The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

11 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

It's the obsessive coverage during the week, before the game and after the game.  The press generates it, social media increases it....

So?  What's the problem with that?  Are you being forced to watch ?

6 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

So?  What's the problem with that?  Are you being forced to watch ?

Yes, I am being forced to watch.  Actual guns are put to my head, and they're keeping my eyelids open 24/7.   :wink:

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Yes, I am being forced to watch.  Actual guns are put to my head, and they're keeping my eyelids open 24/7.   :wink:

Is it the psyops guys?  Tay tay fans?  Aliens???

5 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Swift doesn't bother me at all.  It's the media's obsessive coverage of her that bothers me. 

NFL football games should be about the players and what happens on the field - not about the celebrities who are in the audience. 

It reminds me of Laker games and Celebrity Row....what a bunch of hooey.....      

^^^  Maga type

:tongue:

3 hours ago, BastillePark said:

And she had the audacity to say she doesn't support Trump. 

Dear lord are you a Johnny one note.

:zzz:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, goose said:

^^^  Maga type

:tongue:

Miserable And Griping Again  :rage:  :laugh:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

*sigh* welp there it is. 

alot of vitriol here against Campbell. Ok, so how many other teams were 3 points short of the superbowl this year? alot of criticism going for it on fourth downs. well that's how they got here.

fact: their kicker sucks from long distance. so there's no guarantee that he would make a couple 48 yarders. 

In the end, it's a players game. Players gotta catch the damn ball (reynolds). players gotta have ball security (gibbs). CBs can't whiff on interceptions. 

I thought at half time, it was still going to be close. 49ers are too good to roll over for an entire game. 

Lions still set up nice for next year with no critical free agents and $61m in cap space (to buy some CBs please). 

At least they didn't shit the bed like the Ravens.

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The Lions coach was doing what he's been doing all year. IMO when you're in that situation you take the points regardless of what you've been doing all year but obviously he doesn't think that way.

https://youtu.be/zdPOBKYfjB0?si=ZRrWQP8KdZvpb7r0

This is NSFW, and LOUD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Someone didn't seem to know what all the ruckus surrounding her is about so I was just letting them know. Is that okay?

People don't like her because she's unimaginably successful and ubiquitous.  Making it about politics is miopic and asinine.

1 hour ago, goose said:

People don't like her because she's unimaginably successful and ubiquitous.  Making it about politics is miopic and asinine.

Maybe you aren't aware of this but in 2020 she said this "After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? 'When the looting starts the shooting starts'??? We will vote you out in November. @realdonaldtrump" she tweeted. 

More recently she's urging her fans to register and vote and the thought is they'd vote Democrat. Her boyfriend is doing commercials for the COVID vaccine which, unfortunately has become political so she's associated with that too. There are many Republican talking heads complaining about her too. I'm not the one making it political.

5 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Someone didn't seem to know what all the ruckus surrounding her is about so I was just letting them know. Is that okay?

4 hours ago, goose said:

3 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Maybe you aren't aware of this but in 2020 she said this "After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? 'When the looting starts the shooting starts'??? We will vote you out in November. @realdonaldtrump" she tweeted. 

More recently she's urging her fans to register and vote and the thought is they'd vote Democrat. Her boyfriend is doing commercials for the COVID vaccine which, unfortunately has become political so she's associated with that too. There are many Republican talking heads complaining about her too. I'm not the one making it political.

It's been made political in this thread. Maybe that's what goose is referring to?

Taylor and Kelce (so CUTE!!! *squeal*) are going to generate an onslaught of LOOK AT US over the next two weeks, and that would be the case whether or not they've made any "I don't know shit but listen to me anyway because I'm famous!" political statements, so that angle doesn't mean much here.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

It's been made political in this thread. Maybe that's what goose is referring to?

Taylor and Kelce (so CUTE!!! *squeal*) are going to generate an onslaught of LOOK AT US over the next two weeks, and that would be the case whether or not they've made any "I don't know shit but listen to me anyway because I'm famous!" political statements, so that angle doesn't mean much here.

Because it's true.  Can't you handle the truth?

14 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

25 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Because it's true.  Can't you handle the truth?

If you want to talk about the politics of Taylor Swift (did I just say that out loud?), please do so in SOCN. We like to keep political discussion confined to that forum wherever possible. Of course, you've been here for 18 years, so you already know this. :wink:

35 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

If you want to talk about the politics of Taylor Swift (did I just say that out loud?), please do so in SOCN. We like to keep political discussion confined to that forum wherever possible. Of course, you've been here for 18 years, so you already know this. :wink:

But the politics of life are entwined with the NFL over Swift, so isn't it ok to discuss both here?  One of the reasons so many are complaining about her vis a vis the NFL is because of her political leanings. 

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

1 hour ago, Mithrandir said:

But the politics of life are entwined with the NFL over Swift, so isn't it ok to discuss both here?  One of the reasons so many are complaining about her vis a vis the NFL is because of her political leanings. 

"The politics of life?" :huh:

Anyhoo, this is a topic about the NFL. Taylor Swift is the biggest pop star on the planet, and because she happens to be dating the best and best-known tight end in the league whose team is again going to the Super Bowl, she's going to become part of the conversation. But we can talk about how annoying all the Swifty Bowl stuff is going to be without including "Traylor's" so-called politics. Politics tends to disrupt threads like this, as we're seeing here, and we'd like to avoid that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, edhunter said:

She played a 3 1/2 half hour show three nights straight, one of those nights in absolute pouring rain this past year here in Foxboro.  She is f***ing incredible. 

I don't know her music beyond that "Never, never getting back together " song from ages ago, but from her success I do know she's an incredible talent and a savvy business person.  Gotta respect that.  And the negative reactions to her being at football games are pure comedy.  "YOU ARE RUINING FOOTBALL!"  :rofl1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, goose said:

I don't know her music beyond that "Never, never getting back together " song from ages ago, but from her success I do know she's an incredible talent and a savvy business person.  Gotta respect that.  And the negative reactions to her being at football games are pure comedy.  "YOU ARE RUINING FOOTBALL!"  :rofl1:

She's the Yoko Ono of the KC Chiefs! :rage:

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, edhunter said:

She played a 3 1/2 half hour show three nights straight, one of those nights in absolute pouring rain this past year here in Foxboro.  She is f***ing incredible. 

I wired 3 5-bed houses in 4 days , all in sub-zero temperatures. I'm f***ing incredible.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, goose said:

She's definitely making football worse!  :laugh: