Like 1