What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Damn electric bill jumped up $20 over previous months.  But then again so have the KWHR''s with the AC and fans running full tilt.  Next months bill is going to be brutal.

• Like 2

Driving past the local mall, doing about 45, slightly heavy traffic…..

I look to my left for just a second, right when the vehicles in front of me start hitting their brakes hard…..

I look forward, I GASP, and then I slam on my brakes for at least three seconds…..coming to a stop half a foot away from the pickup truck in front of me.   

At least I got to tell the Grim Reaper, “Not today, Sir.  Not today.”

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

This is sociopathic cruelty.  F everyone of these A$$hole bootlickers behind this.  I expect this in politics lately but this?  Yikes.

https://deadline.com/2023/07/writers-strike-wga-files-federal-complaint-nbcuniversal-construction-1235441167/

Kind of off tangent, but major support to UPS workers on strike on a personal level.  My dad was a mule driver for them in Baldwin Park and Cerritos.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, invisible airwave said:

This is sociopathic cruelty.  F everyone of these A$$hole bootlickers behind this.  I expect this in politics lately but this?  Yikes.

https://deadline.com/2023/07/writers-strike-wga-files-federal-complaint-nbcuniversal-construction-1235441167/

Kind of off tangent, but major support to UPS workers on strike on a personal level.  My dad was a mule driver for them in Baldwin Park and Cerritos.

That does seem like a petty move by Universal.  As for UPS, those drivers deserve to have A/C in their trucks and they do work hard.  I have a relative who is a retiree from UPS and they think the Teamsters are egging them on, says some drivers make more than some management positions.  I think they are asking for more money for the part time drivers but I hope they get it resolved fairly.

• Like 1

Speaking of workers, I wouldn't want to be a construction worker in Texas.  I can't believe how soulless their Gov and Legislature are...making it a punishable offense to allow those workers to have water breaks??  That is a life threatening move in this heat...that really pisses me off.  But Texas is known for doing some stupid stuff.

• Like 1

Idiots on commenting forums PISS ME OFF.  

Can’t even enjoy a good article about a new species of extinct whale that may have been the largest animal ever.   Idiots on the forums just have to trash the place with juvenile remarks about TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP….….

I’m F’ing sick of it.  :rage:

• Like 1

Hearing on the news that realators are approaching the victims of the Maui fires to buy their land.

Bastards will be lucky if one of them doesn't get their ass thoroughly kicked.

• Like 1

I joined AARP today.

:angry:  :thumbsdown:  :rage:  :banghead:

I hope I die before I grow old.  

— Pete Townshend

• Like 4

Cable new programs are getting so irritating, just heard a guy I really like had his show cancelled.  I won't go into detail since it will devolve into political sniping but I am so sick of executives making tone deaf decisions. :gumby:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Cable new programs are getting so irritating, just heard a guy I really like had his show cancelled.  I won't go into detail since it will devolve into political sniping but I am so sick of executives making tone deaf decisions. :gumby:

I was under the impression that a lot of political commentators are on YouTube now to avoid being censored or cancelled...

I just mention this because I love Bill Maher but he gets a lot of flack. 

On 12/2/2023 at 5:53 AM, BigMontanaSKY said:

I was under the impression that a lot of political commentators are on YouTube now to avoid being censored or cancelled...

I just mention this because I love Bill Maher but he gets a lot of flack. 

I was a fan of Bill Maher but over the years he hasn't aged well for me.  At least I found out that the guy I was referring to is going to still be employed by the network but his shows will not be renewed.  Still a bummer though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I was a fan of Bill Maher but over the years he hasn't aged well for me.  At least I found out that the guy I was referring to is going to still be employed by the network but his shows will not be renewed.  Still a bummer though.

Bill's way radical now. I do love him for doing "Politically Incorrect." Most of those eps have aged well. In fact Neil Peart is a guest on one episode lol...

I'm pissed that I might as well pay for Sirius Radio....The radio station selection here is so dismal, it makes sense. UGH......

48 minutes ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Bill's way radical now. I do love him for doing "Politically Incorrect." Most of those eps have aged well. In fact Neil Peart is a guest on one episode lol...

I'm pissed that I might as well pay for Sirius Radio....The radio station selection here is so dismal, it makes sense. UGH......

I remember seeing clips of Neil on Bill's show and he was very rude to him, but that's his style.  He has just morphed into old man yelling at the sky now, he's been unwatchable for 4 years now, IMHO.  I have to say I don't listen to much radio anymore, podcasts have taken up that space for me.

• Like 1

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten those damned hot dogs at the Kwik Trip at 9:00 pm.  I was hungry, and there were many other things to get, but I just had to get the farking hot dogs…..with mustard…..and onions.   

2:00 am:  Massive waves of heartburn.  I have nothing for it, the hotel where I’m staying has nothing…:rage:……..so off I go, back to the Kwik Trip, which is open 24 hours.  

$3.49 for a roll of Tums?  Yes!  Take my money, please!   

• Like 1

Walked out of the convenience store, went up to the car, grabbed the door handle.....and it didn't open.

Once again, I tried to enter a black Chevy Impala that was not mine.  :doh:    There's only about 50 million of them on the street.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:18 PM, invisible airwave said:

To think that I returned after the actor's strike.  Bye, Flixlicia. :moon:

https://www.thewrap.com/netflix-resumes-advertising-x-elon-musk-controversy/

It’s not Netflix’s support of child exploitation or the mutilation of children which drives you away, but the fact that they advertise on a company owned by Musk, who cracks down on sexual slavery and authoritarianism and is a staunch supporter of Israel against antisemitism, which makes you leave.  I’m glad you’re leaving Netflix, but your priorities are disgusting.  

• Like 2