The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Kraken take down the Capitals 5-2. My daughter saw the Seattle win from row 17 tonight. Lucky girl!

ETA: She just texted me how thrilling it was to see Ovechkin play...and score.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Flames 5 Hawks 2 :| It didn't look as bad as the score would indicate. 6-11-2

Fleury was making fabulous saves, it was tied until under 3 minutes left in the game. Two empty net goals were the difference. Next is Arizona so maybe they will get another win. :yes:

• Like 1

Fleury was making fabulous saves, it was tied until under 3 minutes left in the game. Two empty net goals were the difference. Next is Arizona so maybe they will get another win. :yes:

Breaking news: The city of St. Louis has been moved to Arizona. :o
  • Like 1

:facepalm: Senior moment :blush: Don't know where I got that from :laughing guy:

• Like 1

:facepalm: Senior moment :blush: Don't know where I got that from :laughing guy:

Wishful thinking, no doubt. ;)
  • Like 1

Hawks 3 Blues 2 in OT :) A pleasant surprise. 7-11-2

Was happy to hear about this game after we got back from the Utes game. Khaira had a goal, wasn't expecting that. Toews would have had his first goal of the year if it hadn't been offside... :sigh:

• Like 1

Hawks 3 Blues 2 in OT :) A pleasant surprise. 7-11-2

Was happy to hear about this game after we got back from the Utes game. Khaira had a goal, wasn't expecting that. Toews would have had his first goal of the year if it hadn't been offside... :sigh:

Khaira could not have messed up that chance. In fact, my grandmother would've scored from there. :cool:
  • Like 1

Avs were nowhere in the game against the Stars but they have been on fire overall.

They made up for it Saturday, 6-2 against the Preds. Makar is such a pleasure to watch, that kid is like a mini me of MacKinnon. When Mac comes back, they could be very scary.

Sharks 2 Hawks 0 :banghead: I wonder who Dale Tallon would've picked for us in the 2019 draft if he had the chance, because Kirby Dach is rapidly turning into a Dylan Strome. :| 7-12-2

I am actually surprised Hawks beat the Blues so things could be a lot worse. Reimer was having a great game, they couldn't buy a goal. It will look like a positive after they get run over next by the Caps. :scared:

• Like 1

A quarter of the 2021-22 N.H.L. season has been played, and so far, with having the most points, the Toronto Maple Leafs are tied for first place in the Eastern Conference, and overall, in the N.H.L. Edited by Derek19

Claude Lemieux's kid is a biter. :D Not surprising.

Had a feeling he was related to Claude, you could always count on Lemieux to mix things up and especially during the playoffs. That fight with the Red Wings when he was on the Avs was brutal.

• Like 1

A quarter of the 2021-22 N.H.L. season has been played, and so far, with having the most points, the Toronto Maple Leafs are tied for first place in the Eastern Conference, and overall, in the N.H.L.

Avs are coming to town, will be interesting to see how that game goes. MacKinnon is expected to play.

Bruins are sitting in 5th place.

Marchand Suspended Three Games for Slew-Footing

slew footing ? haha

In the league’s video, the Department of Player Safety explains why Marchand’s slew-footing rose to the level of a suspension.

• Via the explanation, Marchand used both his upper and lower-body to bring Oliver Ekman-Larsson to the ice as an especially dangerous example of slew-footing.
  • The speed at which they were both traveling also factored into the decision.
  • Of course, the NHL also cited Marchand’s “relevant history” of suspensions, including that previous slew-footing incident.

This isn't the first time he's done this and that's why he got 3 games. He had fun hassling Panarin this week and got him fined for throwing his glove. Marchand loves to be a pest and and PITA, comes with the territory.

• Like 1

Hawks 4 Capitals 3 in SO. :) I knew we had it made when Washington didn't score on the breakaway in the first minute. 8-12-2.

If you had asked me earlier today, I would have said Caps were going to hand Hawks their heads. Fleury and the posts was fun to watch, they sure were his pals. I think this shows how much a coaching change has helped. Bowman wouldn't admit he made a mistake and kept Colliton too long. This is a much better trend, still have a way to go but it is great to stop Ovechkin from scoring against them :D And Kaner got the winner in OT!!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned