The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Packers 45

Bears (and Packers special teams) 30

Up here in Packer Land, we're quite tuckered out. Cheering, screaming in terror, cheering again, yelling expletives, cheering again....... :haz: :rage: :ebert: :doh: :clap: :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man

Bengals, unfamiliar with the NFL rules for overtime, shift to prevent defense and give up the winning TD after kicking what could have been a game-winning OT field goal.

#preventdefense

Seems like more often than not, the prevent defense only prevents that team from winning.

See every Seahawks loss of the 1980s.

Chuck Knox!!

My Rams pulled the upset after losing recently to the best team! :notworthy: Best they can do is a wild card, though.

Beat Dallas in the Wild Card round, and win another trip to Lambeau Field! Hooray!! :sundog:

My Rams pulled the upset after losing recently to the best team! :notworthy: Best they can do is a wild card, though.

Beat Dallas in the Wild Card round, and win another trip to Lambeau Field! Hooray!! :sundog:

Of course, you realize...

;) ;)

• Like 3

Urban Meyer, it was nice of you to stop by for a cup of coffee down in Jacksonville.

Buh bye .... :hi:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

I guess the college game doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL

At all, really. Especially in the player psychology aspect of things.

Meyer's a known bully, and that shit don't fly in the NF of L.

• Like 1

1639681989[/url'>' post='4975208']
1639634521' post='4975098']

Urban Meyer, it was nice of you to stop by for a cup of coffee down in Jacksonville.

Buh bye .... :hi:

Is there an MMA league for older guys, because I think he could get rid of some of that anger? Or just stay retired altogether.

Mean, drunk and stupid is no way to go through retirement, old man.

-- Dean Wermer

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

With several teams getting hit hard by the Covid, the Packers should consider themselves lucky.

....but losing Super Nose Tackle Kenny Clark this week hurts.... :(

With several teams getting hit hard by the Covid, the Packers should consider themselves lucky.

....but losing Super Nose Tackle Kenny Clark this week hurts.... :(

Seahawks have lost Tyler Lockett, already over 1K yds for the season. Huge loss. Rams have lost a bunch of guys too, but as long as Aaron Donald isn't one of them, they'll own the Seahawks like usual.

The only 3 that I can think of that made the successful jump were Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and by far the best one, Jimmy Johnson.

No, go back and sit down Barry Switzer. That was Jimmy's team you won with. All you had to do was not fukk it up.

The only 3 that I can think of that made the successful jump were Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and by far the best one, Jimmy Johnson.

No, go back and sit down Barry Switzer. That was Jimmy's team you won with. All you had to do was not fukk it up.

Switzer was one of the NFL's biggest embarrassments ever. What a nincompoop.

Bobby Petrino ranks up down there, too.

Edited by Principled Man

Chargers’ head coach had better do some soul searching after sabotaging his team’s chances of winning a massively important game.

Kick some field goals, ya dope!

• Like 3

Chargers’ head coach had better do some soul searching after sabotaging his team’s chances of winning a massively important game.

4 times inside the 5 yard line and scored 7 points? wth

Analytics?

What I know is that points are hard to get in the NFL. Take them when you can get them. Kick the field goal.

Analytics?

What I know is that points are hard to get in the NFL. Take them when you can get them. Kick the field goal.

Maybe going for it the first time was not a horrible idea, but after that, you take points. With each failed attempt, he dug the hole deeper. Just ONE field goal would have been a huge factor in the end of the game.

Analytics are a farce, IMO. All the statistical probabilities don’t mean squat compared to real time decision making. How is your team playing right now? Are they on a roll? Is the other team tired and/or struggling? Is your team tired? Has your short yardage offense been succeeding?

Analytics?

Maybe going for it the first time was not a horrible idea, but after that, you take points. With each failed attempt, he dug the hole deeper. Just ONE field goal would have been a huge factor in the end of the game.

Analytics are a farce, IMO. All the statistical probabilities don’t mean squat compared to real time decision making. How is your team playing right now? Are they on a roll? Is the other team tired and/or struggling? Is your team tired? Has your short yardage offense been succeeding?

Points matter. Make a team beat you.