The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

1640143926[/url'>' post='4976618']
1640143719' post='4976617']
1640142953[/url]' post='4976613']

Non pass interference call costs Seattle a chance at victory.

Was that on the final play? I saw the pass but not the replay.

I thought it was a weird play call. Hadn't Seattle just gotten a first down?

Just watched a replay. The receiver was indeed pushed out of position. Why no call?

Because the refs are trying their best to be consistent.....at being lousy refs.

Dear DeeJay Dallas,

We wish to inform you that we will not flag the defender for his blatant interference on your attempt to catch a pass. However, we will flag you for kicking the football in anger after the aforementioned non-flag.

Sincerely,

The Officiating Crew

Edited by Principled Man

Just watched a replay. The receiver was indeed pushed out of position. Why no call?

Because the refs are trying their best to be consistent.....at being lousy refs.

I just watched the game highlights and realized that LABT was referencing a no-call from early that same final series, one that's even more unbelievable. It's insane that in the final two minutes of a game something like that isn't reviewable automatically. e
  • Like 1

It's been a bizarre season in the AFC, indeed...

https://www.theringe...-patriots-colts

The Bengals scored 15 points against the Broncos this week, which seems bad; the Ravens have lost three consecutive games by four total points, which is definitely bad; the Steelers, who played an objectively horrible game even by Pittsburgh standards on Sunday, still squeaked by the Titans. Those Titans have lost three of their past four games, and yet have an 84 percent chance to win the AFC South, according to FiveThirtyEight, given their two head-to-head wins over Indianapolis. The Colts, another Probably Good team making a late-season push, beat the Definitely Good But Maybe Not As Good As We Thought Patriots on Saturday night, knocking New England out of position for the first-round bye. The team that’s now leading that race? The 10-4 Kansas City Chiefs. At least there’s something we can trust. Oh, wait, the Chiefs nearly lost to the Chargers like eight different times on Thursday. Don’t believe in anything, kids.

:wacko:

The NFC side has had its bizarre moments as well. Just last week..

...the Arizona Cardinals...lost to the 1-11-1 Detroit Lions by 18 points on Sunday....and Dennis Allen and the Saints became the first defense in 15 years to shut out Tom Brady.

Edited by goose

The Bengals scored 15 points against the Broncos this week, which seems bad; the Ravens have lost three consecutive games by four total points, which is definitely bad; the Steelers, who played an objectively horrible game even by Pittsburgh standards on Sunday, still squeaked by the Titans. Those Titans have lost three of their past four games, and yet have an 84 percent chance to win the AFC South, according to FiveThirtyEight, given their two head-to-head wins over Indianapolis. The Colts, another Probably Good team making a late-season push, beat the Definitely Good But Maybe Not As Good As We Thought Patriots on Saturday night, knocking New England out of position for the first-round bye. The team that’s now leading that race? The 10-4 Kansas City Chiefs. At least there’s something we can trust. Oh, wait, the Chiefs nearly lost to the Chargers like eight different times on Thursday. Don’t believe in anything, kids.

...the Arizona Cardinals...lost to the 1-11-1 Detroit Lions by 18 points on Sunday....and Dennis Allen and the Saints became the first defense in 15 years to shut out Tom Brady.

For Brady, only the third time in more than 300 games that's happened. I'm surprised he didn't announce he was taking some time off for the foreseeable future afterwards. He was not a happy camper.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

For Brady, only the third time in more than 300 games that's happened. I'm surprised he didn't announce he was taking some time off for the foreseeable future afterwards. He was not a happy camper.

I know. If there's one thing he's proven over the years, he's a quitter.

• Like 1

I know. If there's one thing he's proven over the years, he's a quitter.

I've heard he's done.

Before last week's stink bomb games by both teams, around here there was a lot of talk about a Patriots - Bucs Super Bowl showdown. Serious question for LABT, who would you root for there?

Tampa. Preferably in a COVID forfeit.

Or better yet, with Gabbert leading the Bucs back from a 29-3 deficit.

And you?

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Before last week's stink bomb games by both teams, around here there was a lot of talk about a Patriots - Bucs Super Bowl showdown. Serious question for LABT, who would you root for there?

And you?

Patriots.

It was only 28-3, btw.

• Like 1

And you?

Patriots.

It was only 28-3, btw.

That's why I chose 29.

• Like 3

And you?

Patriots.

It was only 28-3, btw.

That's why I chose 29.

:lol:

• Like 2

And I was right. It was first and ten. Very strange all around.

It was not called for the same reason the egregious PI wasn't called in the NFC Championship game a couple of years ago when the Rams were playing the Saints. The NFL is absolutely desperate to make the Rams good because the LA market will not in any way shape or form support a team that is not a winner. The league's officials have been instructed to give the Rams whatever breaks are necessary to help them win.

Signed, Super Bowl XL*

I would root for career ending injuries. :beathorse:

Packers & Baker Mayfield 24

Browns & Nick Chubb 22

NFC running backs were watching this game and salivating like Pavlov's dogs! The Packer defense is struggling these days. :drool:

Packer fans were watching their team's "prevent offense" for the last 25 minutes of the game....and were foaming at the mouth! :rage:

Chargers score to get lead to 5pts. Early in the game, PAT gets you up 6. Coach goes for 2.

:facepalm:

incorrigible [adjective]

: incapable of being corrected or amended

a: not reformable

b: not manageable

c: Brandon Staley

Chargers score to get lead to 5pts. Early in the game, PAT gets you up 6. Coach goes for 2.

:facepalm:

incorrigible [adjective]

: incapable of being corrected or amended

a: not reformable

b: not manageable

c: Brandon Staley

Perfect!

Wilson passes for two touchdowns with no turnovers as Pete Carroll takes a 24-14 lead into the fourth quarter against the Chicago Bears!

Seahawks give up eleven 4th quarter points. Lose by one.

lol