The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Isn’t this what happened with Tokyo too?

Pyeongchang, if we're talking about the last NHL-less Olympics.

Tokyo 2020 Summer Games were forced to have their Olympics this year, postponed due to Covid. Pyeongchang in 2018 was the league not allowing them to participate.

I think it would be smart to postpone this time as well but China isn't going to admit that Covid is a problem. Feel for the athletes who have trained so long to compete and may not have another chance. The NHL players will still have their league play and that makes it less of a wrench to not compete. The other athletes roll the dice and take a chance. Wish they didn't have to make that choice.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Predators 6 Hawks 1 :16ton: When these goalies go back to the AHL, can they take the defensemen with them? Also, seven goals for Kane, three for Toews, that's not going to cut it, I'm afraid. 11-16-4

Flames 5 Hawks 1 :ph34r: King's magic is fading more and more with each game. 11-17-4

The time off hasn't helped, both teams they played were having winning streaks right before the pause. Tonight's game looked good through the first and they still had a chance to tie it up. The substitute goalie made some great saves or the score would have been higher. But now they get to play the Avs next so their work is cut out for them.

Edited by Rhyta

Avalanche 4 Hawks 3 in OT. :moon: Makar decided to start the penalty shootout a little early. 11-17-5

That was quite the shot, very exciting game.

• Like 1

Pens extended their win streak to 9 with a 5-3 comeback win over St. Louis tonight! (Almost afraid to say anything . . .).

Crosby had an eventful game - after he scored the game-tying goal, the Blues claimed Crosby interfered with goaltender Jordan Binnington. Officials reviewed the sequence but saw no goaltender interference by Crosby. As a result, the Blues were issued a delay of game minor due to the unsuccessful coach’s challenge. On the following power-play chance, the Penguins took the lead for good.

Crosby also ended up with stitches after a run in with Blues defenseman Miikola during the second period. Never a dull moment!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Pens extended their win streak to 9 with a 5-3 comeback win over St. Louis tonight! (Almost afraid to say anything . . .).

What's that? Did you say something? I can't quite hear you over the sound of my sobbing and primordial screams of rage . . . was only able to tune in when we were up 3-2, and I said to myself, "That'll be a good win, that" . . .

• Like 2

What's that? Did you say something? I can't quite hear you over the sound of my sobbing and primordial screams of rage . . . was only able to tune in when we were up 3-2, and I said to myself, "That'll be a good win, that" . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's worse is that I have the flu and lost track of the days! Pens won #9 on Wednesday night against the Blues and then won #10 Thursday night 6-2 against the Flyers. On a roll! But yeah, that comeback against the Blues was harsh.

• Like 2

For all of the N.H.L. teams, the regular season would be half way, but games were, and have been postponed, and need to be rescheduled. They should, and will be coming up. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Two great games Saturday, Avs vs Leafs and Hawks vs Knights. Just saw them both Sunday, had a family gathering Saturday night. Leafs thought they had it in the bag but Avs just cranked it up. Makar had another goal and MacKinnon was a beast. Good to see Francouz back in net and doing good.

Happy for Fleury to get a win against the Knights, figured they would light him up after that sad game against the Coyotes. This team hasn't got their mojo back after a forced pause by Covid and I worry since Kane can't seem to score goals. He's a great play maker and has assists in the last 4 games but not up to his usual pace.

• Like 2

Two great games Saturday, Avs vs Leafs and Hawks vs Knights. Just saw them both Sunday, had a family gathering Saturday night. Leafs thought they had it in the bag but Avs just cranked it up. Makar had another goal and MacKinnon was a beast. Good to see Francouz back in net and doing good.

Happy for Fleury to get a win against the Knights, figured they would light him up after that sad game against the Coyotes. This team hasn't got their mojo back after a forced pause by Covid and I worry since Kane can't seem to score goals. He's a great play maker and has assists in the last 4 games but not up to his usual pace.

Gotta love Fleury! We still miss him in Pittsburgh. He got a cool thing with his win against the Knights- he is the only goalie ever to have beaten all 32 teams in the NHL! The win against the Knights was the last one he needed- he never got it before because he was playing for them (of course. :) ). https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2022/01/09/fleury-stops-31-shots-in-return-to-vegas-blackhawks-win-2-1/49628295/

• Like 3

Brad Marchand gets a high stick to the nose, and bleeds all over the ice. Gets it tapped up[ and goes back on the ice to finish the game. ( Broken nose) Since then he keeps scoring, and winning. He even got a hat trick one night ! He's my t-shirt for the day.

Cant imagine a ball player going back in the game after something like this. A ball player would be out for a week .

https://fb.watch/axj2nu5x-X/ Marchandfunny.jpg

Edited by Chicken hawk
  • Like 1

Brad Marchand gets a high stick to the nose, and bleeds all over the ice. Gets it tapped up[ and goes back on the ice to finish the game. ( Broken nose) Since then he keeps scoring, and winning. He even got a hat trick one night ! He's my t-shirt for the day.

Cant imagine a ball player going back in the game after something like this. A ball player would be out for a week .

I saw the game (tv) he's luck he didn't lose his nose.

• Like 1

This past summer, my son was playing in a hockey tournament. A kid got the butt of a stick in his face, was bleeding, and came off the ice and went into the locker room. I was talking to my son's high school coach at the time (it wasn't a high school team, but the coach was there), and the kid came out of the locker room and walked over to us (he doesn't play with my son, but he knew my son's high school coach). The coach asked if the kid was OK, and he showed us his tooth had been knocked out. The coach asked if he wanted to see the EMTs that were at the rink. The kid shrugged his shoulders and said, "Nah, I'm gonna go back out." :hockeygoon: :lol:

• Like 5

I saw the game (tv) he's luck he didn't lose his nose.

That nose? I'm pretty sure he'd have no trouble finding it.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned