The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Very fast start for the Avs, poor Fleury looked like he was shell shocked. Didn't help 2 Hawks ran into each other. Got better but I think the altitude was more of a factor, Avs were passing Hawks by and got caught flat footed. Ok, knew that was going to be a tough start so maybe the Devils will be an easier match.

TNT coverage was a surprise, they actually did a good job and brought some more of the NBC folks with them, Carter, Kenny Albert, Eddie and Panger. Gretzky was nice to see again, he's a nice guy. I could have done without all the slobbering over Oveckin :eyeroll:

Like the little changes like showing the shots on goal and when there is a power play a circle shows up on the ice to show the time counting down. At least there isn't a glow puck :lol:

Devils 4 Hawks 3 in OT. :facepalm: If you can't beat one of the worst teams in the league, who can you beat? I hope Colliton doesn't finish the season with the Hawks. This game was painful to watch.
  • Like 1

Penguins 5 Hawks 2 :eyeroll: And the beat goes on. There must've been about seven 2 on 1 breaks for Pittsburgh in this game. Good thing the third period went by in a flash. What have they done to my team?
  • Like 1

So me Bolts get 2 OT wind in a row!

7-6 over the Redwings Thursday!

2-1 over the Capitals Tonight!

Both great wins! However tonight Kucherov labors off the ice late in the 3rd with what seemed to be a lower body, specifically left leg injury...

Up next Tampa hosts the Panthers Tuesday!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

Devils 4 Hawks 3 in OT. :facepalm: If you can't beat one of the worst teams in the league, who can you beat? I hope Colliton doesn't finish the season with the Hawks. This game was painful to watch.

They were hard to watch, especially with goals in less than 20 seconds into the first period 3 games in a row???? :banghead:

Colliton is way in over his head, better do something now about it...oh yeah it's up to Bowman.. :eh: it's going to be a bumpy ride.

• Like 2

They were hard to watch, especially with goals in less than 20 seconds into the first period 3 games in a row???? :banghead:

Colliton is way in over his head, better do something now about it...oh yeah it's up to Bowman.. :eh: it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Remember how they fired Savard after only a few games to start the season? The same should happen here. If we don't have anyone on the horizon, give the job to Crawford. At least he won a Cup in this league. Memo to 73: If the Isles don't score on us in the first 60 seconds on Tuesday, your team sucks.
  • Like 1

If there is anything close to a true rivalry in the modern era NHL, it will be tonight! The battle of Florida! Lightning VS Panthers! The show in Amalie should be nothing short of a "Slugfest!" What two other teams traded 47 penalty minutes in a fricken PRESEASON GAME!!!

If that doesn't say enough for sincerest disdain, nothing does!

Go BOLTS!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Remember how they fired Savard after only a few games to start the season? The same should happen here. If we don't have anyone on the horizon, give the job to Crawford. At least he won a Cup in this league. Memo to 73: If the Isles don't score on us in the first 60 seconds on Tuesday, your team sucks.

The Isles didn't score until the second period but Hawks look lost, don't know what it is going to take to get them a win. :facepalm:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Islanders 4 Hawks 1 :16ton: ESPN update: Chicago has not led in any games this season.

ESPN's hockey coverage is pretty awful. It's amateur hour over there.

Ferraro sounding like he has a bunch of noodles in his mouth doesn't help.
  • Like 1

The Isles didn't score until the second period but Hawks look lost, don't know what it is going to take to get them a win. :facepalm:

Possibly Vancouver. They may be even worse than us.

Canucks 4 Hawks 1 :zzz: Come on, Bowman. Fire this guy already.

It's like Groundhog Day...we can't get out of this loop.... :rage:

• Like 1

One can see how even just a few missing key pieces can make a noticeable difference.

Tampa falls to Colorado 4-3 in an OT Shootout.

It seems Tampa is struggling to gain traction as their record after 5 matches is 2-2-1... I don't think it's time to panic as Tampa is historically a slow starter. However with that said from what I have seen some concern may be in order. Up next the Bolts travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres.

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockey:

Wings 6 Hawks 3 :P At one point, Colliton took a time out and gave the board to Kubalik and DeBrincat to draw up a play. :facepalm: How much longer? 0-5-1...Chi-cago sucks! Chi-cago sucks!
  • Like 1

Wings 6 Hawks 3 :P At one point, Colliton took a time out and gave the board to Kubalik and DeBrincat to draw up a play. :facepalm: How much longer? 0-5-1...Chi-cago sucks! Chi-cago sucks!

Only bright side today was Vegas was shut out and doesn't have a power play goal yet this year. Karma baby! :laughing guy:

Kane and Crawford out for Covid protocol. Thought things were picking up when Tyler scored but no. I noticed that white board hand over, think he's throwing in the towel. Please give Crawford the job, he has to be better (does have a SC ring too). I kept watching even though it was torture, just kept hoping something would go their way.. :facepalm: :eyeroll:

• Like 1

Only bright side today was Vegas was shut out and doesn't have a power play goal yet this year. Karma baby! :laughing guy:

Kane and Crawford out for Covid protocol. Thought things were picking up when Tyler scored but no. I noticed that white board hand over, think he's throwing in the towel. Please give Crawford the job, he has to be better (does have a SC ring too). I kept watching even though it was torture, just kept hoping something would go their way.. :facepalm: :eyeroll:

And the Hawks have set a record for the longest time without a lead to start a season. Edited by blackhawkrush

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned