16 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Radiohead - In Rainbows
    • Cheap Trick - Dream Police
  2. 2. band

3. 3. song

• Radiohead - 15 Step
    • Cheap Trick - Dream Police

Strangely enough, the loudest concert I ever attended: Cheap Trick at the Shrine Mosque, Springfield, MO, Fall of '88.

Cheap Trick for band, "Dream Police" for song; I punted on album and flipped a coin -- it came up Radiohead.

In Rainbows only because I've heard it a lot and only streamed DP a few times and it's the last decent album Radiohead made. If it were against he last two sleeping pill albums from Thom Yorke, DP would easily win.

I really like A Moon Shaped Pool! It's a dreamy record.

I pick.......

NONE! :P

I like the first three Cheap Trick albums. "Live At Budokon" too!

Funny, give me the first three Radiohead albums too. "Pablo" "The Bends" and "OK Computer."

Yeah, nothing tops The Bends and OK Computer in Radiohead's discography. I dig a lot of their later stuff as well... but at heart I'm always more partial to the records that rock the most! Lol.

• Like 1

I pick.......

Funny, give me the first three Radiohead albums too. "Pablo" "The Bends" and "OK Computer."

Yeah, nothing tops The Bends and OK Computer in Radiohead's discography. I dig a lot of their later stuff as well... but at heart I'm always more partial to the records that rock the most! Lol.

Hahaha! SAME! I don't understand the band changing their sound. It's the same thing with UPOO. Oh well! That's Life!

I pick.......

Hahaha! SAME! I don't understand the band changing their sound. It's the same thing with UPOO. Oh well! That's Life!

It was a 90s thing. Everything turned upside down, and being popular became directly inverse with having any self esteem. Radiohead were trying to do anything that would take them out of the public eye and make everyone forget about Creep. Instead they made more and more ambitious works of art that critics and fans of more progressive and experimental stuff ate like hot cakes! As for U2, it was the opposite. I think Bono and The Edge sensed that they would become passé if they kept to the stadium rock sound they had pioneered, and they had a hunch dance music was going to get really popular again. Both hunches proved to be correct, and they remained popular and full of hotter and hotter air.

• Like 1

I pick.......

It was a 90s thing. Everything turned upside down, and being popular became directly inverse with having any self esteem. Radiohead were trying to do anything that would take them out of the public eye and make everyone forget about Creep. Instead they made more and more ambitious works of art that critics and fans of more progressive and experimental stuff ate like hot cakes! As for U2, it was the opposite. I think Bono and The Edge sensed that they would become passé if they kept to the stadium rock sound they had pioneered, and they had a hunch dance music was going to get really popular again. Both hunches proved to be correct, and they remained popular and full of hotter and hotter air.

Excellent analysis amigo! I agree with you! It's fine that both of these bands wanted to change. I know Thom hates "Creep." I saw Radohead at The Greek in Berkeley like 4 years ago. I think that was the time when his life partner passed away. It was one of the most boring, depressing shows of my life. I had to walk out during "Paranoid Android."

It's amazing that UPOO stayed relevant with their change, but I guess the Euro Dance Shit was Hot then! I can't stand it. They tried to get that rock pop sound back but they became one of the most boring bands in the world to me. It's always driven me crazy being a drummer. Larry is a great fuckking drummer and they just put him in the corner after "Rattle." Sucks.

• Like 1