The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Hawks 5 Blues 1 :) No TV coverage in Chicago or St. Louis, but my trusty sports site had the Blues app feed. It started with some pompous commentary from the Blues radio crew, but that went away as soon as the Hawks began scoring.

Yeah I looked for it,didn't have any luck. Sounds like the Hawks did much better this time. Only 8 days until the season opener! :hockeygoon:

The Blues had a strong line-up for this one: Krug, Parayko, O'Reilly, Perron, Saad, Neal, Bozak...but they had a crappy goalie in Husso.

Pre-season, shmeeson.

Hawks are advertising Belle Tire on their helmets. How about your team?

If the Hawks are shilling Belle Tire, you can be sure the Wings will also. Belle has a huge presence in Detroit.
  • Like 1

Hawks are advertising Belle Tire on their helmets. How about your team?

If the Hawks are shilling Belle Tire, you can be sure the Wings will also. Belle has a huge presence in Detroit.

Yeah, I was surprised by the pick for the same reason, but the Wings have Meijer on helmets.

Florida Panthers captain Aleksander Barkov inks an 8 year, $80 million contract extension with the Cats.

"I'm really happy to stay here for a long time. Now the work starts again."

• Like 1

The Chicago Blackhawks are advertising Belle Tire on their helmets. How about your team?

For sponsors, and advertisements on their helmets, I know the Toronto Maple Leafs had Scotiabank.

• Like 1

Hawks 5 Wild 1 :) 3-1-2 in the pre-season. I'd take that in the next six games. Power play looks awesome, maybe better than ever in the Toews/Kane era. Let's hope it stays that way.

Didn't Toews have 2 PPG? That's great to hear. I recorded the game, will watch tomorrow. Had to watch my Utes beat USC first :dweez: :clap: :yes: :cheerleader:

• Like 2

Tonight is the season openers, will be watching the Kraken to see how they do. Then tomorrow it's the Hawks vs Avs....that's a hard one for me. Not sure who to cheer for, like both teams :huh:
  • Like 2

Watched about 5 minutes of Pens v Bolts and had to let it go. Sean McDonough and Ray Ferraro are boring af. If this is what ESPN is offering us we're all screwed. To be continued...

Edit: At least Bucigross and Co. are making it interesting. But overall, I'm not impressed.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/hockey-fans-disappointed-by-espn-announcer-list-absence/ar-AALAxHr

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Pens over Lightning, 6-2. :ebert: I wasn't expecting that, especially without Crosby and Malkin. Tristan Jarry had 26 saves, and new acquisition Brian Boyle scored one in the 2nd period. Go Pens!
  • Like 2

Watched about 5 minutes of Pens v Bolts and had to let it go. Sean McDonough and Ray Ferraro are boring af. If this is what ESPN is offering us we're all screwed. To be continued...

Edit: At least Bucigross and Co. are making it interesting. But overall, I'm not impressed.

http://www.msn.com/e...ence/ar-AALAxHr

I hope they will get things settled down but now I remember how I didn't care for Steve Levy and Barry Melrose does not look well. Bucigross at least got a "twisted wrister" in for good measure. Glad to see more carry over with Boucher and AJ . Kevin Weekes and Linda Cohn were an odd combination, she doesn't really like hockey and her forced enthusiasm is obvious. Even Messier and Chelios seemed forced and awkward. Enjoyed the Kraken giving Vegas a run for their money.

Tomorrow may be the clown show on TNT, hope they prove me wrong. :eyeroll:

• Like 2

http://www.msn.com/e...ence/ar-AALAxHr

I hope they will get things settled down but now I remember how I didn't care for Steve Levy and Barry Melrose does not look well. Bucigross at least got a "twisted wrister" in for good measure. Glad to see more carry over with Boucher and AJ . Kevin Weekes and Linda Cohn were an odd combination, she doesn't really like hockey and her forced enthusiasm is obvious. Even Messier and Chelios seemed forced and awkward. Enjoyed the Kraken giving Vegas a run for their money.

Tomorrow may be the clown show on TNT, hope they prove me wrong. :eyeroll:

+1 all around, Criscohead Melrose, he looked like he was about to drop dead. Cheli and Messier looked like a couple of marionettes on strings, and Cohn/Weekes, wtf? Otoh, I don't mind Steve Levy, based on his pbp calls of NCAA lacrosse. He injects an excitement level not seen since the days of Da Man, Gary Thorne, whom most folks think was the guy ESPN should have brought back. Even at 73, he admitted he would be up for it.
  • Like 1

Well it was nice to be back in Amalie Arena last night! The banner was raised! Sonya Bryson's return to belt out the Anthem after her 30+ day battle with Covid (D Varient). Back in my normal seats with all my season ticket holder seat mates was like a family reunion! The crowd was fired up! However the Bolts got theis asses handed to them by a Pittsburgh team short 3 starters! No umph! No intensity! Skating like they had stickum on their skates! A complete lacluster performance! Oh well at least there's 81 more games :D Did I mention how nice it was to be back in Amalie Arena ;)

Next up we travel to the Motor city ci take on the Redwings.

Go Bolts!!k

:hockey:

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned