Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Paradise Lost- Paradise Lost

This is such a forgotten gem in their catalogue. It came out to great reviews, but it had a muddled release from the label, and wasn't available on streaking for years. It came out in 2005, and I remember seeing a music video for Forever After on a metal music channel and being mesmerised. This wasn't my first album, but it would have been if I could easily have purchased it then.

It may be my choice for beginners. It's just terrific. 

• Like 1

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradise Lost- One Second 

The album where PL really started to play beyond the boundaries of metal. It's a classic now, it was a hit at the time but the fans were divided. Not so much now.

Acclaimed albums like Comalies, Once, The Silent Force really owe the gothic pop stylings of One Second a thanks.

Mastodon- Leviathan 

Greatest metal album of the century? I could get behind that.

• Like 1

Sunday morning background music.   Cool to hear as it's been along time since I heard this album start to finish.

53193918505_115baf98c7_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, custom55 said:

Sunday morning background music.   Cool to hear as it's been along time since I heard this album start to finish.

53193918505_115baf98c7_c.jpg

Interesting.  For the most part, I only listen to this start to finish.  It's more an experience than a collection of songs, if that makes sense.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

You have to understand, I'm not a "real fan."  British Steel to Turbo is peak Priest for me. 

Including Point of Entry.  Oh, the humanity!  :scared:  :smile:

I basically agree with you.  I would only change your point to read "British Steel to Ram it Down is peak Priest for me".  The work before that was good but not as good.  After that you have Painkiller which I don't care for and then Rob left the group and the Ripper era started.  Not remotely as good as the "peak" era or the 1970's Priest.  When Rob came back the group got going again - but again, not as good as the "peak era".  But better than the Ripper era and way better than Painkiller - which I rank at or near the bottom of the Priest barrell.