The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

For me, the bigger issue is a hyper-protected player being allowed to fake going out of bounds, freeze the defense, and then go on to make a play. Similar to faking the slide, it seems unfair.
  • Like 1

For me, the bigger issue is a hyper-protected player being allowed to fake going out of bounds, freeze the defense, and then go on to make a play. Similar to faking the slide, it seems unfair.

In general, I agree with you. In this case, after having viewed the play several times, to me there was really nothing to indicate that he slowed up or was not considering the option to throw.

• Like 3

Over for this year for the Pats. hey they didnt do bad for a team with a Rookie quarterback. Thanks for the good season Patriots ! :ebert:

While I admire your positivism, the defense was disgraceful last night, and the team has been bad since the bye. After Tampa won the Super Bowl last year, there was a lot of talk about the team opening up the coffers in free agency. Jones wasn't good last night, but his inexperience isn't even close to being the problem. Buffalo didn't punt, turn the ball over, or kick a field goal ONCE. Down the stretch they even lost to Miami. I hope they DON'T feel good about how this season went.

• Like 2

Over for this year for the Pats. hey they didnt do bad for a team with a Rookie quarterback. Thanks for the good season Patriots ! :ebert:

While I admire your positivism, the defense was disgraceful last night, and the team has been bad since the bye. After Tampa won the Super Bowl last year, there was a lot of talk about the team opening up the coffers in free agency. Jones wasn't good last night, but his inexperience isn't even close to being the problem. Buffalo didn't punt, turn the ball over, or kick a field goal ONCE. Down the stretch they even lost to Miami. I hope they DON'T feel good about how this season went.

One of two losses to the Dolphins this year, but who's counting?

• Like 1

Buffalo put on an absolute ass whipping. Only question is did they shoot their load prematurely?

How many teams have played a perfect game and then played another great game right afterwards? Very few, I think.

There is also the Letdown effect. Crushing your bitter arch-rival is often followed by a letdown. The Bills had better be wary....

• Like 2

That's even WORSE! But, in fairness, the first loss was Jones' first game, and they lost by 1. In the second game they gave up 33 points to a horrible team.

• Like 1

That's even WORSE! But, in fairness, the first loss was Jones' first game, and they lost by 1. In the second game they gave up 33 points to a horrible team.

Which would make them?

Although at least they showed a little fight in the Miami game. They just laid down like dogs last night. But don't worry, the SEC will never accept a Yankee team, even though they'd be ideal rivals for Vanderbilt.

• Like 1

Which would make them?

Although at least they showed a little fight in the Miami game. They just laid down like dogs last night. But don't worry, the SEC will never accept a Yankee team, even though they'd be ideal rivals for Vanderbilt.

I wish I could say they played with pride and heart last night, but they didn't. But I'm glad they only took 1 year off from making the playoffs. Although, really, what kind of NFL team DOESN'T make the playoffs in this system, you know what I mean?

• Like 2

In general, I agree with you. In this case, after having viewed the play several times, to me there was really nothing to indicate that he slowed up or was not considering the option to throw.

He was headed toward the sideline, in response to which the defense put the brakes on. Their mistake, but understandable imo based on how quickly a 15yd roughing flag is frequently thrown

I was actually a fan of the Grogan Pat's when they were the overachieving underdogs. But it gave me great pleasure to see the evil empire Pat's humiliated. Since Cole Beasly is a homeboy, I'll be rooting for the Bills until they play KC, then I'll be conflicted.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Shegulls on making the playoffs. (told you so!) And well done sacking Boo Hoo Brady three times in the first half. A win in TB does not appear to be in the cards, but keep it close enough to keep Brady in the game so you can keep pounding him! Bwhahahaha!!!!
  • Like 1

So what parting gifts do the Eagles get for being on the Show? What do they get, Don Pardo?

So what parting gifts do the Eagles get for being on the Show? What do they get, Don Pardo?

They get the dlldo thrown from the stands into endzone when New England scored the touchdown in the third quarter.
  • Like 1

1642360850[/url'>' post='4982917']
1642351514' post='4982864']
1642336460[/url]' post='4982821']

I was actually a fan of the Grogan Pat's when they were the overachieving underdogs. But it gave me great pleasure to see the evil empire Pat's humiliated. Since Cole Beasly is a homeboy, I'll be rooting for the Bills until they play KC, then I'll be conflicted.

Understandable. If they weren’t my hometown team I’m sure I’d hate the Brady-led Pats too.

Grogan was the epitome of a tough overachiever until his knees and neck stopped him. I wish they would go back to those unis.

Garappo-lol

Misses wide open receiver, forcing punt. Leads to Dallas field goal. Next series throws pick. Leads to Dallas TD.

SF defense does everything to win this game, Garappolo shits the bed.

ETA: Again

SF still can win this, but seriously...

Edited by goose

Garappo-lol

Misses wide open receiver, forcing punt. Leads to Dallas field goal. Next series throws pick. Leads to Dallas TD.

Every opponent of the 49ers has a secret weapon, and it is the 49ers' quarterback.

• Like 1

Who builds a stadium costing a whole lot of money with something hanging from the ceiling low enough to be hit by a punted ball?

When I first watched a game televised from that hideous stadium, my first thought was literally, "All those fans are going there to watch TV...." :eh:

• Like 1

Garappo-lol

Every opponent of the 49ers has a secret weapon, and it is the 49ers' quarterback.

Last two series he had absurd overthrows, the second for a pick. Ridiculous.

Nice end of game play call, Dallas. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Who builds a stadium costing a whole lot of money with something hanging from the ceiling low enough to be hit by a punted ball?

When I first watched a game televised from that hideous stadium, my first thought was literally, "All those fans are going there to watch TV...." :eh:

The great absurdity of the modern stadium.

My brother in law loves luxury boxes, whereas I sit there and think "this is a less comfortable version of my living room".

Turn. The. Corner!

That will be some good field position!

f***ing Mahomes throws a pick on the first play?!?

Run. The. Ball. FFS.

Edited by goose