The Charismatic Voice Reviews 2112

TheAccountant

It's a great review, saw it yesterday...she always gives some perspective I never noticed before because of her trained ear.

One of the few reactors on YT I would bother with.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

She`s a sweetheart. An ex of mine considered her to be cynically pretending an enjoyment of rock and metal, whereas I believe she is genuinely in awe.

I agree.....if she's an actor then she's a very, very good one.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I agree.....if she's an actor then she's a very, very good one.

I saw most of an interview she did with James LaBrie a while back. Actors don’t get interviews with James LaBrie and have in depth discussions about their technique and their career and their big traumatic vocal injury. She’s the real deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I saw most of an interview she did with James LaBrie a while back. Actors don’t get interviews with James LaBrie and have in depth discussions about their technique and their career and their big traumatic vocal injury. She’s the real deal.

I agree...I was trying to say that in a roundabout way...faking these reactions would be practically impossible.....she's a joy to watch.

• Like 3

Absolutely love her! Her vocal analysis, and her overall knowledge and analysis of music, is very interesting and informative. 

I watched this last night, and it was great to see her pick up on things right away that we've known for years (even going back to our first listening. 

And yes, her constant stopping and listening to the same segment 3-4 times can be a bit frustrating, but it's just indicative of how carefully she is listening, and how much she is enjoying it. 

Now she just needs to listen to some Yes! 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 5:52 AM, Fridge said:

It's a great review, saw it yesterday...she always gives some perspective I never noticed before because of her trained ear.

One of the few reactors on YT I would bother with.

Yes, her and this guy are my two favorite reactors, two people with higher-end musical backgrounds. Really, I look for reactions from musicians as they're less likely to fake their enthusiasm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Absolutely love her! Her vocal analysis, and her overall knowledge and analysis of music, is very interesting and informative. 

I watched this last night, and it was great to see her pick up on things right away that we've known for years (even going back to our first listening. 

And yes, her constant stopping and listening to the same segment 3-4 times can be a bit frustrating, but it's just indicative of how carefully she is listening, and how much she is enjoying it. 

Now she just needs to listen to some Yes! 

She just loves music, and really good music and/or a really good performance gets a genuine emotional response from her. I like her reaction to Tom Sawyer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yes, her and this guy are my two favorite reactors, two people with higher-end musical backgrounds. Really, I look for reactions from musicians as they're less likely to fake their enthusiasm.

I prefer this guy  https://www.youtube.com/@KeyOfGeebz/videos

to Doug, but he's still good.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:48 AM, IbanezJem said:

She`s a sweetheart. An ex of mine considered her to be cynically pretending an enjoyment of rock and metal, whereas I believe she is genuinely in awe.

Oh come on, no woman can fake it that good for that long.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally watched the 2112 review last night.   It's great watching her discover stuff for the first time.  It's also great when she picks up on stuff that I haven't, listening to a song for 30+ years. 

She knows her stuff. 

Edited by grep