Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS

A couple of mildly underwhelming moments buried in here between just highlight after highlight, and much better pacing and balance than her debut. You can tell she wanted some more road worthy songs for fans to sing along to at her shows, and I’d say she nailed it. I’m not gonna call the songwriting any more “mature,” but at least there’s more variety in the subject matter this time. I’m calling this an improvement on her already really addictive first album, and I’m super excited for her going forward!

• Like 1

Been really busy the last couple days but not so busy that i didn't have my phone on me.

so these is about 3 days worth of albums.

Between The Buried and me-Colors (9/10

BTBAT-The Great Misdirect (10/10)

Opeth-Blackwater Park (10/10)

Tool-Enema (9/10)

Bohemoth-I Loved You At Your Darkest (10/10)

Porcupine Tree-In Absentia (10/10)

Rupert Holms-Partners in Crime (10/10)

Random  yaht rock tacked on, lol

Mick

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Been really busy the last couple days but not so busy that i didn't have my phone on me.

so these is about 3 days worth of albums.

Between The Buried and me-Colors (9/10

BTBAT-The Great Misdirect (10/10)

Opeth-Blackwater Park (10/10)

Tool-Enema (9/10)

Bohemoth-I Loved You At Your Darkest (10/10)

Porcupine Tree-In Absentia (10/10)

Rupert Holms-Partners in Crime (10/10)

Random  yaht rock tacked on, lol

Mick

I'm hooked on nineties pop and soft rock so I'm giggling at how metal you are

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS

A couple of mildly underwhelming moments buried in here between just highlight after highlight, and much better pacing and balance than her debut. You can tell she wanted some more road worthy songs for fans to sing along to at her shows, and I’d say she nailed it. I’m not gonna call the songwriting any more “mature,” but at least there’s more variety in the subject matter this time. I’m calling this an improvement on her already really addictive first album, and I’m super excited for her going forward!

It's such a terrific album. People keep comparing her to Taylor Swift, and of course I hear it, but she also reminds me a lot of the female singer songwriters of the nineties that had a more rock edge.

She's edgier and I think more settled in herself than Swift. Her music feels less spontaneous and panicky and more acerbic and blunt.

• Like 2

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I'm hooked on nineties pop and soft rock so I'm giggling at how metal you are

WE ARE NEVER IN SYNC!!!!!!!:yes::biggrin::firedevil:

lol

I just got through saying how i'm not a metalhead but never listen to a thing i say guys, lol

Mick

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

It's such a terrific album. People keep comparing her to Taylor Swift, and of course I hear it, but she also reminds me a lot of the female singer songwriters of the nineties that had a more rock edge.

She's edgier and I think more settled in herself than Swift. Her music feels less spontaneous and panicky and more acerbic and blunt.

Totally agreed. I hear a lot of Avril and Alanis going on here. The Swift influence is obvious but it’s certainly not the only thing at play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

WE ARE NEVER IN SYNC!!!!!!!:yes::biggrin::firedevil:

lol

I just got through saying how i'm not a metalhead but never listen to a thing i say guys, lol

Mick

Listen to GUTS! What could be more metal than GUTS! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1