53 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Avenged Sevenfold- Life Is But A Dream

Brilliant, bonkers album. 

I’ve had this on my list of albums to listen to for a few weeks now

… well I start today ! 
:yes:

• Like 1

Sophie B. Hawkins- Whaler

Her songwriting is layered,  melancholy, ethereal and so beautiful. I find myself falling for her music more and more. As I Lay Me Down as of now is my favourite song. I've been in love with it for months.

13 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Sophie B. Hawkins- Whaler

Her songwriting is layered,  melancholy, ethereal and so beautiful. I find myself falling for her music more and more. As I Lay Me Down as of now is my favourite song. I've been in love with it for months.

Seriously that can't be a real name.  sounds like a name blanche from the Golden Girls would drop in a story.

"so girls i went to the Sophie b. Hawkins cotillion and met bobby b bojangles under the stars when a beam of light hit my cleavage!!!!!"

:biggrin:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Seriously that can't be a real name.  sounds like a name blanche from the Golden Girls would drop in a story.

"so girls i went to the Sophie b. Hawkins cotillion and met bobby b bojangles under the stars when a beam of light hit my cleavage!!!!!"

:biggrin:

Mick

I really do question the lack of a stage name as well. It's completely forgettable!

• Like 2

Jethro Tull - The Broadsword And The Beast (5 Cd + 3 Dvd)

Over the past few days I have listened to this magnificent anniversary edition of Broadsword and the Beast. A few thoughts spring to mind -

- I had forgotton just how good this album was ..... puts the recent so called Tull releases (The Zealot Gene and Rokflot) firmly into perspective as the inferior offerings they are.

- Coming not so far after the Signals anniversary release, it really puts it it to shame. For as little as we got on  the Signals release, here we have a smorgasbord of bonus material ... so so good.

- Listening to the live stuff... Martin Barre comes across amazingly well .... totally integral to the whole Tull sound. Ian, if you are reading this (which of course you won't be) you should hold your head in shame at trying to pass your current load of sidekicks off as Jethro Tull. Not even close Ian.

- Finally, a lavish book with loads of pics and articles etc. (I haven't even had time to go through it yet.) An all round jolly good release.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Jethro Tull - The Broadsword And The Beast (5 Cd + 3 Dvd)

Over the past few days I have listened to this magnificent anniversary edition of Broadsword and the Beast. A few thoughts spring to mind -

- I had forgotton just how good this album was ..... puts the recent so called Tull releases (The Zealot Gene and Rokflot) firmly into perspective as the inferior offerings they are.

- Coming not so far after the Signals anniversary release, it really puts it it to shame. For as little as we got on  the Signals release, here we have a smorgasbord of bonus material ... so so good.

- Listening to the live stuff... Martin Barre comes across amazingly well .... totally integral to the whole Tull sound. Ian, if you are reading this (which of course you won't be) you should hold your head in shame at trying to pass your current load of sidekicks off as Jethro Tull. Not even close Ian.

- Finally, a lavish book with loads of pics and articles etc. (I haven't even had time to go through it yet.) An all round jolly good release.

Yeah it totally shows up RUSH's Signals deluxe edition and not very deluxe at all. 

• Like 5

Heart - Dreamboat Annie

Queen - A Day At The Races (happy 77th birthday Freddie)

Sheryl Crow - C’mon C’mon

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - s/t

• Like 6