The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Burrow-Chase was a heck of a combination

Especially when Chase is running wide open. ;)

Even tightly covered Burrow dropped it perfectly and Chase made the tough catch.

Even tightly covered Burrow dropped it perfectly and Chase made the tough catch.

Burrow is the real deal, even though he has the face of a 14-year old. :lol:

Jemarr Chase is what DK Metcalf should be. He catches everything instead of at times dropping easy passes and uses his size and strength to dominate on 50/50 balls. Watch some film and learn instead of pouting like a bitch DK.
  • Like 1

Packers 37

No Kirk Vikings 10

It sure looked COLD out there on the field! Coach Zimmer may have a permanently red nose now.....

TJ Watt is very good.

Ya but the Cowboys drafted Taco Charlton instead of TJ!

Don't feel alone. The Seahawks traded out of their pick at #26 where they could've also had Watt and drafted Malik McDowell at #35 (Watt went #30) who never played a fukking down for Seattle.

Fire Pete Carroll. Fire John Schneider

TJ Watt is very good.

Ya but the Cowboys drafted Taco Charlton instead of TJ!

Don't feel alone. The Seahawks traded out of their pick at #26 where they could've also had Watt and drafted Malik McDowell at #35 (Watt went #30) who never played a fukking down for Seattle.

Packers did the same. They traded back from #29 to #33, where they selected CB Kevin King, who has not been very good. Pittsburgh took Watt at #30.

Many Packer fans will never forgive the egregious error. :rage:

Hub Arkush, a veteran Chicago sportswriter and NFL MVP voter, will not be voting for Aaron Rodgers. He explains why:

I don’t think you can be the biggest jerk in the league and punish your team, and your organization and your fan base the way he did and be the Most Valuable Player.

Has he been the most valuable on the field? Yeah, you could make that argument, but I don’t think he is clearly that much more valuable than Jonathan Taylor or Cooper Kupp or maybe even Tom Brady. So from where I sit, the rest of it is why he’s not gonna be my choice.

Do I think he’s gonna win it? Probably. A lot of voters don’t approach it the way I do, but others do, who I’ve spoken to. But one of the ways we get to keep being voters is we’re not allowed to say who we are voting for until after the award has been announced. I’m probably pushing the envelope by saying who I’m not voting for. But we’re not really supposed to reveal our votes.

I just think that the way he’s carried himself is inappropriate. I think he’s a bad guy, and I don’t think a bad guy can be the most valuable guy at the same time.

There’s no guidelines. We are told to pick the guy who we think is most valuable to his team. And I don’t think it says anywhere, ‘strictly on the field,’ although I do think he hurt his team on the field by the way he acted off the field.....

:D :D :D

• Like 2

Hub Arkush, a veteran Chicago sportswriter and NFL MVP voter, will not be voting for Aaron Rodgers. He explains why:

I don’t think you can be the biggest jerk in the league and punish your team, and your organization and your fan base the way he did and be the Most Valuable Player.

Has he been the most valuable on the field? Yeah, you could make that argument, but I don’t think he is clearly that much more valuable than Jonathan Taylor or Cooper Kupp or maybe even Tom Brady. So from where I sit, the rest of it is why he’s not gonna be my choice.

Do I think he’s gonna win it? Probably. A lot of voters don’t approach it the way I do, but others do, who I’ve spoken to. But one of the ways we get to keep being voters is we’re not allowed to say who we are voting for until after the award has been announced. I’m probably pushing the envelope by saying who I’m not voting for. But we’re not really supposed to reveal our votes.

I just think that the way he’s carried himself is inappropriate. I think he’s a bad guy, and I don’t think a bad guy can be the most valuable guy at the same time.

There’s no guidelines. We are told to pick the guy who we think is most valuable to his team. And I don’t think it says anywhere, ‘strictly on the field,’ although I do think he hurt his team on the field by the way he acted off the field.....

It would be interesting to see Arkush's voting history.

The main problem with this guy's rant is that it doesn't specify exactly what Rodgers did wrong. It was mostly name-calling and slaps at his character.

He's just another disgruntled Bear fan who hates the Packers.

The main problem with this guy's rant is that it doesn't specify exactly what Rodgers did wrong. It was mostly name-calling and slaps at his character.

Pretty clear to me it's the COVID thing.
  • Like 1

Maybe. Probably. He could have easily stated it in his rant.

Maybe. Probably. He could have easily stated it in his rant.

COVID, the holdout. But you're right, being a Bears fan is part of the calculus for sure.

Tonight's game is all about swagger, according to the announcers. :facepalm:

Where's the ManningCast?

Or even the Chelsea ManningCast...