Envy of None EP on June 9

Weatherman

Brilliant! Can't wait to not listen to it!

• Haha 3

Was not my cup of tea....at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

You guys suck. I really liked most of it. 

My cousin is a chid of the 1990s and doesn't care about Rush. He digs it, a lot.  

17 hours ago, Weatherman said:

You guys suck. I really liked most of it. 

My cousin is a chid of the 1990s and doesn't care about Rush. He digs it, a lot.  

Love you tooooo

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 9:39 PM, Segue Myles said:

But Segue as Mick is now - finally ! 🙃🤣- listening to our beloved :rush: again - don’t you maybe owe it to Lerxst :alex: to at least give it a try ! 😉

2 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

But Segue as Mick is now - finally ! 🙃🤣- listening to our beloved :rush: again - don’t you maybe owe it to Lerxst :alex: to at least give it a try ! 😉

Definitely. I didn't actually dislike the album, I was just being sassy when I wrote that comment 🤣

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 1:49 PM, lifeson90 said:

Great news half a dozen superb tracks on album can't wait for new stuff

Yep, I’m glad that EON are putting out some more new material 👍:yes:

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 11:31 AM, ytserush said:

Seems to really be only one song that's new.  I'll take it, but there is certainly no urgency to get things done. I suppose that's good in a way.

Yeah, I was mostly excited to hear that more is around the corner. Looks like a sequel!

Or maybe they've convinced Alex to think about playing some live dates. We can hope.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2023 at 8:25 PM, Weatherman said:

Yeah, I was mostly excited to hear that more is around the corner. Looks like a sequel!

Or maybe they've convinced Alex to think about playing some live dates. We can hope.

That would be cool but I don't think Alex wants to commit to a tour. Maybe a few gigs here and there but that's really not a part of his life anymore.

I’m enjoying the new EON EP.  The new songs are a nice extension of the first album, and I like “That Was Then” the most.  A little bit more Alex soloing on that song, although it’s just atmospheric riffing behind the vocal parts during the outro.  A little reminiscent of the riffing he does during the Roll the Bones rap section.  

I prefer the original Dog’s Life and Dumb over the remix versions on this release, and not entirely sure of the rationale of remixing these songs, but hey, 5 songs are better than 3!!!

Not a bad addition to my music collection for $5.99!

Rock On EON!!!

• Like 3

On 4/23/2023 at 10:39 PM, Segue Myles said:

Give it a chance. I think it may be your cup of tea. For me it's like that other stuff you listen too, same sort of sensibilities, but much more tastefully done. I can see for miles and miles and miles :wink:

On 4/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, Weatherman said:

In case you missed it--

https://www.loudersound.com/news/envy-of-none-return-with-new-ep

"Stay tuned for more cool news around the corner for EON…” :banana:

I quite like this. Take it for what it is. Discard any memory or association.

I am enjoying the more recent ep just fine, only two songs in. Much like almost anything Alex contributes to or creates on his own, do not expect hints of Rush anywhere. It's not what he does. 

We talk more often about Victor vs. My Favorite Headache. That was the biggest difference. Geddy echoed Rush heavily, Alex not at all. 

I like this a LOT more than Victor.

I like My Favorite Headache more than either, though. 

But this is pretty good stuff. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

I am enjoying the more recent ep just fine, only two songs in. Much like almost anything Alex contributes to or creates on his own, do not expect hints of Rush anywhere. It's not what he does. 

I am thrilled to hear him in a different context. Really and truly. As great as Rush was, he needed to spread his wings. 

It's funny: I think Ged and Neil were more responsible for the Rush sound. In fact, anything Ged does going forward is probably going to sound like Rush. 

But Alex is freer. He doesn't carry that same weight. 

• Like 1

I've listened to the whole ep and listened to the previous album again. 

The new material is MUCH better than the album was. 

So they are going into the right direction, for sure. 

On 8/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, Mosher said:

We talk more often about Victor vs. My Favorite Headache. That was the biggest difference. Geddy echoed Rush heavily, Alex not at all. 

I like this a LOT more than Victor.

I like My Favorite Headache more than either, though. 

But this is pretty good stuff. 

Exactly. Rush is kind of like baggage to Alex at this point. Even when Rush was a going concern, any work he did outside of Rush sounded nothing like it.

I like Victor a lot, but that was more like the kindergarten paintings compared to this.