The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Tampa's Post Season starts Monday @ Toronto. The consensus by most lightning fans is since Toronto has not won anything to write home about since 2004, Tampa will breeze right by them! Myself hold a more cautious optimism regarding this round! I believe Toronto is more formidable than years past! I think the Lightning are still working (across the board) on concerning issues! I think Toronto is going to bring everything thing the have & the kitchen rink with it! Tampa cannot afford to look past the Leafs! I believe this will be one of the toughest series of the playoffs for  Tampa! Only time will tell!! 

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:smhockey4:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Tampa's Post Season starts Monday @ Toronto. The consensus by most lightning fans I'd since Toronto has not won anything to write home about since 2004, Tampa will breeze right by them! Myself hold a more cautious optimism regarding this round! I believe Toronto is more formidable than years past! I think the Lightning are still working (across the board) on concerning issues! I think Toronto is going to bring everything thing the have & the kitchen rink with it! Tampa cannot afford to look past the Leafs! I believe this will be one of the toughest series of the playoffs for  Tampa! Only time will tell!! 

Let's GO Lightning!!!

I hope the bolts send the laffs to 2067.

• Like 1

Panthers start thier playoff tonight against Washington, and frankly, I'm concerned.  Ovie is back practicing with the Caps, and if his recovery worked out, it could get ugly real quick.  GO CATS!

5 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers start thier playoff tonight against Washington, and frankly, I'm concerned.  Ovie is back practicing with the Caps, and if his recovery worked out, it could get ugly real quick.  GO CATS!

To be honest, it's always been ugly for the Panthers in the postseason. They're doing a great imitation of the Sharks...so far. 

• Haha 1

Tampa gets a thorough 5 - 0 ass whooping from the Leafs in game one! Some here say it's over while others are saying it's only just begun! On to game 2 Wednesday!!!

Let's GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 1

Avs start tonight with Landeskog back, even with Saros out it will be a tough series vs Preds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs start tonight with Landeskog back, even with Saros out it will be a tough series vs Preds.

Nashville hasn't been the same team since Arvidsson left. Colorado in five, maybe four. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

I think 73 is probably as happy as you are right now.

Good one! My bad. Rangers, Islanders, it's been a long day. :b_sigh: My late college roommate (cancer really does suck)  was a huge Rangers and Yankees fan and I have been thinking if her a lot recently so I have Rangers on the brain. I keep track of a lot of teams since we have lived in 5 different states but New York metro area wasn't one of them; I should pay more attention though. :facepalm:

Edited by blueschica
??
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

To be honest, it's always been ugly for the Panthers in the postseason. They're doing a great imitation of the Sharks...so far. 

Yep, it started out as expected, but got ugly in the 3rd period.  Reminded me of my homies the Red Wings.

Avs just stomped the Preds.  Saros being out put them at a big disadvantage.  Good to see MacKinnon ramp it up and Landeskog back too.  Kadri didn't let himself get pulled into a stupid penalty this time.

I was really surprised to hear Pens were down to their 3rd string goalie in the OT.  When I stopped watching, the Rangers goal had been disallowed for goal tender interference.  That was a wild one.   Gotta love playoff hockey :biggrin::smhockey4:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Avs just stomped the Preds.  Saros being out put them at a big disadvantage.  Good to see MacKinnon ramp it up and Landeskog back too.  Kadri didn't let himself get pulled into a stupid penalty this time.

I was really surprised to hear Pens were down to their 3rd string goalie in the OT.  When I stopped watching, the Rangers goal had been disallowed for goal tender interference.  That was a wild one.   Gotta love playoff hockey :biggrin::smhockey4:

Yes, the Pens game ran so long that by the time we were able to see the Avs it was already 6-1 for them!  Wild night!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Game 2 tonight! Do me Bolts strike or be stricken!!! Only time will tell!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Bolts KA & TN!

• Like 1

The duration of the first Pens/Rangers game was inducing flashbacks of the April 24, 1996 game between the Pens and the Capitals (fifth longest game in NHL playoff history).  The following day seemingly everyone was asking, "So, did ya stay up 'til the end of that game last night?"  That game proceeded through the steps of "Gosh, this is going on a bit" to "Okay, this is getting ridiculous" to "Dang it, I'm seeing this through to the end!"

• Like 2

Whew!  Avs win in OT, Cale Makar with GWG.  All Hail Cale :notworthy:

I give kudos to the goalie for Preds, he was lights out most of the night.

• Like 2

Cats TN & KA to even series 1-1.

Funky Buddha is doing a Fan Gathering at their brewery/pub for game 3 tomorrow afternoon, might just drop by, quaff a few pints, and cheer the Panthers on.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:55 PM, pjbear05 said:

Bolts KA & TN!

I may be a bit behind the times, so please forget when I ask the actual meaning of 

KA & TN...

Oh wait I just had an epiphany!

Kicking Ass & Taking Names?? 😆

Game 3 Tonight! Back home at Amalie & I will be there! Hopefully the energy that showed up on the lightnings end game 2 will make another appearance tonight! Looking forward to a hell of a game! The crowd should be fired up! I know I will be...

Let's GO Bolts!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I may be a bit behind the times, so please forget when I ask the actual meaning of 

KA & TN...

Yeszir!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

KA & TN...

Fehervary, Snively, Fjallby, Fucale...with names like that, that's a job and a half.  :wacko: 

• Like 1

Well Game 3 "turd' out to be a $#!T Show on ice for Tampa! Taking a 5-2 loss (2 of the Leafs 5 were empty netter's) for Toronto to go up 2-1 in round one. As a Bolts fan it was one of those games that made me ask myself, Is Toronto that good? Or is Tampa just that bad? Mix in some horrid calls (and no calls) by the refs and it was a long night for Tampa! Tampa tried to dig deep and make things go their way in the 3rd by pulling within one (3-2). However playing catch up all night the late effort was indeed too little too late! On a lighter note it was really nice to be back in Amalie for playoff hockey they always do a lot of special effects & such for the post season! It's just to bad the Lightning couldn't complement the house!!! On to game 4 Sunday.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Well Game 3 "turd' out to be a $#!T Show on ice for Tampa! Taking a 5-2 loss (2 of the Leafs 5 were empty netter's) for Toronto to go up 2-1 in round one. As a Bolts fan it was one of those games that made me ask myself, Is Toronto that good? Or is Tampa just that bad? Mix in some horrid calls (and no calls) by the refs and it was a long night for Tampa! Tampa tried to dig deep and make things go their way in the 3rd by pulling within one (3-2). However playing catch up all night the late effort was indeed too little too late! On a lighter note it was really nice to be back in Amalie for playoff hockey they always do a lot of special effects & such for the post season! It's just to bad the Lightning couldn't complement the house!!! On to game 4 Sunday.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Did you sing 'Sweet Caroline?'  :scared: 

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned