Entre_Perpetuo

Yesterday:

Sara Bareilles - What's Inside: Songs From Waitress

Today:

Polaris - The Death Of Me

Polaris - The Mortal Coil

Like Moths To Flames

51+BO6eijoL._SY355_.jpg

2021 remastered version + live show from Nottingham 1976.

I have a lot of this band's records because I found them very cheap and very easily in record stores... but honestly... it's really only this and Turn Of The Cards that I care much about. Scheherazade is a perfect album, and Turn Of The Cards is darn close. Nothing else by them really comes close for me, though there are some cool moments on Prologue and A Song For All Seasons.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

51+BO6eijoL._SY355_.jpg

2021 remastered version + live show from Nottingham 1976.

I have a lot of this band's records because I found them very cheap and very easily in record stores... but honestly... it's really only this and Turn Of The Cards that I care much about. Scheherazade is a perfect album, and Turn Of The Cards is darn close. Nothing else by them really comes close for me, though there are some cool moments on Prologue and A Song For All Seasons.

I think Ashes Are Burning is also a strong album.

Blind Guardian- Nightfall In Middle Earth (10/10)

How have I never heard this band before? Holy f**k this band is amazing! Like a less thrashy Iced Earth!

Instantly a fan

One of the originals in power metal along with Helloween. I would give Imaginations From The Other Side a listen. Really fantastic band overall with a unique sound. Used to listen to them an ok amount about 10-15 years ago. Unfortunately, they feel off my radar for whatever reason and it's been a while since I listened to them. The price of being a music nerd I think. You discover other great bands and you forget about some of the other ones.

I started from the debut. I like the first couple of albums, but they got so much better in the early nineties! This is my favourite yet!

But you're right, there are so many phenomenal bands and genres, it's impossible to keep up with everything.

But I feel I've missed out growing up with Blind Guardian, they immediately took me to the same high levels of excitement that I had first listening all those many years ago to Iced Earth.

How have I never heard this band before? Holy f**k this band is amazing! Like a less thrashy Iced Earth!

Instantly a fan

One of the originals in power metal along with Helloween. I would give Imaginations From The Other Side a listen. Really fantastic band overall with a unique sound. Used to listen to them an ok amount about 10-15 years ago. Unfortunately, they feel off my radar for whatever reason and it's been a while since I listened to them. The price of being a music nerd I think. You discover other great bands and you forget about some of the other ones.

I'm a huge Blind Guardian fan, their upcoming album seems like it'll be good

Hansi has one of the strongest sounding voices I've ever heard, and while Andre isn't some sort of god at shredding, he makes up for it with some of the most creative and coolest solos, some of my favorite ever. the last thing that's very cool about Blind Guardian is their songs never get dull or old because of the way they structure their songs - there's a chorus that they always come back to, but each verse is completely unique and will introduce new riffs/melodies. I wish more people would write songs like that.

I recently learned to play the guitar solo for "Welcome To Dying" which is a lot of fun

That's awesome! Yeah I've known of this band but never for one second fancied trying them.

But being a huge epic fantasy reader, it's funny to think I thought they were too nerdy for me. Wheel Of Time is probably my favourite series, and now the song is too!

• Like 1

Instantly a fan

Hansi has one of the strongest sounding voices I've ever heard, and while Andre isn't some sort of god at shredding, he makes up for it with some of the most creative and coolest solos, some of my favorite ever. the last thing that's very cool about Blind Guardian is their songs never get dull or old because of the way they structure their songs - there's a chorus that they always come back to, but each verse is completely unique and will introduce new riffs/melodies. I wish more people would write songs like that.

I recently learned to play the guitar solo for "Welcome To Dying" which is a lot of fun

That's awesome! Yeah I've known of this band but never for one second fancied trying them.

But being a huge epic fantasy reader, it's funny to think I thought they were too nerdy for me. Wheel Of Time is probably my favourite series, and now the song is too!

they manage to make being nerdy bad ass lol. that's the other cool part about them, hansi's a huge fiction reader so i don't think he's ever written a song that wasn't based on a novel he enjoyed

i didn't even realize "traveler in time" was about dune until recently

• Like 1

Instantly a fan

they manage to make being nerdy bad ass lol. that's the other cool part about them, hansi's a huge fiction reader so i don't think he's ever written a song that wasn't based on a novel he enjoyed

I'd actually love an entire Wheel Of Time themed metal album, but Nightfall is making me want to reread Silmarillion!

• Like 1

Instantly a fan

I'd actually love an entire Wheel Of Time themed metal album, but Nightfall is making me want to reread Silmarillion!

I never read that one, I'd imagine the album's more enjoyable if you had.

my favorite songs from it are Mirror Mirror, Time Stands Still, Blood Tears (that second verse gives me chills every time), Noldor, Into the Storm, and honestly "Dark Passage/Final Chapter" is one of the coolest album closers I've ever heard, the groove during the intro/first verse is incredibly unique and I love the idea of ending a otherwise triumphant concept album on an unexpectedly grim note.

Instantly a fan

I never read that one, I'd imagine the album's more enjoyable if you had.

my favorite songs from it are Mirror Mirror, Time Stands Still, Blood Tears (that second verse gives me chills every time), Noldor, Into the Storm, and honestly "Dark Passage/Final Chapter" is one of the coolest album closers I've ever heard, the groove during the intro/first verse is incredibly unique and I love the idea of ending a otherwise triumphant concept album on an unexpectedly grim note.

Time Stands Still also makes for a great concert opener, I really recommend this live DVD in general:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4Ms0-OyZY

http://a.imageshack.us/img225/3904/tompettyplayback.jpg

Disc One: The Big Jangle

Disc Two: Spoiled and Mistreated

Disc Three: Good Booty

Disc Four: The Other Sides

Disc Five: Through the Cracks

Disc Six: Nobody's Children

tom-petty-and-the-heartbreakers-black-and-white.jpg

• Like 3

CS866526-01A-MED.jpg

New album from Kaprekar's Constant. Massively talented band whose music is quite hard to catagorise.

Worth listening to for ex VDGG's David Jackson and his maverick sax playing!

I would thoroughly recommend all three albums by this band.

hqdefault.jpg

One of the greatest ever Flamenco singers Cameron De La Isla teams up with one of the greatest ever Flamenco guitarists Paco De Lucia.

Full on Flamenco.

4ca1ff4e-61d1-48cd-a45e-4b38c1ab2304.jpg

New Michael Romeo album.

Romeo is totally at the top of his game here - impressive playing.

I am really liking the vocals on this album - Dino Jelusick. I haven't heard any previous stuff by him but he sounds pretty good to me!

Huey Lewis-Picture that (10/10)

really heavy into hooks and melody lately. Huey and company were masters at this!!!!

Mick

I LOVE THIS ALBUM

• Like 2

Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

Ghosts Of Atlantis - 3 6 2 4

• Like 5

• The topic was locked