What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Can I EVER have a block of time off from work when it DOESN'T motherf.uckin' rain the entire goddam time?

Can I EVER have a block of time off from work when it DOESN'T motherf.uckin' rain the entire goddam time?

I'll trade 'ya my blowing snow and sub-zero temps!! :LOL: I would LOVE to have your rain.....

So my pickup truck was leaking about a quart/liter of coolant every time I drove it, but I could not find the leak. However, it would be low when I went to drive it, after sitting a period of time. I was concerned about the leak, and I was going to try and find it, during some time I had off on Christmas, but it didn't leak the whole time I was off, and I drove it a bunch. However, when I came home last night, it took 2 gallons of water and was leaking. It took 3 gallons when I got home, but was not leaking, and was not low this morning. However, if figured, since I had the day off, I'd change the water pump. I watched a few you tube videos of the procedure and read several different procedures on online message boards. I get up this morning, and begin the job. It went OK, until I had to get the fan off. I knew this would be a difficult task, by myself, and then t-storms came through, and I had to wait. After the storms I got the fan off and the water pump off and went to the parts store to get the new water pump and I also got a thermostat, since everything was torn apart. For a change, everything was going back together faster than it came off. I only had a few more things to connect when disaster struck:

Aparently, I was supposed to use a special tool to disconnect the transmission cooling lines from the radiator. I simply unscrewed them. Whatever the piece is that is in the bottom of this radiator is loose and simply held together by these connectors, which I was supposed to use the special tool to separate the lines from. However, I had to try and figure out a way to get them screwed in. I tried and I tried and I tried and I tried again and finally I got them connected and got everything back together. So I pour the used coolant that I collected back in the radiator to see if there were any leaks, and SHOCKER! it's leaking from one of those lines. I tried to unscrew it and rescrew it in, and it still leaks. I don't know if I've damaged this thread or what, but I think I have seriously f*cked up.

God dammit I bust my ass, staying out long periods of time to make money, try to be frugal and do things myself, and shit like his always happens. Now, I will probably spend more than what I would have originally spent if I had just took it to a shop. Plus, I wasted my whole day off. UGh.

^^^ Sucks. Been there a few times myself. Trying to save money at every turn can be pressure packed...

So my pickup truck was leaking about a quart/liter of coolant every time I drove it, but I could not find the leak. However, it would be low when I went to drive it, after sitting a period of time. I was concerned about the leak, and I was going to try and find it, during some time I had off on Christmas, but it didn't leak the whole time I was off, and I drove it a bunch. However, when I came home last night, it took 2 gallons of water and was leaking. It took 3 gallons when I got home, but was not leaking, and was not low this morning. However, if figured, since I had the day off, I'd change the water pump. I watched a few you tube videos of the procedure and read several different procedures on online message boards. I get up this morning, and begin the job. It went OK, until I had to get the fan off. I knew this would be a difficult task, by myself, and then t-storms came through, and I had to wait. After the storms I got the fan off and the water pump off and went to the parts store to get the new water pump and I also got a thermostat, since everything was torn apart. For a change, everything was going back together faster than it came off. I only had a few more things to connect when disaster struck:

Aparently, I was supposed to use a special tool to disconnect the transmission cooling lines from the radiator. I simply unscrewed them. Whatever the piece is that is in the bottom of this radiator is loose and simply held together by these connectors, which I was supposed to use the special tool to separate the lines from. However, I had to try and figure out a way to get them screwed in. I tried and I tried and I tried and I tried again and finally I got them connected and got everything back together. So I pour the used coolant that I collected back in the radiator to see if there were any leaks, and SHOCKER! it's leaking from one of those lines. I tried to unscrew it and rescrew it in, and it still leaks. I don't know if I've damaged this thread or what, but I think I have seriously f*cked up.

God dammit I bust my ass, staying out long periods of time to make money, try to be frugal and do things myself, and shit like his always happens. Now, I will probably spend more than what I would have originally spent if I had just took it to a shop. Plus, I wasted my whole day off. UGh.

Can you jerry-rig a fix that will keep it from leaking? Something a step or two above duct tape (which is where I would start, haha).

My husband is pissing me off right now. He doesn't take care of his car, it won't pass emissions, looks like shit, and has a few other issues. So lately he's asking more and more to borrow my car. He's afraid he'll be pulled over for the expired tags.

No. Just no. I kept the Camry for 12 years - he drove it often when I first got it brand-new and treated it like shit. I plan to keep the Element, which I did NOT buy new, for a long time and I want it kept up well. And he's going to have to finance and pay for his next vehicle all by himself, because I really need to refi the house soon and don't need a recent car loan on my record.

Can you jerry-rig a fix that will keep it from leaking? Something a step or two above duct tape (which is where I would start, haha).

My husband is pissing me off right now. He doesn't take care of his car, it won't pass emissions, looks like shit, and has a few other issues. So lately he's asking more and more to borrow my car. He's afraid he'll be pulled over for the expired tags.

No. Just no. I kept the Camry for 12 years - he drove it often when I first got it brand-new and treated it like shit. I plan to keep the Element, which I did NOT buy new, for a long time and I want it kept up well. And he's going to have to finance and pay for his next vehicle all by himself, because I really need to refi the house soon and don't need a recent car loan on my record.

Had a pity party last night. Tried again this morning and then had another pity party. Then got up this afternoon and I said to myself: if you've already cross threaded the fittings you're going to have to buy a radiator and transmission cooling line, so you might as well cross thread them the whole way. So I did. No leak. NO f***ing LEAK. Man, I was so happy. Ran around the countryside with straight water and still no leak. Came home and replaced with 50/50 mix and replaced 1 quart of transmission fluid, and it seems to be ok! I saved a ton of $ and gained experience.

Mara , I don't want to trash Dear Hubby because I'm unfamiliar with those makes and models. I've seen cars where the front tire and suspension had to be removed to change a power steering pump. The smaller the car the harder it is to work on.

However, changing the oil, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, egr valve , pcv valve, and wipers, are things that can easily be done and should be done. Transmission flushes and differential fluid changes need to be done in a shop. No shame in that at all.

Stories about Chrysanthemum firework bombs surface on a daily basis in Denmark. A guy blew himself up New Years Eve. These bombs are extremely dangerous and it seems now that people have died from using them, people are now getting rid of them left and right leaving them to innocent to find. A guy even had 49 of these stored in his home. 49 will be more than enough to level a brick house!

What pisses me off is the carelessness of those people. What infuriates me is people who discards their bombs on a kindergarten playground! What the f***ing f**k?!!

http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/images/nordjyske.story/2015_01_04/5fd1d7bc-5afd-4f17-ad5e-1a301be59563.jpg?max-width=612&height=459&crop=auto&scale=both&bgcolor=white

Ugh! Just got word that mom's latest chemotherapy has not worked. Not only has the tumor in the liver grown 2 more cms, but it has spread to her vertebrae(remember this is metastisized breast cancer from years ago that has been jumping all over the damned place). GOD DAMMIT! The doctor says that he is giving her another week off from chemotherapy while he tries to research another type of chemotherapy that will (hopefully) work. Stupid f***ing cancer.

After changing heater blower motor resistor the fan sounds like it's running on hamster power than electric power as it's squeaking like the little furry fellas wheel .. new motor required.. at £75.

Ugh! Just got word that mom's latest chemotherapy has not worked. Not only has the tumor in the liver grown 2 more cms, but it has spread to her vertebrae(remember this is metastisized breast cancer from years ago that has been jumping all over the damned place). GOD DAMMIT! The doctor says that he is giving her another week off from chemotherapy while he tries to research another type of chemotherapy that will (hopefully) work. Stupid f***ing cancer.

Sorry to hear :( ...

God dammit I bust my ass, staying out long periods of time to make money, try to be frugal and do things myself, and shit like his always happens.

It is a small comfort, but I assure you that you are not the only one this happens to.

God dammit I bust my ass, staying out long periods of time to make money, try to be frugal and do things myself, and shit like his always happens.

It is a small comfort, but I assure you that you are not the only one this happens to.

...keep holding on till dawn...
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear :( ...

Thanks. Life is about to get real, now.

This damn cold,

Sick of blowing my nose. :madra:

If your cold is anything like the one my husband and I had in early November, I know what you mean. Not only that, kept me awake for a few nights because I couldn't breathe through my nose at all.

• Like 1

This damn cold,

If your cold is anything like the one my husband and I had in early November, I know what you mean. Not only that, kept me awake for a few nights because I couldn't breathe through my nose at all.

Yeah,

It's just like that. But during the day it runs like a river. :P

This damn cold,

Yeah,

Sounds like the same. The good news is that it is of short duration for a cold - no more than a week. :)

• Like 1

This damn cold,

Yeah,

Sounds like the same. The good news is that it is of short duration for a cold - no more than a week. :)

Hope so,

We are both suffering from it.

• Like 1

Forgot my ATM card when I went to work. Realized this just before I was about to get cold coffee and tuna sandwich at 7 Eleven before I hopped on the bus with my bus pass. Good thing I had about $4 and some change for vending machines on work breaks otherwise I'd have to resort to freeganism on the trash cans.
  • Like 1