Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Paramore - This Is Why (needed the break I took from this over the summer, now it’s more powerful again)

MisterWives - Nosebleeds (seeing them tomorrow night!)

• Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS

A couple of mildly underwhelming moments buried in here between just highlight after highlight, and much better pacing and balance than her debut. You can tell she wanted some more road worthy songs for fans to sing along to at her shows, and I’d say she nailed it. I’m not gonna call the songwriting any more “mature,” but at least there’s more variety in the subject matter this time. I’m calling this an improvement on her already really addictive first album, and I’m super excited for her going forward!

I love it more than Sour already. I think it has a better balance between rockers and ballads. I found it to be more memorable after my first listen. I bought the Hot Topic exclusive bright blue vinyl, and I spun it for my second listen on Friday. Then, I played along to the whole thing on bass last night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

WE ARE NEVER IN SYNC!!!!!!!:yes::biggrin::firedevil:

lol

I just got through saying how i'm not a metalhead but never listen to a thing i say guys, lol

Mick

The thing is I squeeeeed seeing you play Blackwater Park and I Loved You At Your Darkest...like YAAAAY I love those albums, but don't mind me, I'm binging The Cardigans

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Totally agreed. I hear a lot of Avril and Alanis going on here. The Swift influence is obvious but it’s certainly not the only thing at play.

I also hear a touch of Sheryl Crow and many of the one hit wonder female artists of the time (the nineties was a killer time for female singer songwriters)

• Like 2

REM- Monster 

REM- Automatic For The People

REM- Murmur 

Hands down one of the greatest bands. I just love them, it's been a few years since my last binge of their music. I honestly think they have few duds in their discography, with every album having something I enjoy.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I love it more than Sour already. I think it has a better balance between rockers and ballads. I found it to be more memorable after my first listen. I bought the Hot Topic exclusive bright blue vinyl, and I spun it for my second listen on Friday. Then, I played along to the whole thing on bass last night.

Exactly! Honestly Hot Topic is the perfect place to buy Olivia Rodrigo on vinyl, truly the most aesthetically pleasing experience, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

REM- Monster 

REM- Murmur 

Hands down one of the greatest bands. I just love them, it's been a few years since my last binge of their music. I honestly think they have few duds in their discography, with every album having something I enjoy.

They're amazing. I agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I also hear a touch of Sheryl Crow and many of the one hit wonder female artists of the time (the nineties was a killer time for female singer songwriters)

I almost mentioned Sheryl! Definitely there as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

REM- Monster 

REM- Murmur 

Took me a while to come around on them after I first gave them a try. I think Murmur and Life’s Rich Pageant were what changed my mind.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Took me a while to come around on them after I first gave them a try. I think Murmur and Life’s Rich Pageant were what changed my mind.

Lifes Rich Pageant is my favorite

• Like 2

Olivia Rodrigo-GUTS

oh ho you guysare gonna hate me so much........:no: ironic title since this album has none.

i was just bored the entire time.  maybe it's down to me being not into this style right now.  i'll conceade thsat but i honestlly can't remember a thing on here and it just finish.

just recycled idea after recycled idea.  look i know it's just album 2 so not mad just bored, lol im also sick so i'm cranky.

maybe it's a grower i dunno but i kept checking spotify to see how much was left of the album.

again first listen always room for growth.

you guys didn't expect me to lie to you did you.:biggrin:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Olivia Rodrigo-GUTS

oh ho you guysare gonna hate me so much........:no: ironic title since this album has none.

i was just bored the entire time.  maybe it's down to me being not into this style right now.  i'll conceade thsat but i honestlly can't remember a thing on here and it just finish.

just recycled idea after recycled idea.  look i know it's just album 2 so not mad just bored, lol im also sick so i'm cranky.

maybe it's a grower i dunno but i kept checking spotify to see how much was left of the album.

again first listen always room for growth.

you guys didn't expect me to lie to you did you.:biggrin:

Mick

:16ton:

Honestly I half expected that. There’s always a dissenting opinion in this crowd.

I also half expect you to come around on it in a month or two and not have any recollection of what you didn’t like about it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

:16ton:

Honestly I half expected that. There’s always a dissenting opinion in this crowd.

I also half expect you to come around on it in a month or two and not have any recollection of what you didn’t like about it.

probably, lol.

as it stands i know i sounded harsh but it is a good album.  just not a patch on that debut for me.i plan to spin it again later.  i'll try tonight.  some albums click at night for me.

give me time.

Mick

Mick

• Like 1

Fell asleep drunk on far too much rye whiskey a few nights ago (don't judge!) with Spotify cranked up at full volume. Woke up at 2:15 a.m. with an absolute banger of a track blaring in my ears (I've got a whole month's wages / I haven't seen that much in ages). In my completely addled state I had assumed it was KISS, since I've been exploring their entire discography lately. Loved this driving, chugging sound! (To win means double, and I got me a heavy bet) I've never heard this from KISS! "I must know what track this is!" I desperately thought.

I jumped off the bed, accidentally kicked the poor dog (...and stone cold sweat / Runnin' down the back of my neck!) and fumbled around in the dark seeking my phone while trying to maintain my balance.

Turns out it wasn't KISS at all. It was "Cold Sweat" by Thin Lizzy, a band I've never given a chance to. "The Boys Are Back in Town" has always been an immediate dial-changer for me.

I know what band I'm (finally) exploring next!

Edited by Chronos
Werds.
  • Like 5