Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

Styx - The Mission

Two things. The Mission is better than Crash Of The Crown. So Much (For) Stardust is the best FOB record since 2007.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Styx - The Mission

Two things. The Mission is better than Crash Of The Crown. So Much (For) Stardust is the best FOB record since 2007.

I probably prefer Crash but only by a tiny margin

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Styx - The Mission

Crash is a very odd album and thats why I love it, but I always did like Mission better. Its a pure prog experience, a concept album handled very well

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Styx - The Mission

I enjoy both.  But i agree i always found the Mission a hair better.

Mick

• Like 3

Iron_Maiden_-_Senjutsu.jpg

This was only my second listen, inspired by talk of Maiden's current tour that just kicked off. I had played it upon release in 2021, but it overly wearied my ears and struck me as very "samey." I did enjoy it a bit more this time around but I don't anticipate ever feeling the urge to spin it a third time.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Iron_Maiden_-_Senjutsu.jpg

This was only my second listen, inspired by talk of Maiden's current tour that just kicked off. I had played it upon release in 2021, but it overly wearied my ears and struck me as very "samey." I did enjoy it a bit more this time around but I don't anticipate ever feeling the urge to spin it a third time.

i like it more than most fans BUT i see all their points and agree.

it is same-y.  and putting the three long songs back to back........UUUUUUH that was a wrong choice.

I enjoy it.......is it classic?  nah.

Mick

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i like it more than most fans BUT i see all their points and agree.

it is same-y.  and putting the three long songs back to back........UUUUUUH that was a wrong choice.

I enjoy it.......is it classic?  nah.

Mick

I actually think those are the three best songs on the album. The opening track is a dud though. Worst album open in the catalog. Yes, even Futureal is a better opener.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I actually think those are the three best songs on the album. The opening track is a dud though. Worst album open in the catalog. Yes, even Futureal is a better opener.

oh i like the thrree but putting them back to back was still not the best choice.

I used to really defend this hard but honestly nowadays even though i ike it this and the Final Frontier would be at the bottom of the 2000 and on discography.

If you cut some stuff and did a little resequencing you may have a more cohearent listen.

Mick