The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Crazy scores tonight 10-7 Leafs v Wings 1-0 Pens v Rangers. Avs are really rolling now :popcorn:

Do you think McKinnon should've been suspended for that slash on the linesman?

I'm a bit late in responding, but no I don't. I listened to discussions on it and heard the linesman said he believed MacKinnon was slashing at the player he lost the faceoff to so I figure if he didn't think it was directed at him personally that's that. I think the Boston folks were ranting about it because they think he got special treatment and they are p.o. about Marchand's suspension (which is over now but it was a point of contention then). I will say MacKinnon has been a bit more testy since he came back from the stick to the face incident but he's always been pretty rough and tumble.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Blues 4 Hawks 0 :facepalm: Can we have Hjalmarsson replace Murphy on Thursday? Give me some relief! :rage: 19-27-8

I sure miss him, Hawks could use his help. Will be nice for him to be honored before the game.

• Like 1

Hawks 4 Oilers 3 in OT. :) The team continues with their hiring of inexperienced people. This time it's Davidson taking the GM spot. :facepalm: 20-27-8

My thoughts exactly, what was the point of having a committee to review the selection when they went with the interim guy that the Wirtz family wanted... :smash:

• Like 1

Flyers 4 Hawks 3 :| There was a long line of Flyers trying to go after the 5' 7" DeBrincat. :moon: 20-28-8

It was looking good for the Hawks then Flyers decided to wrestle after every play :eyeroll: Crazy to think Hawks haven't won in Philly since '96 (in the regular season). At least they have that win in 2010 :D

• Like 1

Hawks 4 Oilers 3 in OT. :) The team continues with their hiring of inexperienced people. This time it's Davidson taking the GM spot. :facepalm: 20-27-8

My thoughts exactly, what was the point of having a committee to review the selection when they went with the interim guy that the Wirtz family wanted... :smash:

I don't know what they didn't like about Chiarelli. He basically created the Bruins in the last decade and they're still relevant in the league, unlike the Hawks. I wouldn't be surprised if Davidson picked Olczyk for the coaching job. It would be par for the course with this team lately.
  • Like 1

:hi: Hi Guys! Long time no see! I hope all is well with y'all! I have been superdeduper busy as of late! Me Bolts doing good & holding there own statistically (down by 1 now in the 1st to the Blackhawkrush Blackhawks). We have been toggling between 1st place/2nd place with our Atlantic division rivals Florida Panthers. We are in 2nd place now. It appears the team to beat this season is the the Avs! With the best record in the entire NHL all I can hope is they go on and win the Presidents Cup! :D

GO Bolts!!! âš¡âš¡âš¡

:hockey:

• Like 2

Lightning 6 Hawks 3 :facepalm: I can't believe Crawford is telling the penalty killers to defend this close to their goalie. It almost looks like a 5 on 3, which is easy pickings for teams in this league. :huh: 20-29-8

:hi: Hi Guys! Long time no see! I hope all is well with y'all! I have been superdeduper busy as of late! Me Bolts doing good & holding there own statistically (down by 1 now in the 1st to the Blackhawkrush Blackhawks). We have been toggling between 1st place/2nd place with our Atlantic division rivals Florida Panthers. We are in 2nd place now. It appears the team to beat this season is the the Avs! With the best record in the entire NHL all I can hope is they go on and win the Presidents Cup! :D

GO Bolts!!! âš¡âš¡âš¡

:hockey:

Well they won the President's Cup last year and they won it in 2001 when they won the Cup. So they are due, Go AVS!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Panthers bitch slap the Sabres, 6-1.

Remote got a major workout, toggling between this and the Heat throttling the Rockets, 123-106.

Life is peachy.

Hawks 8 Ducks 3 :) Wow, they scored more than Bayern. Ducks looked like they walked to Chicago for this game. 21-29-8

Good to see Kane on a scoring streak, he's been doing great on the assists but I love to watch him get the goals too. :drool:

Strome is doing great yet I hear talk of trading him..maybe that will be off the table now?

• Like 1

Hawks 8 Ducks 3 :) Wow, they scored more than Bayern. Ducks looked like they walked to Chicago for this game. 21-29-8

Good to see Kane on a scoring streak, he's been doing great on the assists but I love to watch him get the goals too. :drool: Happy for Toews to get a short handed one too.

Strome is doing great yet I hear talk of trading him..maybe that will be off the table now?

Good to see Kane on a scoring streak, he's been doing great on the assists but I love to watch him get the goals too. :drool:

I'm a little suspicious he wants to get out of Dodge.

Bruins 4 Hawks 3 :sigh: This time, the magic of "17 seconds" went the other way. 21-30-8

That was a really good game, the Hawks were hanging in there, blasted bad bounce did them in. Glad they are still working to keep the games close, not giving up since they won't be making the playoffs. Trade deadline makes me nervous, guess we will see what happens.

(Don't know why I had the double post...been happening off and on..weird)

• Like 1

Hawks 6 Senators 3 :) Kane is 311 points behind Stan. Never was a Murphy fan, but I am now. Hope everything is fine with him. 22-30-8

Was a scary start to the game, haven't heard any update on Murphy, let's hope he's going to be ok. Great to see Kane and Toews scoring together again.

• Like 2

Hawks 6 Senators 3 :) Kane is 311 points behind Stan. Never was a Murphy fan, but I am now. Hope everything is fine with him. 22-30-8

Was a scary start to the game, haven't heard any update on Murphy, let's hope he's going to be ok. Great to see Kane and Toews scoring together again.

Concussion protocol. It could've been a lot worse. We lost Johnson also...again. Edited by blackhawkrush

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned