What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 24 2011, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:25 AM)
Got friendzoned today by the girl I've had a crush on for three months.

Wanna know what's even better? A mutual friend told me, not the girl herself, which really pissed me off.

Would you really like to have heard directly from her that she doesn't like you the way you'd like? It's not like it would have been easy on her to do that. And why would she have to do that anyways? The bright side is that you can move on and not have a continuous crush that wouldn't have gone anywhere. Besides, being friends with girls can be a good thing: attractive cool girls (that you're friends with) often have attractive cool friends (that you can easily be introduced to). There's always a bright side to these kinds of things. trink39.gif

...that is, if I correctly understand what friendzoned means... unsure.gif

I "friendzoned" my husband and left him there in that zone for two years. We still spent an awful lot of time together - after the initial "zoning" it ceased to be awkward.

Then we dated for 8 months, got engaged, and were married 8 months after that. It's a great thing to marry someone who is not only the love of your life, but also a close friend. Highly recommend it.

I don't get this friendzone business. I always presumed that the chain of events was friends - close friends - in a relationship - marriage. Getting 'involved' with someone and then finding out later they are the most annoying/boring/whatever person, seems a bit daft to me.

The friendzone is just a stage (in my opinion). Sometimes you go further, sometimes you don't. And sometimes you are in it for longer than others.

Anyway, whats the hurry. Getting into a relationship too young is probably the biggest mistake I've made in my life.

Possibly lost my best friend who just called my crush 'f***ing stupid'. Mess with the person I love and you get it, but now I'm regretting every single word.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 25 2011, 12:31 AM)
Possibly lost my best friend who just called my crush 'f***ing stupid'. Mess with the person I love and you get it, but now I'm regretting every single word.

so wait, is it a "crush" or are you "in love"? To lose a friend over someone you're just crushing on seems a little silly.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 25 2011, 01:12 PM)

so wait, is it a "crush" or are you "in love"? To lose a friend over someone you're just crushing on seems a little silly.

This.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 25 2011, 03:12 PM)

Not 'in love' in the sense of being romantically involved. It's more a crush than actual love in the romantic sense. At the moment, I love her as a friend but not as an actual partner. I know it does seem silly, but emotions right now between members of my family are pretty high. Seems that I'm about to explode every time someone talks to me.

My hardest classes all decided they needed to give us long exams today.

At least it's over with, though.. But geez! It's like they're conspiring against us all.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 25 2011, 05:37 PM)
reading that Steve Howe's playing lacks emotion. I'm going to listen to the Yes Album now.

ohmy.gif

Obviously that was written by someone who doesn't understand emotion or guitar playing. sarcasm.gif

About one minute after 10 AM this morning, some dumbass called me. I let it ring, of course and he left a message.... then called back again immediately! As if it's not stressful enough trying to get good tickets.... angry.gif

Not so much pissed off as discouraged, as a parent.

I try and try and try - and my almost-teenager is really slacking off in school. He made a C on a math test that I just found out had the EXACT problems they worked in class, AND it was multiple choice.

How does he make a C on this test?

I know, everyone tells you that the teen years are challenging. That doesn't change how discouraged I feel right now with how well I seem to be doing raising him and teaching him how important it is to do his best.

A little anxious, a little overwhelmed, a little worn out.

But, the littlest one is in his crib taking a catnap and the other one is playing quietly by himself as the house was recently really busy and chaotic. God bless toddlers. Their everlasting energy needs to be bottled by someone. They'd make a fortune.

Unloading... I like that people feel comfortable enough with me to tell me things, sometimes very private things. I listen and help when they ask and I am truly flattered that people know they can confide in me. But sometimes the helper needs help and I am tired.

Somewhat, I'm stuck at work due to the snowstorm here in DC after 12 hours. Atleast I don't have to battle getting through that mess outside. I grew up in Boston and 6 inches is nothing but around here they think it's the end of the world.

I live in South Florida now and I can't wait to get back there.

We recently had a seating chart change in my art class and at first it wasn't so bad.. until I got to somewhat know the guy who sits to my right.

Just today he was texting under his desk ("Really?! In an art class!? It can't wait forty minutes?") and when the teacher asked him to put it away he quickly slipped it into his pocket and denied everything. He kept mumbling things like "She stupid!" even when she walked away (and he continued to refuse to hand over his phone). I got so fed up I hissed at him, "We get it." He kind of glared at me and said, "You stupid."

I seriously wanted to just smack him and say "How stupid do you think people are!?" Or at least flick paint at him.

Such a stupid thing for him to get defensive over, though. Just hand over the stupid cell phone and get on with your life! He eventually got a referral and so the rest of the hour I got to spend in peace...

At least the girl on his right is one of my best friends, so we ranted to each other on the way out. And the girl on my left is actually a decent, nice person and I'm happy to help her when she asks for my advice or critiques.

But people like that guy..! Oh well. He's a freshman. He'll learn.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 26 2011, 10:40 PM)
A little anxious, a little overwhelmed, a little worn out.

But, the littlest one is in his crib taking a catnap and the other one is playing quietly by himself as the house was recently really busy and chaotic. God bless toddlers. Their everlasting energy needs to be bottled by someone. They'd make a fortune.

Unloading... I like that people feel comfortable enough with me to tell me things, sometimes very private things. I listen and help when they ask and I am truly flattered that people know they can confide in me. But sometimes the helper needs help and I am tired.

hug2.gif Sometimes you just need to be there for yourself, eh?

Getting annoyingly woken up at 6:30 this morning to shovel snow. And my mother does NOT know how to wake people up without pissing them off! Flipping on lights, yelling, being very impatient....it really puts me in a mood which lasts the whole f*ckin day angry.gif

And WHY 6 in the f***ing morning! Nobody's going to work today! It can't wait a couple of hours?! I can't wait to get the hell out of Connecticut...