Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Senjutsu

Haven't listened to it in a few weeks. It seems to hold up well. I'm getting more out of the guitar solos.

• Like 2

Trivium- In The Court Of The Dragon (9/10)

This has possibly bumped Senjutsu down to my second album of the year. The new album continues the current phase of their evolution by taking the last two albums, and infusing it with a more progressive flavour. Potentially my favourite Trivium album since Shogun, but I can't decide if I love it more than Sin And The Sentence from 2017 or not.

Who am I kidding? I adore everything this band have done!

• Like 3

Kilswith Engage-As Daylight Dies (10/10)

In my teens and 20's. i had such a problem.......well.....it was really a prejudice against harsh screamed vocals. i can admit it was a straight prejudice. but as i've gotten older i can accept them as an important aspect of what makes metalcore work. those harsh verses build up to a clean soaring chorus. it's a tension release that i love now.

KsE have it down to a fine art. great band i sadly ignored because of me turning my nose up.

Mick

• Like 2

Kilswith Engage-As Daylight Dies (10/10)

In my teens and 20's. i had such a problem.......well.....it was really a prejudice against harsh screamed vocals. i can admit it was a straight prejudice. but as i've gotten older i can accept them as an important aspect of what makes metalcore work. those harsh verses build up to a clean soaring chorus. it's a tension release that i love now.

KsE have it down to a fine art. great band i sadly ignored because of me turning my nose up.

Mick

Since you're starting to appreciate this style, give The War Within by Shadows Fall a listen.

• Like 2

Since Wednesday

Ben Folds:

Rockin' The Suburbs

Super D EP

Sunny 16 EP

Speedgraphic EP

Songs For Silverman

Way To Normal

• Like 1

Meat Loaf- Welcome To The Neighborhood (9/10)

Survivor- Eye Of The Tiger (9/10)

• Like 3

• The topic was locked