The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

:chickendance: Colliton fired as coach of Blackhawks! :chickendance:

About time! But instead of putting Crawford in charge, they bring in the Rockford coach again. Rinse and repeat :smash:

At least the team got a win in OT for him, remains to be seen how it goes from here :eyeroll:

They're already saying they may keep King if things go well in the next little while. Not much hope of that since he's never coached in the NHL either.
  • Like 1

About time! But instead of putting Crawford in charge, they bring in the Rockford coach again. Rinse and repeat :smash:

At least the team got a win in OT for him, remains to be seen how it goes from here :eyeroll:

They're already saying they may keep King if things go well in the next little while. Not much hope of that since he's never coached in the NHL either.

I don't get it, Crawford is right there under their noses and they won't give him a shot. Crawford has a Calder Cup, a Stanley Cup, international coaching experience, Olympic coaching, youngest coach to win the Jack Adams and 3rd youngest coach to reach 400 wins...what the hell is wrong with them? I looked at his career and he has bounced around a bit but has taken teams to the playoffs multiple times. He's the reason Austin Matthews played a year in the Swiss League, he obviously knows his stuff. :huh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

I don't get it, Crawford is right there under their noses and they won't give him a shot. Crawford has a Calder Cup, a Stanley Cup, international coaching experience, Olympic coaching, youngest coach to win the Jack Adams and 3rd youngest coach to reach 400 wins...what the hell is wrong with them? I looked at his career and he has bounced around a bit but has taken teams to the playoffs multiple times. He's the reason Austin Matthews played a year in the Swiss League, he obviously knows his stuff. :huh:

There was that investigation into Crawford's past treatment of players, but he was cleared of any drastic action. Maybe the Hawks did ask him and he turned them down, knowing the job would probably be on interim basis. Plus, I think they moved him now to coach the D-men specifically as King wants to change the "defensive structure" there.
  • Like 1

Hawks 3 Penguins 2 in SO. :) A very good chance for three in a row on Friday. 3-9-2

Good game, Fleury was making crazy saves. Too bad we got caught in the 3rd, one borderline goal..Kane must feel snake bit..3 chances to seal the deal and no go. The Cat comes through again. Not to get too over confident but with Coyotes and Kraken on the horizon could have more wins. :hockey: :yay:

• Like 1

Man the Avs do not look good at all

Have had too many players missing, having Makar gone for awhile is gonna hurt.

Now MacKinnon is out with a lower body injury, 10 days or more. This is a lousy start for them.

Can I just say that ESPN really suckered the NHL, there are hardly any games on basic cable. I can remember being able to find a game somewhere most nights when NBC was in charge. If you don't have ESPN+ then you are out of luck. One pitiful game on TNT on Wednesday (after wrestling of course :eyeroll:) and maybe NHL Network has a game twice a week. :eh:

Now MacKinnon is out with a lower body injury, 10 days or more. This is a lousy start for them.

They're looking pretty good tonight

• Like 1

Hawks 2 Coyotes 1 :) ESPN's play-by-play was conducted by a woman who has never heard the national anthem at a Hawks game. :facepalm: She was a tad better than the lady doing the girls under18 hockey tournament taking place right now in Iceland. :P Also, maybe it was just my feed, but the sound of the broadcasters was about a second ahead of the picture on the screen. :moon: Very annoying. You knew Ladd was going to score on us. Arizona's 3rd pick overall from 2015 returns the favor. :cool: 4-9-2
  • Like 1

They're looking pretty good tonight

I didn't realize when I posted that Makar and others would be returning. It was a much better game, starting to look more like the team we saw last season.

Hawks 2 Coyotes 1 :) ESPN's play-by-play was conducted by a woman who has never heard the national anthem at a Hawks game. :facepalm: She was a tad better than the lady doing the girls under18 hockey tournament taking place right now in Iceland. :P Also, maybe it was just my feed, but the sound of the broadcasters was about a second ahead of the picture on the screen. :moon: Very annoying. You knew Ladd was going to score on us. Arizona's 3rd pick overall from 2015 returns the favor. :cool: 4-9-2

It is their try-outs for replacing Foley and the same on the radio too. Rotating different people to see who will take their place. I listened more to the radio, muted the tv. Caley Chelios was doing a decent job and her dad showed up in the third period to talk too. I am looking forward to when Patrick Sharp shows up, miss seeing him. Guess he is working with the University of Vermont hockey program now.

Edited by Rhyta

West Coast games only tonight...Hawks against the Kraken. Can they make it 3 in a row? Avs vs Canucks, think Avs got this even with Compher out as well as MacKinnon. Kings v Caps....see if Kings can keep Ovi from scoring.
  • Like 1

Hawks 4 Kraken 2 :pussy: Hattrick for DeBrincat - goal. assist, fight. 5-9-2

DeBrincat is the shortest guy on the team, even shorter than Kane, glad he stuck up for his line mate. 4 wins in a row! Crawford is now Assistant Manager, listened to King talk before the game and he announced that. Happy for the guys.

• Like 1

DeBrincat is the shortest guy on the team, even shorter than Kane, glad he stuck up for his line mate. 4 wins in a row! Crawford is now Assistant Manager, listened to King talk before the game and he announced that. Happy for the guys.

My daughter - now living in the heart of Seattle - was at the game. While the team is pretty bad, she says the arena is fantastic.
  • Like 2

My daughter - now living in the heart of Seattle - was at the game. While the team is pretty bad, she says the arena is fantastic.

I have heard a lot about it, love how much thought was put into it to make it so climate friendly. They use cisterns to catch rainwater and use it for the ice and Zamboni as well as treat it for other uses. I watched the game last night there against the Avs and the broadcasters were wowed by it. Gives me a reason to think about going to Seattle again...really cool.

As far as the team goes, this is usually how an expansion team does. The exception of the Las Vegas Knights going to the finals in their first year is not going to happen again any time soon. So to be a fan of the Kraken you are going to have some rough times for a while. I do like their logo and uniforms too.

• Like 1

I have heard a lot about it, love how much thought was put into it to make it so climate friendly. They use cisterns to catch rainwater and use it for the ice and Zamboni as well as treat it for other uses. I watched the game last night there against the Avs and the broadcasters were wowed by it. Gives me a reason to think about going to Seattle again...really cool.

As far as the team goes, this is usually how an expansion team does. The exception of the Las Vegas Knights going to the finals in their first year is not going to happen again any time soon. So to be a fan of the Kraken you are going to have some rough times for a while. I do like their logo and uniforms too.

The only logo in the NHL that never looks upside down at center ice wherever you may be at the stadium.
  • Like 1

She's actually a Blackhawks fan, so she enjoyed the game quite a bit! Her cousin (her roommate) works for the Kraken, so they'll be going to quite a few games.

f00eeedf965511f1eacc785fe99d9609.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned