Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance (10/10)

Is it weird that Fever is my favourite song on this album?

I love Fever, but my favorite is Bloodstone
  • Like 1

Yesterday I listened to AC/DC Let There Be Rock - The Movie: Live in Paris and AC/DC Live. The Johnson era is better.

It might be better, but the Bon era is foundational to the history of rock and roll. TNT and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap have probably been played by every one who’s ever wanted to rock within the first few weeks of picking up a guitar.

Yesterday I listened to AC/DC Let There Be Rock - The Movie: Live in Paris and AC/DC Live. The Johnson era is better.

It might be better, but the Bon era is foundational to the history of rock and roll. TNT and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap have probably been played by every one who’s ever wanted to rock within the first few weeks of picking up a guitar.

So, Back In Black isn't foundational to the history of rock and roll? Nobody picked up a guitar and wanted to play the title track, Hells Bells or You Shook Me right away?

I get the love for the Bon era but people seem to forget that the band's most well known songs are with Johnson.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

So, Back In Black isn't foundational to the history of rock and roll? Nobody picked up a guitar and wanted to play the title track, Hells Bells or You Shook Me right away?

I get the love for the Bon era but people seem to forget that the band's most well known songs are with Johnson.

I probably overstated my point there. I meant more that TNT and DDDDC are super easy, like Smoke On The Water level easy. The stuff on Back In Black takes a bit more finesse.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

81pF591sDaL._SS500_.jpg

How do you like it? I have my copy I'll listen to it when I'm done with 1986! Then later back on the horse and 1987!

I'm just one listen in and liking it a lot - particularly the epic anthem 'The Pilgrimage'.

Typical Saxon stuff - no nonsense Metal. I don't think you will be disappoitned.

• Like 1

81pF591sDaL._SS500_.jpg

How do you like it? I have my copy I'll listen to it when I'm done with 1986! Then later back on the horse and 1987!

I'm just one listen in and liking it a lot - particularly the epic anthem 'The Pilgrimage'.

Typical Saxon stuff - no nonsense Metal. I don't think you will be disappoitned.

Aye!

• Like 1

81pF591sDaL._SS500_.jpg

Aye!

Having my second listen right now ..... by heck this is vintage stuff!

Call it a hunch but when the beers kick in on Saturday night, I will be air-guitaring to this lol!!

220px-Asia_-_Aura_%282000%29_front_cover.jpg

220px-Asia_-_Silent_Nation_%282004%29_front_cover.jpg

Based on a conversation I had earlier with treeduck I gave the above Asia albums a spin.

Both feature the guitar talents of the wonderful Guthrie Govan ....... nice!

• Like 3

You can make a good argument that all AC/DC is important to rock history (and, in fact, there's a really fun book entitled, "Why AC/DC Matters," that does just that). Back in Black is one of the most important hard rock albums of all time. It sold around 50 million copies because it's one of "those," albums.

I love the Bon Scott era. But I find interesting not only the "love," people have for that era (which I share), but more importantly how much of it is directed at the least well-known album from it.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked