2023 College Football thread

4 hours ago, goose said:

They should just kill it, already.  It's silly

Not gonna happen any time soon because there's a lot of money tied up in the bowls. Now that there are so many, the NCAA is awash in cash and they don't want to lose that.

• Like 1

Washington trying to cut the early Michigan lead to seven with a touchdown from 1st and goal from the seven.  Run stuffed once.  Run stuffed twice.  Penix run, gets to the three.  UW goes for it on 4th down...pass and catch.  TD Huskies!  :banana:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

2nd half, UW's first play from scrimmage is a pick after Penix hesitates, double pumps and releases anyway.  On the play, Penix is rolled up on by his own lineman.  :facepalm:

9 hours ago, goose said:

Michigan defense rocked the Huskies.  :notworthy:

Congratulations Michigan.  Otoh, I have this itch that indicates Michael Penix might make something of himself in the NFL.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Congratulations Michigan.  Otoh, I have this itch that indicates Michael Penix might make something of himself in the NFL.

I don't think either QB did well for themselves in this game. Penix looks like he needs a perfectly clean pocket to excel. Michigan had him rattled most of the game. JJ has the talent, but never really blew anyone away this season. Reminds me of a Zack Wilson 2.0. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

I don't think either QB did well for themselves in this game. Penix looks like he needs a perfectly clean pocket to excel. Michigan had him rattled most of the game. JJ has the talent, but never really blew anyone away this season. Reminds me of a Zack Wilson 2.0. 

JJ has had his time in the limelight.  I swear I never heard of Zack Wilson until he was playing for the Jets.

• Like 1

It's a done deal, Jim Harbaugh hired as coach of San Diego Chargers. I am at a complete blank as to who the Wolverines will look to for a replacement.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:29 PM, pjbear05 said:

It's a done deal, Jim Harbaugh hired as coach of San Diego Chargers. I am at a complete blank as to who the Wolverines will look to for a replacement.

Won't it just be that assistant coach who filled in when Harbaugh was suspended and beat an Ohio State University? Blanked on the name and can't be arsed to look it up, but it's gotta be that guy, right?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:26 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Won't it just be that assistant coach who filled in when Harbaugh was suspended and beat an Ohio State University? Blanked on the name and can't be arsed to look it up, but it's gotta be that guy, right?

Ok, Sherrone Moore, Offensive Coordinator/interim coach during Harbaugh's suspension, and yeah, looks like he has the inside track-good choice.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2024/01/sherrone-moore-is-the-frontrunner-at-michigan-and-a-waiver-could-expedite-the-hire.html 

Edit:  Done deal

https://www.si.com/college/2024/01/27/michigan-promotes-sherrone-moore-head-coach-jim-harbaugh-departure 

Edited by pjbear05