Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the extended 3 Day long 

UK weekend ( I’ve revisited some albums which I haven’t spun for ages .. each of the below numerous times ) 

Reo Speedwagon, Wheels are Turning

‘84 (8/10)

Journey , Eclipse 2011, ( 9/10) 

under-rated IMO some fantastic heavy riffs from Neal 👍:ROCK:

Def Leppard, Def Leppard 2015 (8/10) 

:rush: Roll the Bones ‘91 

(8/10… by their own very high standards)

Giant, Last of the Runaways ‘89 ( 7/10 ) 

• Like 4

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellen Collie And The Infinite Sadness

White Reaper - Asking For A Ride

100 Gecs - 10000 Gecs

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

• Like 1

Worked from home today so I fired up the record player, pulled out my moving boxes and grabbed more records which I haver unpacked to listen to.  Started with:

The movie sound track for Saturday Night Fever.

This was one my sister got me back in the 1970's.  Even back then I was not thrilled by it and it has not aged well for me.  Will likely sell it to a local used record store at some point.

Next out of the box:

Rush - S & A

What an improvement after the Saturday Night Fever sound track!!!

The last great Rush album.  Yes, their are some weak songs on it ("Bravest Face", "Mal Nar", & "Good News First",) plus some that are at best ok ( "Spindrift" & "Faithless") but there are also a ton of songs I really like ("Working Them Angels", "The Larger Bowl", "The Main Monkey Business", "Far Cry", "Armor & Sword", "The Way The Wind Blows", "Hope", & "We Hold On")  What an album!!!

Next out of the box:

Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East

Far from being their best live album but its a delicious taste of what was to come.  Halford's vocals are awesome and their are a number of really wonderful songs on it ("Diamonds & Rust" (yes, its a cover but it kicks rump), "The Green Manalishi" & "Victim of Changes" are the best - IMO).  

Finally:

Bob Seger - Night Moves

Bob Seger either really appeals to me or he really does not.  His big hits really appeal.  His deep cuts generally don't.  So this album (which I must have bought used in the early 90's when I bought most of my albums - it still has a price sticker of $2.99 on it) has some songs I love like "Mainstreet" (one my 2 favorite songs by Bob Seger along with "Against The Wind"), "Night Moves" & "Rock & Roll Never Forgets".  Plus one song I enjoy ("The Fire Down Below").  "Sunspot Baby" is ok - at best.  The other songs on the album are forgettable for me 

• Like 4

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

In spite of muddy production values, there is little here I would think the band could have improved upon. I just love this album! It gets better and better with age.

• Like 9

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand 

I think this is a masterpiece. Emperor Of Sand, Blood Mountain and Leviathan are flawless masterpieces to my ears.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chronos said:

Deep_Purple_-_Burn.jpeg

🎶 Sheee makes you burn with a wave of her ha-aand 🎶

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
Double Post - sorry ! 🙃

Just now, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:
22 hours ago, Chronos said:

Deep_Purple_-_Burn.jpeg

🎶 Sheee makes you burn with a wave of her ha-aand 🎶

Expand  

️My Fav DP album

• Like 2

Worked from home again so pulled more albums out of the moving box's and fired up the record player agin.  First up:

Guns N' Roses - Rifle Totin' Florists

Never heard of this one?  Its a 1 record boot that was recorded in Pasadena CA 11/30/87,  Decent but not great.  Next up:

Guns N' Roses - Torpo Delux

A 2 record boot.  The first record was recorded in Seattle, the second in NJ.  Not clear when it was recorded.  Again, ok but not really special.  G & R just has not aged well for me.

• Like 1