RPG: Pyromania vs. Don't Look Back

choose one  

28 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Def Leppard - Pyromania
    • Boston - Don't Look Back
  2. 2. band

If grammar debates are what it takes to get these RPG threads popular then I'm all for it!

How do y'all feel about Oxford commas?

origin.jpg

They seem necessary.

I agree!

Other languages survive without them, and so do I.

Pyromania is the best Def Leppard album, and is better than either High N' Dry or Hysteria.

OTTN is the best Leppard album. It is a NWOBHM benchmark. In all fairness, once Pete Willis left the band it was the beginning of the end.

It's a great one, but they peaked with Pyromania. Hysteria wasn't a "step down," per se, it's just a little smoother than Pyromania. Adrenalize was a step back. After that, they have had their ups and downs, but none of their music is bad IMO. I saw them a few years ago, co-headlining with Journey, for the first time since the Pyromania tour. They are STILL outstanding live. I have tickets for the tour with the Crue. I fully expect them to blow the Crue off the stage, just like they did to Journey.

• Like 1

Pyromania is the best Def Leppard album, and is better than either High N' Dry or Hysteria.

OTTN is the best Leppard album. It is a NWOBHM benchmark. In all fairness, once Pete Willis left the band it was the beginning of the end.

It's a great one, but they peaked with Pyromania. Hysteria wasn't a "step down," per se, it's just a little smoother than Pyromania. Adrenalize was a step back. After that, they have had their ups and downs, but none of their music is bad IMO. I saw them a few years ago, co-headlining with Journey, for the first time since the Pyromania tour. They are STILL outstanding live. I have tickets for the tour with the Crue. I fully expect them to blow the Crue off the stage, just like they did to Journey.

Almost anyone could destroy Crue now. The last time I saw them, Alice Cooper wiped the floor with them. Back to Leppard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are bad, I'm just saying that in comparison to the first 3 albums they are bland at best. I don't care what anyone says, the first 3 Leppard albums is a run that can stand toe to toe with any other 80s metal band easy.

Euphoria in '99 was a really good effort. Paper Sun is one of my favorites of theirs period

Almost anyone could destroy Crue now. The last time I saw them, Alice Cooper wiped the floor with them. Back to Leppard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are bad, I'm just saying that in comparison to the first 3 albums they are bland at best. I don't care what anyone says, the first 3 Leppard albums is a run that can stand toe to toe with any other 80s metal band easy.

Certainly you're not implying that Vince Neil didn't age well.

:no:

Agreed on that last point.

Euphoria in '99 was a really good effort. Paper Sun is one of my favorites of theirs period

As I say about a lot of bands, I'm a fan, so I can find something to enjoy about all their albums.

From their later albums, Undefeated is a great running song.

• Like 1

As I say about a lot of bands, I'm a fan, so I can find something to enjoy about all their albums.

I would have thought that song would be bittersweet for you, if only for the title.

• Like 1

I saw them on the tour where they used Undefeated as the opening song. Literally nobody knew what it was. I thought that was too bad because it's a pretty good song and I'm sure most people there would have liked it if that wasn't their first time hearing it.

I saw them on the tour where they used Undefeated as the opening song. Literally nobody knew what it was. I thought that was too bad because it's a pretty good song and I'm sure most people there would have liked it if that wasn't their first time hearing it.

I saw that tour as well, 2012ish. It's another good song. They also busted out Gods of War :haz:

Pyromania is front to back EXCELLENT! Love the energy of the band matched with Joe's vocal assault! Pure metal! Boston, while talented, imo never put any album that could match Pyromania. But is it fair to say? I don't see them as being in the same genre of music. Unless you put them up against the later pop rock albums of Def Leppard.

Def Leppard all the way even if their later albums are the same recycled hook hits...

I saw that tour as well, 2012ish. It's another good song. They also busted out Gods of War :haz:

God's of War is one song I always thought would've fit on Pyromania. Great track!

I've liked Def Leppard, and Boston. Both bands, and groups are different in their own ways, but I prefer Def Leppard. I've liked Def Leppard's Pyromania, and Boston's Don't Look Back, and think that Boston's Don't Look Back is as good as their Boston c.d., and album. I've given Def Leppard's Pyromania the edge.