The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Great night for Cale Makar, tied and broke the record for most goals by a defense man in Avalanche/Nordiques history, 24. This kid is simply fantastic and fun to watch.

On a side note, I posted a memory about my Mom and hockey in Random Samples. She's the reason I am a hockey fan. It was fun seeing her get Marcel Dionne's autograph and then the whole Denver team's too (Mike Richter was their goalie then).

• Like 1

Lightning are officially in a full blown slump dropping 3 in a row to NYR at home Carolina away and Bruins away!Slipping to 4th place in the Atlantic it has been a very long time since I have seen this team lose 3 in a row and be so far behind in the standings! We play a matinee today at Detroit... Maybe we get back on track today!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockey:

Tampa gets the OT win in the motor city today! One goal losses can be deflating and one goal wins can be exhilarating! Hopefully the slump is over! Still have one more road game tomorrow against the 73 Islanders! Looking back this time last year me Bolts went 5-7 and still went on to win the Cup! Only time will tell!

Let's GO Lightning!!!!

:hockeygoon:

Tampa gets the OT win in the motor city today! One goal losses can be deflating and one goal wins can be exhilarating! Hopefully the slump is over! Still have one more road game tomorrow against the 73 Islanders! Looking back this time last year me Bolts went 5-7 and still went on to win the Cup! Only time will tell!

Let's GO Lightning!!!!

Correction; Tampa dropped 5 out of 7 this time last year...

Sabres 6 Hawks 5 :facepalm: It takes talent to be up 4-0 and still lose in regulation, although there was a huge assist by Lankinen on the final Buffalo goal. 24-33-10

Lankinen had been doing great early on but the lousy defense gets the blame if you ask me. That last goal was a flukey one, just snuck in behind his skate where he couldn't see it as he was trying to close the gap. I don't blame him for it IMHO.

Very depressing to see them blow the lead like that..

Last night's game between the Avs and Flames was fantastic, just like a playoff game. Bet we will be seeing them play for the Western Conference title. :drool: :D :clap:

Apparently, the Blues will be just fine . . . as long as we can play the Canucks every night.

Related question for any Canadian friends: Is "Canuck" not a slightly derogatory term? Or is it like "Yankee" for an American?

Apparently, the Blues will be just fine . . . as long as we can play the Canucks every night.

Related question for any Canadian friends: Is "Canuck" not a slightly derogatory term? Or is it like "Yankee" for an American?

It was an American slang term for Canadians that first surfaced in 1835 from a literary source. It was directed at Dutch (including Germans) and French speaking people. It is used fondly as a nickname, nowadays. I didn't read the book in order to check the term context, though.

Apparently, there is some "Hawaiian" history to the term also. The spelling of Canuck also varies.

The Vancouver Canucks were named after a 1950's superhero "Johnny Canuck" and a previous Junior WHL team of the same name.

Ok ... news to me

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 2

Lightning 5 Hawks 2 :sigh: Question: Why now? Foley: Sometimes you just know. :yes: To call all the losing yet to come, no thanks. 24-35-10

At least they didn't score 11 on them like the Pens just did to the Red Wings..The Coyotes are still limping along so we have a chance of a win Sunday.

• Like 1

Lightning 5 Hawks 2 :sigh: Question: Why now? Foley: Sometimes you just know. :yes: To call all the losing yet to come, no thanks. 24-35-10

Great game last night! Looks like Tampa has worked through it's slump and things are starting to click with new additions & the loss of familiar faces. Highlight of the evening was the tribute to Tyler Johnson! Nice video and a standing ovation by a full house! Even got some stick banging by his new team mates! As far as hockey goes it was basically the puck doing everything good for the bolts. Such as a blind pass from point to Stamkos for a score and a between the legs pass by Nick Paul to Ross Colton for a score and nothing good for the Hawks. Up next we go again tonight vs the Habs! Hopefully another good outing for Tampa extending the win streak to 5!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Avs v Pens was a great game, Avs took this one 3-2. Both goaltenders made great saves, close checking. Rematch on Tuesday in Pittsburgh. :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Well Tampa was definitely in the driver's seat a bringing it to Habs last night! However somehow Elliot proved he is indeed human even after making some monster blocks! Pair that with the rest of the squad seeming to take their foot off the proverbial pedal. Tampa drops a 5-4 decision in a shoot out! Me Bolts still come away with a much needed point and it was nice to see another Lightning Icon in the bldg. last night! None other than the legendary Martin St. Louis! Who is now the coach for the Habs. I would say he showed the Habs organization he has the ability to coach his team up from looking like a loss to a win! Next up on Monday another one of the Bolts division rivals come to town as we host Toronto! Tampa really need to come awywit 2 points! Only time will tell!!!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockey:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/blackhawks-icons-make-surprise-visit-jonathan-toews-1000th-game-ceremony

Maybe they were distracted by so many video tributes to Toews. Great to see Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Shaw there. Crawford was in the crowd too. Congrats to Captain Serious for 1,000 games :clap: :ebert:

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsport...h-game-ceremony

Maybe they were distracted by so many video tributes to Toews. Great to see Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Shaw there. Crawford was in the crowd too. Congrats to Captain Serious for 1,000 games :clap: :ebert:

Yes, only memories remain. :sigh:
  • Like 1

But some memories last forever

Though it's just a memory,

some memories last forever!

• Like 2

Those 3 Cups were earned by their hard work and they were fantastic to watch and enjoy. I never get tired of watching Kane in 2010 slip the puck in the net and the confusion that followed. :heart: :yes: :yay:

Tonight Hossa signs a one day contract and retires as a Hawk :D :ebert:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned