Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Leaves' Eyes- Elegy EP (9/10)

Leaves' Eyes- Legend Land EP (9/10)

Leaves' Eyes- Vinland Saga (10/10)

This was a ridiculously fruitful era for this band. Not only was this a very well received album, but both EP's were at the time massive critical successes and extremely popular with fans. As far as symphonic metal goes, I think Leaves' Eyes are one of the three crowing jewels of the genre, and Vinland Saga is one of the best albums I've ever heard. But there are songs on both EPs that also could have enriched the album, had they chosen to release them as album tracks. (In fact the deluxe edition of Vinland Saga is blessed with two beautiful bonus tracks as well).

Leaves' Eyes- Meredead (9/10)

• Like 1

blue-oyster-cult-the-symbol-remains.jpg

deep-purple-whoosh.jpg

kansas-the-absence-of-presence.jpg

I am really impresses with the BOC album, well done.

Especially this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4TFfTSUbto

Fantastic.

In that video Eric even reminds me of the mysterious figures on the cover of Fire of Unknown Origin.

Yes he does, speaking of Fires, what a great album, think i will give that a spin.
  • Like 2

220px-The_Makarrata_Project_by_Midnight_Oil.png

Big fan of the band, but haven't heard this. How is it?

It's ok. Has a couple of really good tracks. After the Full Circle tour the band reconvened to record. They ended up recording 19 tracks, coming in at around 95 minutes. Seven of the tracks had the common indigenous/reconciliation etc theme so they took those out and released them as the EP I have listed here. The remaining twelve tracks appear on the newly released Resist album, which is really good. Personally, I would have loved it if they put the few tracks I really like on the EP on the album proper. This would have meant a longer running time (think Vapor Trails - my favourite Rush album - but I know you often quote that as being too long!)

220px-The_Makarrata_Project_by_Midnight_Oil.png

Big fan of the band, but haven't heard this. How is it?

It's ok. Has a couple of really good tracks. After the Full Circle tour the band reconvened to record. They ended up recording 19 tracks, coming in at around 95 minutes. Seven of the tracks had the common indigenous/reconciliation etc theme so they took those out and released them as the EP I have listed here. The remaining twelve tracks appear on the newly released Resist album, which is really good. Personally, I would have loved it if they put the few tracks I really like on the EP on the album proper. This would have meant a longer running time (think Vapor Trails - my favourite Rush album - but I know you often quote that as being too long!)

I usually fall on the "leave them wanting more" side, yes.

• The topic was locked